FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Need Help. Boost Is Coming :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So I ended up getting a really nice price for a Pro Charger kit with 42lb injectors and free shipping. Kit will do 209whp and 180tourqe on stock zetec at 10psi. I do plan on going fo rmore since this c-1 blower can take up to 24psi and 670hp :) tis why Im also looking for an extra zetec engine.

Any way gotta fill out the form for the new ecu and I cant find this info

Gear Ratio:

Mass Air Meter:

What do I put in there? I hope some one can help. The ecm code is right outside of the ecu box right?
ZX3TUNR,Feb 8 2005, 10:28 PM Wrote:So I ended up getting a really nice price for a Pro Charger kit with 42lb injectors and free shipping. Kit will do 209whp and 180tourqe on stock zetec at 10psi. I do plan on going fo rmore since this c-1 blower can take up to 24psi and 670hp :) tis why Im also looking for an extra zetec engine.

Any way gotta fill out the form for the new ecu and I cant find this info

Gear Ratio:

Mass Air Meter:

What do I put in there? I hope some one can help. The ecm code is right outside of the ecu box right?
[right][snapback]84508[/snapback][/right]
1 word of advice....a basic tune/computer flash from blower company's have always been brutal but it is your choice. Sometimes you can remove that option to make the kit cheaper and have it dyno tuned in person so it is not a "generic" tune.

For Gear Ratio just put "Stock" and for Mass Air Meter just put "Stock" unless switching to something bigger. Keep an eye on the maf, it will come close to pegging. At 200whp on the JR SVT I just did, the MAF was not far off from pegging.

I would upgrade now, so you if you do find out it is pegging you will not need a retune.

**Edit**

Just saw you do not have an SVT Focus....a SVT Focus MAF will peg around 210whp....at 200rwhp it is roughly around 4.8v (max is 5). I would use a lightning meter or a mustang meter to be safe. The SVT meter SHOULD work fine.

Don't forget a colder spark plug, or at least reduce the gap to about .030 on the stockers

Other items, make sure the IAT Sensor is AFTER the blower unless for same strange reason the tune is setup with it reading before.
My first suggestion would be that you will change your mass air flow sensor over to an SVT.My old man knowledge escapes me at the moment, but you do own a ZX3, right? After DP problems with the pro air, don't bring it up, it's a touchy $700 mistake, he switched to the SVT mass air flow without any problems. So we followed his lead and are doing the same to get the RPM numbers up around 7200 instead of the 5500 they now sit at.

the MAF was not far off from pegging.
ie............the switch to SVT.
3.82 axle ratio, Jay. Still working on the MAF... what do you need, inlet size?
Thanks guy. I was figuring I just put in stock.

I going to use the supplied ecu for now then this summer i am taking it back to the shop to get a re tune.
what is the inlet size on the stock maf.

also what #'s am i looking for to get the ecm code?
jay, have you thought about a limited slip diff?
ZX3TUNR,Feb 8 2005, 11:22 PM Wrote:what is the inlet size on the stock maf.

also what #'s am i looking for to get the ecm code?
[right][snapback]84523[/snapback][/right]
I think the stock MAF is 65mm or 70mm. Just say STOCK

The look at the ECU, remove the glove box and it is on the right fender on the inside. It is a 4digit code like (RLA6)...3 letters and one number
whats the price on that kit?
Flofocus,Feb 8 2005, 11:34 PM Wrote:whats the price on that kit?
[right][snapback]84527[/snapback][/right]
We are a procharger dealer/***COUGH**

I don't think anyone will be able to touch our prices on this..they have not for trucks and mustangs.

call the shop for a price
hope you have a big wad of cash kicking around for the random stuff that will go wrong

good luck.. take lots of pics and share with us!
and his mind changes again. lol, I thought you were gonna go with mitch and the cosworth sc?
Cost was $4200CDN for a satin kit. No point doing polish since the intercooler and blower sit so low and no one will see them. Free shipping.

This kit was featured is latest issue of Focus Fanatic. Like the Power Works this is another full bolt on kit. Every detail made to exact fit. No shortcuts.

As for plans I just going to run the kit out of the box. Then some future plans that come to mind. Build internals, build up the tranny, and pump up boost :) custom FMIC and a custom tune with tb, cams, cam gears.

As for reason why I chose this kit is. I got to see a kit up in person and that takes a huge effect. Being able to see it and touch it can make any ones mind change. Price is better then the PowerWorks and Im still given room for upgrades. Alot of hot rod guys here swear by Pro Charger kits and thats another reason why. Plus I have dealors close by if anything happens. Im hoping Mitch wont be to mad at me LOL
Nice the code is also located on the passenger side door jamb, close to the firewall, near the top hinge if you still have that sticker on.
ZX3TUNR,Feb 9 2005, 12:52 AM Wrote:Cost was $4200CDN for a satin kit. .......

This kit was featured is latest issue of Focus Fanatic. Like the Power Works this is another full bolt on kit. Every detail made to exact fit. No shortcuts.

