FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Attn: Fido/rogers Customers In K/w & Surrounding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This upcoming weekend.. is a planned network upgrade to integrate Fido's network channels into Rogers' network. This will result in a Larger Greater Capacity Network, that Both Fido & Rogers customers can use, Seemless handoffs between Fido Channels and Rogers channels (was not possible before), GSM 850 for that 2-Watts of Mad Seeg Transmit power, and More Spectrum. As always, there will be some glitches when de-commissioning Fidos Nortel equiptment to be replaced with Rogers Ericsson Switches, Dont be alarmed, the problems will only be temporary. One more thing, Fido customers, your phone might display ROGERS as the alpha tag, do not be alarmed, its just temporary, a SIM Subscription update is in the works.

If you live in the following cities: Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, Guelph, Milton, Halton Hills, Georgetown or Brandford, feel free to contact me with any questions.

Paul
Fido Solutions / Rogers Wireless

And if you care to take advantage of the now broader coverage in those cities by joing the Rogers community (which gives you access to both the rogers and fido networks) contact me. This weekend I'm offering $50 gift cards good for EVERY handset in the store... that means you can get many phones free, and if the phone is less than $50, you can get 2 accessories, etc.
Good to hear that the money I'm paying is being used wisely and has much as I love my Fido I allways hated the fact that I couldn't get any reception at the cottage hopefully this helps.

Laterz :)
K_OS,Mar 16 2005, 12:20 PM Wrote:Good to hear that the money I'm paying is being used wisely and has much as I love my Fido I allways hated the fact that I couldn't get any reception at the cottage hopefully this helps.

[right][snapback]94023[/snapback][/right]

It wont. Rogers will still suck in cottage country. :P

Yes, I work for Bell. :lol:
Both rogers and bells sucks, telus has service pretty much everywhere and has had it for the longest time!

I DONT WORK FOR TELUS! :P
D-Dub,Mar 16 2005, 01: Wrote:Both rogers and bells sucks, telus has service pretty much everywhere and has had it for the longest time!

I DONT WORK FOR TELUS! :P
[right][snapback]94033[/snapback][/right]

Telus sucks to. :rolleyes: I had them on a 2 year contract, now their Mike network was freakin awsome. Service EVERYWHERE!!
Flofocus,Mar 16 2005, 11:27 AM Wrote:
K_OS,Mar 16 2005, 12:20 PM Wrote:Good to hear that the money I'm paying is being used wisely and has much as I love my Fido I allways hated the fact that I couldn't get any reception at the cottage hopefully this helps.

[right][snapback]94023[/snapback][/right]

It wont. Rogers will still suck in cottage country. :P

Yes, I work for Bell. :lol:
[right][snapback]94024[/snapback][/right]

Actually in Honey Harbour where my family's cottage is located Roger's customers get good enough signal to do all there phone chatting, I won't know if the service has improved untill I start going up in the summer.

Believe it or not, Rogers has pretty good coverage in cottage country, a PC4 phone with GSM 850 is a Must, as the 2-Watts will really help with signal transmission in those rural areas. Fidos coverage will be Identical to that of Rogers, so Both Fido AND Rogers will kick Bellus's but in cottage country. Also the Toronto to Montreal corridor will have Full Fido coverage as well.
For work:

Anybody here Bell Mobility or Glentel or SAT comm geniuses? GLOBALSTAR model?
Bellus WTF is that, they didnt merge?

I know Virgin is piggy backing off bell.....
D-Dub,Mar 17 2005, 01: Wrote:Bellus WTF is that, they didnt merge?

