FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Turbo Install Started...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm starting this to hopefully get any input from others, and well to get those other guys working on their turbo setups to get moving because summer is comming fast...

At long last the turbo install has began.....after an hour swearing at rusty bolts, I finally got everything off. The damn EGR flange size, yeah good luck finding that size in any typical wrench set...the pipe wrench is my friend for today.

Quick Specs:
T25 Turbo .50 Trim w/ Internal Wastegate
Piping: 3" Maf to Inlet, Rest of piping 2"
Intercooler (36x8x3)Approx.
2.5" Downpipe
Pro-M 70MM Maf
Ford 32# Injectors

[Image: turbo_1.jpg]
[Image: turbo_4.jpg]
[Image: turbo_5.jpg]
[Image: turbo_2.jpg]
[Image: turbo_3.jpg]
[Image: turbo_6.jpg]
[Image: turbo_7.jpg]
[Image: turbo_8.jpg]
[Image: turbo_9.jpg]
[Image: turbo_10.jpg]
[Image: turbo_12.jpg]
[Image: turbo_13.jpg]
[Image: turbo_14.jpg]
[Image: turbo_15.jpg]

More pics gonna come soon, once I put on the new header, mount the turbo, intercooler and remaining piping....I really thought after 3 hours i'd be a little closer than I am now.
looks good man

where u get the piping from? I cant remember what size your were doing. was it t28?
good luck! thumbs up
haha .. was that your first time taking the EGR off? Oh man .. I remember my first .. I called Jay and was like ... "wtf is this"

Good luck on the install .. post more pics when you have them.
Looks good man. I cant wait to see it. I've been wanting to turbo ,ime but just curious to see one done.
Cool
awesome stuff man!! Look forward to seeing you at the shop for tuning!! :D
Looks good, keep us posted. I'll be joining you soon. ;)
manifold and turbo are at the shop for the adapter.. hopefully it'll mount without the turbo touching the block or anything.. is there an angle in yours.. does your adapter have a middle plate or is it straight and perpendicular (can you say that in english?) with the manifold.. if so, good. Hopefully i will have it this week so i will start this week-end.. spring is around the corner and this year i wanna be ready.. will get the turbo clocked too and probably get a hole/bung put in the oil pan with a plug

bringing the car wednesday for fitting and downpipe
sweet.
The major problem was the oil separator, which as shown has been modified to allow the actuator fit and work.

The same angle is kept as with the cat bracket, so yes the turbo is mounted on a slight angle to fit correctly.
hmmm you wouldn't have any close pictures of around that area would you.. im going after work to day so he4 can take measurements but im not sure how you do an angle on a "plate".. i mean both the manifold and the turbo mount on that same plate.. if the plate is flat.. hmmmm
Are you relocating the bat?
I'm not sure.. i was going to to place the intercooler near that area to have place for the piping but the turbo will as been clocked (he told me when i caleld this morning) and is pointing down (at the ground) .. so my intercooler might end up being right there.. with a lonnng straight pipe going from the back of the engine to the front wiht maybe a 45 bend to mount to intercooler..

the intercooler would be facing down but i would fix a roundish plate to it to add flow
its just if i dont' ill have a bend coming straight out of the compressor outlet to the intercooler, or i have to redo the endtanks of the intercooler, patch the old holes.. etc..etc..

*edit now that i look at the thread.. im thinking you were talking to hardcore hehehehe..
T minus 10 days till we do Flo's! :)
nice really? is he going down to TO ?

you guys have all the parts or will it be in different steps... or during the long week-end

can't wait to see all of em! it can only help to have a few people all in the same time frame.. lets make this our turbo problem thread for when all hell breaks loose
He's coming down for the weekend. :)

He's got a lot more "pre-fabbed" stuff then i had when I did mine so I'm sure it won't take too long.

Not to mention I have a heck of alot more tools now then I did back then. :)

we'll be sure to take lots of pics!
oh he does uh.. keeping it secret is he :P

yeah if i get my manifold back this week ill take pics of it.. and ill try taking pics of the piping and everything
The plate is perfectly flat itself. I'm hoping to keep stock battery placement, but I'll see once everything is in there....

My intercooler will be mounted in front of my rad just behind the fog lights...it seems like the easiest place to put it...
Pages: 1 2 3 4