FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Might Buy This..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
this eap svt..

he is located in montreal, qc..
price seems a bit high but this is the only thing i can find..

but what is needed to bring quebec car to ontario??
i will have to get ownership transfered at quebec licensing office, then bring car here for etest??

[Image: DSCF0439.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0442.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0443.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0445.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0446.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0448.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0449.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0450.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0452.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0453.jpg]
Etest & safety to get the transferred completed IIRC :unsure:

NefCanuck
My first question about this post is how high is high and what is the current mileage?
And what you will have to do is what everyone has to do.
Go to MofT and register the car, pay the taxes, get a certification here, get e-test here and done and done.
He imported the car from the US. Make sure all of his paperwork was and is in order before you buy to make sure he did this corretly.
for the mileage, you can see on the pic..it is around 135000km..
and he is asking 7500..

this is what i got from himm

Rust – Two small spots on the tailgate that have been touched up could be repaired better.

Body Damage – None that i know of except the front bumper is cracked and the usual stone chips. The car is a US import and was imported as a VGA – Rear bumper only was damaged and replaced as far as i was told and an inspection seemed to confirm this. Paint on the rear bumper does look a different shade in a certain light.

Cluster – Is indeed in MPH – 135000 is the conversion approximately

I have owned the car since December 2009 – I too was looking for a long time and finally found it. Plan was a long term keeper but im getting divorced so the car has to go. So really i don’t want to sell but it probably has to happen.

I mailed you some photos – Let me know if there is anything else

Modified – By the previous owner it has a different clutch and aluminium flywheel – K&N drop in filter – EBC brake pads and thats is i think.
I'm pretty sure VGA means Salvage so just a heads up. So yaa I'd say offer less alot less if your still interested. You might be better off importing something from the states urself
how much less should i offer??
yeah he was saying vga was reconstructed..
Pass........
HALF THAT If its got rust spots and the bumper paint is off and the hatch is debadged Which meand it was prob repainted aswell cause I wouldn't take SVT badges off It was prob in a serious rearender
ouch, pass then..
i will have to import from the states..
now back on internet for eap svt..
konafocuswrc,Mar 26 2010, 01:11 PM Wrote:ouch, pass then..
i will have to import from the states..
now back on internet for eap svt..
[right][snapback]303939[/snapback][/right]

Keep in mind if it dose have Salvage on the title, you may not be able to regiester the car in ontario, but then again in Quebec it's illegal to put a car that's been classed as a right off back on the roads in Quebec, as per their new laws. if your buying it for parts that's another story.
konafocuswrc,Mar 26 2010, 12:27 PM Wrote:for the mileage, you can see on the pic..it is around 135000km..
and he is asking 7500..

this is what i got from himm

Rust – Two small spots on the tailgate that have been touched up could be repaired better.

Body Damage – None that i know of except the front bumper is cracked and the usual stone chips.  The car is a US import and was imported as a VGA – Rear bumper only was damaged and replaced as far as i was told and an inspection seemed to confirm this.  Paint on the rear bumper does look a different shade in a certain light.

Cluster – Is indeed in MPH – 135000 is the conversion approximately

I have owned the car since December 2009 – I too was looking for a long time and finally found it.  Plan was a long term keeper but im getting divorced so the car has to go.  So really i don’t want to sell but it probably has to happen.

I mailed you some photos – Let me know if there is anything else

Modified – By the previous owner it has a different clutch and aluminium flywheel – K&N drop in filter – EBC brake pads and thats is i think.
[right][snapback]303930[/snapback][/right]

Wow , $7500 at 135000km , then I should offer you mine for $15000 at 72000km :D
lowest he can go is 7000...
lol thats high for a salvage car, I had no idea VGA meant salvage.

I'd say too your best to pass, yo unever know what you'll uncover once you start playing with it.
found 2 more orange svt in the states but don't know if i should buy it or just buy regular focus again..

i should've bought fatphocus's car..
A Google search for VGA resulted in

It stands for: Vehicule Gravement Accidente.
Translation= Badly Accidented Vehicle.

and

"Véhicule Gravement Accidenté" which roughly translates "vehicle in severe accident"
car didn't get involved in accident here in canada, car brought in with rear bumper damage and inspector in quebec wrote this car as a vga because of the rear end damage..

i will just get there and take a look at it..
test drive and sneak under the hood and ignition to see if this car deserve what he is asking for..
Your crazy. walk, no run away. First off, and I may be wrong, you cannot import a car to Canada from the US that has been written off and resell it here or even license it in Ontario if it has ever had salvage title. Only can bring it here and use it for parts.
If you werrie about bring a car in from the US, I can and will help. It's easy. And there are companies out there that will inspect a car for you.

Go get the EAP from the US.

I would.
could that be because it is quebec??
if i bring it to here ontario, then i might not be able to register here?
As meford said, find a nice clean EAP in the states. Prefer. the one without mods.
A couple of my friends brought the cars from US&A and they did say that it's easy. My next car will be definitly from down south and I will be doing this myself.

Milege is too freacking high on this car, some damage that you already know about and you still wanna waste your money by going up to french land and see it.

Forget about this car. And I swear you better not turn a nice looking EAP into gayed out sticker car :)
konafocuswrc,Mar 26 2010, 08:42 PM Wrote:found 2 more orange svt in the states but don't know if i should buy it or just buy regular focus again..

i should've bought fatphocus's car..
[right][snapback]303964[/snapback][/right]

I would go for an SVT or ST . But I like hatchback and I think the ST only comes sedan here .
Pages: 1 2