[right][snapback]94168[/snapback][/right]
You never heard Bellus before? That name came about because Bell uses Telus's network in the West, Telus uses Bells network in the East, they have a roaming agreement with one another, so when your using bell, ur also using tellus, hence Bellus means the network, not the company.
paolo,Mar 16 2005, 11:14 PM Wrote:Believe it or not, Rogers has pretty good coverage in cottage country, a PC4 phone with GSM 850 is a Must, as the 2-Watts will really help with signal transmission in those rural areas.  Fidos coverage will be Identical to that of Rogers, so Both Fido AND Rogers will kick Bellus's but in cottage country. Also the Toronto to Montreal corridor will have Full Fido coverage as well.
[right][snapback]94143[/snapback][/right]

No way in hell rogers is going to be able to compete with us in Cottage Country. :lol: All the cottages I've gone to, my cell works....everybody borrows it, because none of theirs are picking up signal and if they do get signal its dropped seconds later. Most of these cottages that I visit are in Quebec BTW....

I'll beleive it when my friends stop borrowing my phone for their calls. ;)
It's actually kind of funny... my Dad's MiKE phone dies right after Gravenhurst like there's a line drawn across the highway. He loves when he comes up to visit cause noone can find him :D
Flofocus,Mar 17 2005, 09:34 AM Wrote:No way in hell rogers is going to be able to compete with us in Cottage Country.  :lol: All the cottages I've gone to, my cell works....everybody borrows it, because none of theirs are picking up signal and if they do get signal its dropped seconds later.  Most of these cottages that I visit are in Quebec BTW....

I'll beleive it when my friends stop borrowing my phone for their calls.  ;)
[right][snapback]94214[/snapback][/right]

actually up to 2 years ago not even Rogers could get up to our cottage, but from what I heard from people who live up there all year long was that Rogers put a new tower up but it still a lousy signal but it's better than nothing, I'm actually with NOS2Go4Me on this one I love not getting calls while I'm trying to relax I just might have to turn the cell off when I'm up there now.

No doubt, I turn off my cellphone most of the time to when Im at the cottage. It is the only way to truly relax.

B)
London, Kitchener, Waterloo, Guelph, etc.. had a successfull cut-over last nite.. I've heard from many people today that they noticed the improve coverage, seemless handoffs, etc...

When doing a network scan, you will only find Rogers towers now, but both customers will be able to access it now, Yes EVEN city fido.
Scarborough is done, Peel Region, Halton region, North York and Markham are next.
Well, since i've been managing our cellular phones at our office, I've realized a few things regarding each of the phone companies:

Rogers: Sucks in Canada. Awesome in U.S. and Overseas Markets.

Bell: Good in town. Good for most rural areas. Shitty in U.S. and Overseas.

Telus: I've lost signal only ONCE on a logging road in New Brunswick for a half an hour. That's it, besides being in shipping containers. I'm expecting to go to Edmonton this summer with the focus and see how the phone holds up from Timmins, around Hearst, to Thunder Bay. Pretty much all the carriers don't have service in that corridor. The only thing I don't like about Telus is that the customer service hasn't been great, but some say that it's getting better.
Thunder Bay has telus.. just not too far outside tbay.
Oscar The Grouch,Jun 7 2005, 07:50 AM Wrote:Well, since i've been managing our cellular phones at our office, I've realized a few things regarding each of the phone companies:

Rogers:  Sucks in Canada.  Awesome in U.S. and Overseas Markets.

Bell:  Good in town.  Good for most rural areas.  Shitty in U.S. and Overseas.

Telus:  I've lost signal only ONCE on a logging road in New Brunswick for a half an hour.  That's it, besides being in shipping containers.  I'm expecting to go to Edmonton this summer with the focus and see how the phone holds up from Timmins, around Hearst, to Thunder Bay.  Pretty much all the carriers don't have service in that corridor.  The only thing I don't like about Telus is that the customer service hasn't been great, but some say that it's getting better.
[right][snapback]113063[/snapback][/right]

Telus seems to be pretty good everywhere espically down here in new brunswick, rogers is only good in the big cities and besides that it sucks. Right when u leave the city limit signs it dies. Where was that logging road u were on when u lost it?
Pages: 1 2