FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wax---which Kind?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What kind of wax does everyone use? Liquid or paste? Which brand do you prefer?
I heard paste is the best.
Liquid Gold baby.
I like KY Gel..

oh you mean to wax the car..
Im using Turtle Wax 2001...Used it this morning :) See my other thread for pictures
Mother's....

Phase 1-2-3.... Don;t make any plans for the weekend.
Thanks for the replies guys. I know what I am doing this weekend. I was planning on using Mother's. There will be two shiny car to brag about by the end of the weekend. I know Tyler's car has never been waxed and I did mine last fall. I'll post some pic after we are done.
SVTZX503,Apr 12 2005, 03:44 PM Wrote:Thanks for the replies guys. I know what I am doing this weekend. I was planning on using Mother's. There will be two shiny car to brag about by the end of the weekend. I know Tyler's car has never been waxed and I did mine last fall. I'll post some pic after we are done.
[right][snapback]100926[/snapback][/right]

Look for rust. :lol:
Both cars have rust protection. Mine has an elctronic one and Tyler's was uncoated at the dealer.
Meguirs Gold. Works amazing, easy to apply and easy to remove!
MAlby7,Apr 12 2005, 04:08 PM Wrote:Meguirs Gold.  Works amazing, easy to apply and easy to remove!
[right][snapback]100938[/snapback][/right]

B)
Zymol and simoniz have been proven to be 2 of the best waxes out there.
i use turtle wax 2001, in paste form, works well i find, check my post of my ride to see yourself
lol finally, someone using the same wax i use...lol was worried there for a sec since turtlewax 2001 seem to be recommended by all the reviews and no one was using it...hehe :)
Meguiars NXT Tech Wax here.... shines like a mofo and lasts a long time.
Will post pics later if I remember.
Maguires gold class is the best in my books, and Ive tried them all. Use a clybar firdt and you will notice a huge difference.
Meguires for sure......
SVTZX503,Apr 12 2005, 03:52 PM Wrote:Both cars have rust protection. Mine has an elctronic one and Tyler's was uncoated at the dealer.
[right][snapback]100933[/snapback][/right]

Zeno.

BTW electronic rust control devices have not been proven to actually work.
Zaino Bros.

Z5 (for the swirl/scratch hiding)
Z2 (for the wet-look gloss)

It's expensive though...look to spend about $60 CDN with taxes.
BANG FOR BUCK & EXCELLENT RESULTS...

"SIMONIZ LIQUID WAX"

YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED..
Do you guys apply by hand (Mr Miagi Wa on Wax off) or use an orbital buffer? Hows the paint on the focus will a hispeed buffer wreck the finish of the clear coat?

David
Pages: 1 2