Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leather Shift Boot
There was another member on here that had made some leather shift boots. I wanted to order some at the time, but did not and now he has not been active on here for a long time, so I decided to try my hand at making my own. A friend of mine cut up her leather pants and made shorts out of them. She gave me one of the legs as raw material.

Before:
[Image: IMG_1052.jpg]

Taken apart, note how beat up the cheap vinyl boot was:
[Image: IMG_1060.jpg]

Used the old boot to pattern the new leather:
[Image: IMG_1061.jpg]

Stitched all up:
[Image: IMG_1062.jpg]

Final product installed:
[Image: IMG_1064.jpg]
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
Looks great!
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
looks really good, nice job!
Good use of the leather chaps you used to wear.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Nice work. Any photos of your female friend?
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
The pants could look better with holes cut out.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Well done,

I had the ebrake boot replaced by a leather duplicate made by that member.

Makes things look classier IMO

NefCanuck
Very nice work Vince ... does your wife know you're so handy with a sewing machine?

BTW - IIRC the guy who did these for us a couple of years ago was the pepperman ... he's still quite active on the "airplane" site sout of the border.

And finally ... I was wondering what kind of fragrance the leather had ... cowhide or .......... female.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
ZTWsquared,May 3 2009, 08:23 PM Wrote:Very nice work Vince ... does your wife know you're so handy with a sewing machine?

BTW - IIRC the guy who did these for us a couple of years ago was the pepperman ... he's still quite active on the "airplane" site sout of the border.

And finally ... I was wondering what kind of fragrance the leather had ... cowhide or .......... female.
[right][snapback]286434[/snapback][/right]

Hay Ken his name is "mailman666" I talked to him last summer, I think he is out of T.O.
He seems like a decent guy to deal with.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
ZTWsquared,May 3 2009, 07:23 PM Wrote:Very nice work Vince ... does your wife know you're so handy with a sewing machine?

[right][snapback]286434[/snapback][/right]

Well lucky for me, my wife does not frequent this site. Actually it is only the second time I've used that sewing machine. I prefer to figure out how to do something and then have the satisfaction that I did it myself. The internet is a great resource.

As far as your last question... lambskin... :ph34r:

I knew that a co-worker had worked at Danier Leather and I had asked her if she could get some leather scraps for my project. She tried unsucessfully and then offered to part out her extensive little-worn leather wardrobe.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Replacing a shift boot. David A Scott 1 1,576 06-16-2012, 06:52 AM
Last Post: ZTWsquared
  Shift Boot Mason 35 8,609 06-05-2005, 04:09 AM
Last Post: Mason