FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New To Site, Might Buy A Focus, ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Fuel consumption is all over the place I'll get anywhere from 275 to 550 per tank (till light comes on, about 40L?) depending on city/highway, cruise/no cruise, hot/cold drive it hard/soft. Some here will reply 600 even 700 per tank.

Surprisingly the more mods I did the better it got. Regardless it is not a big deal.

There have been fuel pump problems due to overheating. It is not a hard fast rule but try to keep tank at least 1/4 full. Not a big deal if you go till the light goes on but an "in general" thing.
I get on easily 400km a tank, that's mostly city. Highway only, 500km no problem. 610km is my record, full tank right up the fuel neck, good weather, cruise control.
That's on an '02 auto wagon, zetec.
and yes, 17's are a must.
[Image: 2004summerwgn.jpg]
welcome again to the board...and by the way...you'll love that wagon.....and now that you showed yours..j3rt..I'll think of trade in my SVT...after I fix my plates...mmmmmm..the wagon looks nice, also a baby will fit better in that than in the 3dr SVT....
He didn't mention it but he has removed the roof rack (fore & aft rails) you'll notice.
ya, no roof rack, it's in a buddies basement, along with the stock suspension.
There are definately days I wish it was manual. There are lots of days I wonder about an SVT engine swap, and why there is no Audi inspired body kits heck there are no body kits.
Loving the Car J3rt... Im thinking i should have gotten the Wagon too.
I've always like j3rt's car. If didn't have a wagon ('91 Subaru Loyale) already in 2000 I would have bought a Focus wagon for sure myself. When I sold the old wagon I replaced it with another. So damn useful in so many ways and circumstances.
"evanaube"
A hearty "Welcome !" and "Which ever way you slice it you'll
fall in love with the focus sooner or later!"
Good luck with finding the right focus for you!
i think the focus is a great car if you get one that is put together properly, but it seems like the chances of getting a very poorly put together example is fairly high

personally i'd try to look for an accord wagon, an AWD subaru, or a volvo turbo brick wagon

:hi: to the site.

Ignore Naz as he tends to have a love hate relationship with the Focus. Focus Wagons are really good, I have one as a rental at the moment while my Focus is in for repairs........

Gas is not so bad with the 5 speed. I will state finding a foci wagon with the 5 speed Zetec is hard to find, there are too many with auto trannys. If you are planning on modding it, I'm sure you can get a lot of suggestions here.

Again welcome to the site.
You guys are so darn hospitable!

I checked that site out someone posted with the VIN number and the only recall that came up was a corrosion problem on the rear latch.

Anything else I should look for?

What about oil changes?
Still the regular 5k, no fancy oem instructions?
Can you get the right stuff at canada trash?
and the Air Filter?

I do my own changes, on my girlfriend's car too, so would help to know I guess.

Oh and before I forget, J3RT (sp?, sorry), that's a nice lookin car. One of the things I like most about you guys is that nobody's told me to get a diesel, which would be the standard reply on a vw site...

Thanks again!

If you're not into performance mods, the K+N drop-in replacement filter is good for at least 1MPG city / highway, and lasts for quite some time. Ditch that paper POS filter as soon as possible.

Oil's 5W20, regular 5k for normal driving habits... but I let the dealer do mine since all costs come in under $30.00.

The sedan's very easy on brakes if you drive it right, and I would extend that analysis to the wagon as they're quite close in dimensions. The suspension could use struts that are a tad firmer, same for the springs, but you'll find the handling is quite enjoyable. On stock 14s :o I take most on-ramps at double the posted speed without tire squeal or excess body roll.

The Zetec has a raft of available performance and dress-up upgrades available to it, and if you choose to go down the path of mods... you won't be disappointed.

As for WHICH mods, I'll defer to the majority of members here who actually have the Zetec :P

Again, welcome! :hi:
Hey, welcome to the site! I have an SVT but I've always liked how the wagon guys have done up their rides. I had an '02 ZX3 before this one and no issues at all. They are great cars as far as I'm concerned. I hope you are able to get into that wagon and join us for some meets! No matter what type of mod you're looking for we can all direct you to the right places.

Conrgrats.

-Carey
A rabbit??? Where you on vortex before?

Welcome to the board might I add... *thumbsup*
tdot-zx3,Mar 8 2005, 02: Wrote:A rabbit??? Where you on vortex before?

Welcome to the board might I add... *thumbsup*
[right][snapback]92212[/snapback][/right]

yah i was on the "tex"...still am for the time being. trying to part my car out to tirekickers isn't easy though.

thanks for the welcome note.
I'm beginning to think about a non-wagen hatchback...anyone know of a 4 door for around the same price with pwr w/dl/m, ac, cd, and 5spd?

if not, what would be the ins difference between a wagen and a zx3?
evanaube,Mar 8 2005, 04:48 PM Wrote:...what would be the ins difference between a wagen and a zx3?
[right][snapback]92245[/snapback][/right]

nevermind, the ins. will be too much for the 3.
Evan you ever deal with "rabbitdan" aka .. Me ..

I delt with another rabbit guy whos name was evan on there a couple times. Could be a small world... but might not be.
Frost__2001,Mar 8 2005, 06:33 AM Wrote:Ignore Naz as he tends to have a love hate relationship with the Focus.
[right][snapback]92130[/snapback][/right]

translation.. naz loves his MaDD TiTe honda and hates that got a focus

:P

kidding aside.. i had a lot of fun owning a focus.. i think if i had started out buying it used on the cheap instead of buying it new and eating a ton of depreciation and getting the hassles normally associated with a cheap/old used car.. i'd really be in love with the focus

the interior trim in the 13yr old honda i'm driving right now is still securely in place, but the trim in my focus had issues since the 1st day of ownership.. and that same 13yr old honda with 140,000+ miles hasn't stranded anyone yet (knock on wood) but the 3yr old focus with less than 60,000+ miles left me stuck in the cold..stuff like that kind of got to me..

that's the 'ugly' that everyone jumps all over me for mentioning..
I have a 2003 5 door hatch back that you could take off my hands, its a lease though so all you have to do is sign the release papers.

The payments are 373 a month
Pages: 1 2 3