FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Think I'm Done!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well guys it's been a great 4 years moding this focus but I think that after doing a couple shows this upcoming summer that it will be all for me. I'm not saying I'm going to get another car. I just think I'm done with the whole moding the focus scene. I'm almost 99% sure that at the end of the summer almost everything will be coming off of my car. I'm just not into driving an attention getter anymore. Especially when I see how much work I've put into this thing and it only looks slightly different than stock. It's been fun don't get me wrong but it's time for me to cut my losses.

01-yellow-ZX3

I hear ya dude.
Sorry to here that She's one sweet "Twilite ride!"
Well my twilite iz still a borring stock babe.
Tell me your not going back to complete and utter stock!
that sucks to here man.

i guess some you gotta put a stop somewhere and move on. I admit it is really hard to enjoy other hobbies and sport when a car is your hobby since its so dam expensive.

you will be back ;) trust me. once the mod bug touches you your done. It owns you lol.
Nah man, I totally agree with you. I was driving my car a while back, and noticed the looks I was getting. I remeber there was a point in time where I loved the attention. Now, I just don't know anymore. I see the money I dumped into my car and all the other things I sacrificed to get my car to look like this. I wonder was it worth it? If the attention and personal satisfaction isn't enough, I guess I have just out grown this hobby.

Bah, I am saying all this as I stare at more focus parts I can't afford.

I suppose part of this is coming from the fact that I see cars that just WAY beyond mine. That to win at this hobby of ours you need to have endless pockets which I just don't have. I can't keep up and win. And if I can't win I don't wanna do it.
For myself if I can dress the car up without
over the top modifications I'll be satisfied.
Nice rims n' rubber, tint, K&N ,RS spoiler,lower it,maybe mod the head lights and catback system. Maybe?
It's all part of growing up. You go through many phases in life, priorities change, you discover new interests, develop new passions. No sense pursuing anything if your heart isn't into it.
It's been good yakkin with you, man. You've got a sweet ride, but if life calls you elsewhere... go. :)
Well Im 26 Now, Ive spend tons of money on a few cars,
My Last car was a Civic i dumped 12,500$ into it...

ALot of people asked me was it worth it, Well Id say yes.
After you beat your first Iroc, Mustang Ect... You realize you spent alot of money and it shows.

From that Civic, I got back into Paintball...
Ive spent thousands on the Sport.
Now the Bug has hit me again with the Focus.

This time Im not going nuts, At least thats what i tell my Wife.

If you are truly done with the Focus... Good luck on your next hobbie, Cause they all leeds to Cars :lol: So we will see you back in the Future.
thats alright.. put it back to stock.. and then modifiy everything else that doesn't show ;) with the money you made selling everything
why are you guys doin up your cars for attention?

I thought you didnt want to do that.....lol...

Sometimes I feel ya Mike, but then I go outside, look at her, sit in her, start her up, listen to the Borla pass 4000Rpm, and it still gives me goosebumps. Then I drive it. I've been in many cars....sport cars, boats, AWD turbocharged Subies, and I still cant find something that compares on dry pavement. Then it all comes back to me why I spend this kind of money on my car and why Im keeping it.

I dont know, I personalise my car for that exact reason, personalisation (is that a word :lol: ) not because some dood thinks my car is toight. I could care less what people think of my car, one of the reasons why I bought the damn thing in the first place!
Sounds like the kids are growing up.

It almost brings a tear to my eye. :lol:
I know the feeling man, I'm planning to sell my focus either this spring (not as likely) or next spring (2006) depending on my police recruitment process. Planning to upgrade and get out of the modding scene. I'm 28 right now, getting sick of these retarded little boys trying to race me all the time in their fartcan modded shitboxes. Either way, it was fun, still is somewhat but being realistic, the focus isn't a long term type of car.
I say if you do go back to stock to throw on a turbo :D

That well make ppl look. After you fly right past them :D

01-yellow-ZX3

Flofocus,Mar 1 2005, 07:39 AM Wrote:why are you guys doin up your cars for attention?

I thought you didnt want to do that.....lol...

Sometimes I feel ya Mike, but then I go outside, look at her, sit in her, start her up, listen to the Borla pass 4000Rpm, and it still gives me goosebumps.  Then I drive it.  I've been in many cars....sport cars, boats, AWD turbocharged Subies, and I still cant find something that compares on dry pavement.  Then it all comes back to me why I spend this kind of money on my car and why Im keeping it.

I dont know, I personalise my car for that exact reason, personalisation (is that a word  :lol: ) not because some dood thinks my car is toight.  I could care less what people think of my car, one of the reasons why I bought the damn thing in the first place!
[right][snapback]90429[/snapback][/right]

Thats the funny thing, I don't even like it when people look at me, yet I drive a yellow modded car. lol
Malby, even though you think your car does not look like much is done to it, to us, We can tell you put a lot of hard work into it and it looks really good. Everything from bodykit, interior, even your Sound system looks Pro.
I also think some of you are getting old. Seriously.

When I'm Andrew's, Meford's, dad's, bluetoys, etc age I hope Im still into the scene as much as they are now. I've made some great friends and have had great experiences, both bad and good, lessons.....up the wingyang. I would have never learned so much about car's if I didnt get into customizing them. I mean, I can now do my own brake changes, exhaust swaps, suspension mods, etc. A lot of valuable skills I think, especially when your all about saving $$ on labour and such.

And I know what Im talking about when I walk into the Ford Service department now. :lol:
I've completly demoded my car, the plan for me is to appear stock, but produce some substancial power to at least raise a few eyebrows when they try and wonder what hit them...

Honestly for those of us trading in our cars, its not a pretty picture. Not a pretty picture at all! I think for many the focus is a long term car because your not getting anything for it in a trade in.....especially if your above 100k's....

Turbo with stock suspension and tires = bad idea (especially for me)

Honestly man anyone who knows me sees me all over the place and knows it's me from my car. I can't count how many times I've been asked if my car is an SVT or some special edition. My family loves it and even my dad with his vette and M3 likes taking it for a spin. He defines it as a fun car to drive with usuable power at any point in the ride.

This summer I'm gonna take it to the track to see what it can actually do and then I'll enter a few shows. This summer will be it's time to shine and then next fall you guys will be getting my parts. Also anyone considering to get a kickass system that clear and loud at the same time, just wait a bit.

Now I gotta move on with life. I've learned a stupid amount of info from you guys and I appreciate it. I learned so much about cars on here despite the stupid threads. Scoobasteve for audio, T-dot for any stupid little thing about this car, Flofocus for making my new grill, and the rest of you guys for suggesting s**t to me. I'll still hang around with the stock focus, but I think in the next two years I will be moving up to something more substantial. Something that I don't have to mod and it still looks sweet. Hopefully something like a G35 coupe, BMW 325Ci, or Mazda RX8. But who knows what the future entails.
Sheds a tear..........Well it was bound to happen someday. The fuktard actually got it. The meaning of life. Stop wasting your money. Now if only I could get it.

Move on to bigger and better things. Enjoy.
Pages: 1 2