Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wax---which Kind?
What kind of wax does everyone use? Liquid or paste? Which brand do you prefer?
I heard paste is the best.
2003 CD Silver SVT Focus
#21 of 2173
Liquid Gold baby.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
I like KY Gel..

oh you mean to wax the car..
ZX3T gone..
Im using Turtle Wax 2001...Used it this morning :) See my other thread for pictures
2003 Focus ZTS Sedan - CD Silver - 2.0L ZETEC. Power Moonroof. Winter Package. 4 spd auto
2002 Mazda Protege ES Sedan - Sand Mica - 2.0L FS-DE. 4 spd auto

Toronto Protege Club Events Photographer
Toronto Protege Club Events Reporter
Mother's....

Phase 1-2-3.... Don;t make any plans for the weekend.
Thanks for the replies guys. I know what I am doing this weekend. I was planning on using Mother's. There will be two shiny car to brag about by the end of the weekend. I know Tyler's car has never been waxed and I did mine last fall. I'll post some pic after we are done.
2003 CD Silver SVT Focus
#21 of 2173
SVTZX503,Apr 12 2005, 03:44 PM Wrote:Thanks for the replies guys. I know what I am doing this weekend. I was planning on using Mother's. There will be two shiny car to brag about by the end of the weekend. I know Tyler's car has never been waxed and I did mine last fall. I'll post some pic after we are done.
[right][snapback]100926[/snapback][/right]

Look for rust. :lol:
Both cars have rust protection. Mine has an elctronic one and Tyler's was uncoated at the dealer.
2003 CD Silver SVT Focus
#21 of 2173
Meguirs Gold. Works amazing, easy to apply and easy to remove!
MAlby7,Apr 12 2005, 04:08 PM Wrote:Meguirs Gold.  Works amazing, easy to apply and easy to remove!
[right][snapback]100938[/snapback][/right]

B)
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Zymol and simoniz have been proven to be 2 of the best waxes out there.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
i use turtle wax 2001, in paste form, works well i find, check my post of my ride to see yourself
lol finally, someone using the same wax i use...lol was worried there for a sec since turtlewax 2001 seem to be recommended by all the reviews and no one was using it...hehe :)
2003 Focus ZTS Sedan - CD Silver - 2.0L ZETEC. Power Moonroof. Winter Package. 4 spd auto
2002 Mazda Protege ES Sedan - Sand Mica - 2.0L FS-DE. 4 spd auto

Toronto Protege Club Events Photographer
Toronto Protege Club Events Reporter
Meguiars NXT Tech Wax here.... shines like a mofo and lasts a long time.
Will post pics later if I remember.
2003 ZX3 French Blue; 25/35% tint; shorty antenna; apc clear corners; JVC MP3/CD HU; Sherwood 180W BP Series AMP; Alpine 11-band DSP with BBE processing; 4x Pioneer TS-A6870R 6" x 8" speakers; custom-made 4AWG engine grounding wires
Maguires gold class is the best in my books, and Ive tried them all. Use a clybar firdt and you will notice a huge difference.
Meguires for sure......
SVTZX503,Apr 12 2005, 03:52 PM Wrote:Both cars have rust protection. Mine has an elctronic one and Tyler's was uncoated at the dealer.
[right][snapback]100933[/snapback][/right]

Zeno.

BTW electronic rust control devices have not been proven to actually work.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
Zaino Bros.

Z5 (for the swirl/scratch hiding)
Z2 (for the wet-look gloss)

It's expensive though...look to spend about $60 CDN with taxes.
Richard | Focused 24-7
2002 ZTS | Sangria Red | +400,000 km - most of it avoiding potholes 100km/h at a time

OFOC - Ontario Focus Owners Club | SVTOA-Toronto | Redline Rendezvous @ Mosport International Raceway
BANG FOR BUCK & EXCELLENT RESULTS...

"SIMONIZ LIQUID WAX"

YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED..
Do you guys apply by hand (Mr Miagi Wa on Wax off) or use an orbital buffer? Hows the paint on the focus will a hispeed buffer wreck the finish of the clear coat?

David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]