FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Crazy Temp! Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ok, I noticed on Thursday morning on my way to school that my yellow ! light had come on. Now it occured when I got to a stop light and when I started to drive again it turned off. I passed it off as a glitch and drove to school keeping an eye on it and no more lights

My mom drove the car later that night she said the light popped on and off twice but didn't pay any attention to when.

This morning, same drive to school the light popped on and turned off again, same deal, came on while I stopped at a light, then turned off as I drove away, but I noticed the temperature gauge on the left (the smallest circle on our speedo pannel) was ALL the way over to the right!!!! Now that sorta freaked me out.

It usually sits straight up, but it was ALL the way over towards the right!!! What could have caused this? Please help.
did you check your coolant level ?
I thought the (!) light was for the airbags.

Have you skrewed up the sensors in your seats while putting in your racing seats? There may be a bad connection.

As for the temp guage....

I would think that was a sign of an overheating engine.

I think you're car need a nice long trip to the dealer to have all these bugs worked out. And I'll best dollars to a plate of beef chow mein your problems have stemmed from your little fire last week.
Tony man....something isnt right here. Id bring it back or just keep driving it until it starts on fire again. Sounds like its about to happen!!

They just 'fixed' it, didnt they? I would be on the phone with them right now, especially since they denied your warranty claims cuz of a heat shield.. :rolleyes:
Thats the 'RICE' sensor....no need for panic!!
Flofocus,Feb 11 2005, 10:47 AM Wrote:Tony man....something isnt right here.  Id bring it back or just keep driving it until it starts on fire again.  Sounds like its about to happen!!

They just 'fixed' it, didnt they?  I would be on the phone with them right now, especially since they denied your warranty claims cuz of a heat shield.. :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]85298[/snapback][/right]

Yeah dood.

I would be burning up the phone lines too man.

Take it to FOC and explain to them that there are more problems with your car now that when the fire happened.
^ exactly
[Image: B00005RRG4.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg]

You know the drill Tony.
oh the (!) light... i thought that meant major powertrain/pcm failure or something along those lines
scoobasteve,Feb 11 2005, 11:51 AM Wrote:oh  the  (!) light... i thought that meant major powertrain/pcm failure or something along those lines
[right][snapback]85331[/snapback][/right]

If that's the case... than the light should say "YOU'RE f**ked"
ANTHONYD,Feb 11 2005, 12:12 PM Wrote:
scoobasteve,Feb 11 2005, 11:51 AM Wrote:oh  the  (!) light... i thought that meant major powertrain/pcm failure or something along those lines
[right][snapback]85331[/snapback][/right]

If that's the case... than the light should say "YOU'RE f**ked"
[right][snapback]85338[/snapback][/right]

Somebody should make new guagues and replace that indicator with that^^ cutout. haha. Or 'BEND OVER'. :lol:
or "cha-ching"
its probobly just a loose hose and the fluid is low. The reason the light comes of when you drive is because the engine cools down and when you stop for a long period of time its gets real hot. Bring it in anyways your cars still under warrenty.
i got that light once when i didn't clamp the battery terminals tightly enough.. hopefully it will be as simple as that for you.

if you've got coolant, the terminals are on tight, don't see any loose wires/connectors/grounds, nothings leaking.. maybe see if the radiator fan is coming on.. water pump maybe? thermostat? plug wires in tight? hopefully its something small like that

maybe drive around see if its any specific condition that triggers the light..

good luck man

ANTHONYD,Feb 11 2005, 09:29 AM Wrote:I thought the (!) light was for the airbags.

Have you skrewed up the sensors in your seats while putting in your racing seats? There may be a bad connection.

As for the temp guage....

I would think that was a sign of an overheating engine.

I think you're car need a nice long trip to the dealer to have all these bugs worked out. And I'll best dollars to a plate of beef chow mein your problems have stemmed from your little fire last week.
[right][snapback]85292[/snapback][/right]

from what i read in the manual, the (!) has to do with coolant.. or heat.. it doesnt really say much other than "bring it to the dealer so we can charge you to look at it"

I read it caus i had that light when my "ground" wasn't properly mounted.. that wasn't my problem but maybe for him, it is
So thats the million dollar question guys

is the light related to the overheating?

or are they two seperate issues?
The 2001 Focus Owner's Manual says it is. But, as we all know, that's not always the case.
If its just the light coming on, then i'd say you probabaly got some snow over the sensor or sumthing, happened to me when i was playing around in the snow. But if you say the temp guage is all the way to the red line, you better pull over to the side of the road, turn the car off and let that temp go down a bit before driving again. Its most likely your coolant leaking. But if the guage does reach all the way to the right, your vents should start blowing steam into the car rather than air.
Could be as simple as your fan not turning for whatever reason (fuse, loose wire........)

That would explain intermitancy (stop= hot = light, go = air = cool = no light)

EDIT: water pump?????
Could it be a lack of oil in my car? I think my oil was running low after a lot of it leaked out an ignited...
Pages: 1 2