FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: April 19th Mosport Ddt Lapping Event
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone going tomorrow to Mosport for viewing or lapping?
I'm trying to get myself on the back up list as all the sports are taken at this point.
Event is from 1pm-5pm
Eitherway I'll be there to watch my buddies having fun :huh:
I planned on going to lap tomorrow , but it's the Orthodox Easter for me so I'll just have to wait until May 3rd :( - it's going to be at Dunnville
Gabriel,Apr 18 2009, 01:58 PM Wrote:I planned on going to lap tomorrow , but it's the Orthodox Easter for me so I'll just have to wait until May 3rd  :(  - it's going to be at Dunnville
[right][snapback]285272[/snapback][/right]

It's my Easter tomorrow as well.....Are we suppose to stay in?
I know but I got to go to a party as well , trust me , I wish i could
Gabriel,Apr 18 2009, 02:42 PM Wrote:I know but I got to go to a party as well , trust me , I wish i could
[right][snapback]285277[/snapback][/right]
Did you already tell them that you're not comming?
I wouldn't mind taking your spot :D
No , I didn't actually sign up (pay in advance ) , but if you go there , look for Kevin ,tell him Gabriel sent you , you should be able to pay there cash if you want to go on track
or would you prefer to have his phone # ?
Gabriel,Apr 18 2009, 03:06 PM Wrote:No , I didn't actually sign up (pay in advance ) , but if you go there , look for Kevin ,tell him Gabriel sent you , you should be able to pay there cash if you want to go on track
[right][snapback]285282[/snapback][/right]

I tried calling him 3 times today. Sent him PM on subaru site, sent him email. Nothing back yet.

Do I need to know your last name by any chance?
thanks

EDIT: this is the number i called : 416-564-9999
No , I don't think he would remember it anyway , Just Gabriel should be fine and mention the blue Ford Focus . I was the only one with Ford Focus , others had mostly japanese or german cars...
yes , that's his number , he doesn't always answer , but leave him a message
Yep left a messege a while ago.

From your video I saw the new GTR. How did it do on the track?
NikiterZTS,Apr 18 2009, 04:27 PM Wrote:Yep left a messege a while ago.

From your video I saw the new GTR. How did it do on the track?
[right][snapback]285288[/snapback][/right]
well it's fast , alot of power and AWD so it kinda beat everyone , I would say it was the car , not the driver
if you go tomorrow have some fun for me too...
check out this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6Y2aexChGs,
toward the end , this Acura Integra Type R catch up with me ,chased me for a while ,the finally was faster than me so I let him by...but what this film doesn't show is that I started chasing him and he spun out on a tight right turn
Gabriel,Apr 18 2009, 03:47 PM Wrote:if you go tomorrow have some fun for me too...
check out this video  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6Y2aexChGs,
toward the end  , this Acura Integra Type R catch up with me  ,chased me for a while ,the finally was faster than me so I let him by...but what this film doesn't show is that I started chasing him and he spun out on a tight right turn
[right][snapback]285290[/snapback][/right]

Very nice vid.
Believe it or not but a true Type R Integra(Honda) IS the best handeling FWD car.

At 6:10 I believe thats my buddy Jimmy in his black '07 STi with black BBS rims.
NikiterZTS,Apr 18 2009, 05:27 PM Wrote:
Gabriel,Apr 18 2009, 03:47 PM Wrote:if you go tomorrow have some fun for me too...
check out this video  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6Y2aexChGs,
toward the end  , this Acura Integra Type R catch up with me  ,chased me for a while ,the finally was faster than me so I let him by...but what this film doesn't show is that I started chasing him and he spun out on a tight right turn
[right][snapback]285290[/snapback][/right]

Very nice vid.
Believe it or not but a true Type R Integra(Honda) IS the best handeling FWD car.

At 6:10 I believe thats my buddy Jimmy in his black '07 STi with black BBS rims.
[right][snapback]285292[/snapback][/right]
Glad you like it , I honestly like the Integra type R , I know they're great cars , I moved over because I respect someone faster ( not that I consider myself fast) , no sense keeping him . Respecting the rules is very important if you don't want to be kicked off the track , or worse , to go home on the tow truck . As for the black Subaru , that kicks ass
His winter mod
[Image: Jimmy_sti1.jpg]

His summer mod
[Image: Jimmy_sti2.jpg]
nice , very nice, I drove STI before and then going back to a Focus SVT it's like riding a mustang and then riding a pony ...
but there is a saying...the best car is the one that you can afford , so to me , my blue pony is the best car :D
BTW , how was it at the track ?
Oh man....I never had so much legal fun.
One thing I have to say is Thank you Gabriel. Mentioning your name to Kevin was the main to get me in when list was full. He still remembers you and asked me if you're gonna come down all the way from Barrie.

Over all I kept up on the track pretty good. Have to work out my suspension set up. Gotta install my coilovers and and play around with my adjustable swaybars (front & back). Still have to flush my brake fluid to Ate Superblue.
One of the instructors asked me if he can roll with me for a couple laps, I was more then welcome for him to come by. He gave me good points.

Also new Si's with some suspension upgrade is a killer track car. Kept up very good with my WRX.

Will post photos later.

Thanks again G.
Pics from my gf's camera.....still waiting on DSLR from my buddy's good camera

[Image: Picture003.jpg]
[Image: Picture002.jpg]
[Image: Picture004.jpg]
[Image: Picture005.jpg]
Me with instructor
[Image: Picture006.jpg]
[Image: Picture015.jpg]
[Image: Picture016.jpg]
[Image: Picture017.jpg]