As for plans I just going to run the kit out of the box. Then some future plans that come to mind. Build internals, build up the tranny, and pump up boost :) custom FMIC and a custom tune with tb, cams, cam gears.

....... Alot of hot rod guys here swear by Pro Charger kits and thats another reason why. .........
[right][snapback]84542[/snapback][/right]

I don't want to sound like a Killjoy and sincerely wish you the best of luck.

I do have to ask: Have you ever driven something like a WRX/STi or a Mustang V-8 or a new Hemi or whatever it is that floats your boat deep down? What are you trying to "create" because chances are someone builds it now and for less? I like the Focus too but really........

What you are proposing seems very experimentational and over the years 'old school' Mustang shops/skills/advice/word of mouth have all seemed to have a lot of trouble with the Focus as they made too many assumptions?

I'm not even questioning the sum of money as I will be writing a similar check to Prodrive next year for a WRX Stage 3 kit myself.

Even though there are lots of more "bang for the buck kits" out there I will spend "more" initially because I know Prodrive is well........Prodrive. The same Prodrive with years and years of experience with my motor and full access to the builders skill base in that they don't ever have to "figure stuff out" on their own because they are getting full co-operation from the entire design/build team.

You've chosen your path, I'll just say good luck and be cautious. For reasons I will never know you like your Focus more than any sane person should but be mentally prepaired for a disaster. Being so prepaired applies to anyone who does any mod no matter how minor BTW, I'm not picking on anyone.

LOL Thanks.

We will have to find out. If all else fails I just buy another zetec engine and rebuild the crapped out one. No big deal.

Im not sure how long I want to run the included ECU for. The sooner I get a custom chip done the better. I will see when I goto BC this summer.

I doubt this is going to be the 1st and only kit I will ever do. Its a learning experience. I got many years a head.
You have such an open outlook on life Jay. You have this "if it goes wrong I'll throw money at it" attitude. Do you look beyond your focus years? Ever think of saving for something that will actually grant you a return in life other than a cheap thrill of driving fast? Don't get me wrong man, I went through a phase like you, I had access to lots of money spent it on this and that and now when I look back on it, I wish I hadn't. But i had someone (sorta like what I am doing now) saying "hey what are your priorities?"

Don't get me wrong man, I know this is your passion, and you love your car. I love mine too. Even though it caught fire. But in the grand scheme of things, what are you going to be doing 5 years down the road? 10? The 2000, or 4000 or 10,000 you dump into your car now, that would go a long way towards other things in life. More permenant things. Just my 2 cents. I'm sure you are going to say you got lots saved in the bank and such so go ahead, but with money, its never good to have such a cavalier attitude towards it. Thats why people do things once, and do it right. There is no excuse for blowing up your engine. Do it once, do it right.
Actually i dont have any in the bank. Everything goes to the car. Right now Im just doing by job, making what I need and having fun.

I made a final decision in 2 years once the focus is paid off to go back to school. Get my course then start a career. I will have the focus. Ride it into the ground then move on from there. like getting a house and such. By then I should be able to get a sweet mortgage loan. Bad enough Im allready getting banks sending me brochures on taking mortgage loans. Once day when Im ready.

Till then im going to make blowing up engines a hobby LOL. j/k I mean learning.

01-yellow-ZX3

We've already tried talking him into spending money on better things. Or better yet saving money. Lol but thats just Jason for ya, his money, his plans to spend it are all up to him.

Edit: Jason, wouldn't putting your education before your car be a better idea? You should probably start thinking about banking some money for that now, and not wait 2 years. If you think a car is expensive, just wait til you move out on your own and start paying for school. :o
^^

Realized that 2 years ago when I started school. Having money is great but when you start to realize that your making peanuts and when your out of school and could do much better you start seeing the whole picture clearly. Conserve now and get by and then when your out of school and making more money you have sooooo much to play with that you start being worry free, which leads you spend it on things that are hobbies.

I was always like "bah I have enough I don't need to worry about it," but then after my buddy that worked with me left and did a 2 year apprenteship for tool and die, finished and now makes 35 an hour start..........I kinda woke up after he moved out and called me to look at cars. Lets just say he wasn't looking at focus's.

I don't know what your situation is but if you are reading what I just posted and it sounds familiar....just think about things twice.........if it doesn't apply to you then well maybe someone else will like my post.

Edit: Man I took 2 years off from school do you know how hard it is to remember s**t that you havent used or learned 2 years ago or more, its pure hell knowing that you learned that s**t and some kid thats 3 or 4 years younger then you says he learned that last year and it like water to him. Plus when I went back they changed the school system and the crap that the kids learned in highschool is crap that I never learned. The college just builds off of what they learned in highschool which pretty much destroyed me in the first year. I went from business to computer science, business was kinda easy but computer science is kickin my ass. One example is the math we are tought is nothing I had ever seen but the kids in my class have no problem with it because the have been introduced to it in highschool.
Pages: 1 2 3 4