FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Need New Battery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well i guess as the topic says

I need a battery for the Focus
it didn't start with remote starter, but i was lucky enough to have it started manually, i knew this was coming i was just too lazy to do anything about it

so the question would be where would you buy a cheap battery?

i know walmart has them for cheap but i was told to stay away from those
Costco has some good ones and i might just go and get it from them, any other place that you guys might know?

Thanks MO
mo_focus,Dec 20 2004, 09:27 AM Wrote:Well i guess as the topic says

I need a battery for the Focus
it didn't start with remote starter, but i was lucky enough to have it started manually, i knew this was coming i was just too lazy to do anything about it

so the question would be where would you buy a cheap battery?

i know walmart has them for cheap but i was told to stay away from those
Costco has some good ones and i might just go and get it from them, any other place that you guys might know?

Thanks MO
[right][snapback]75549[/snapback][/right]

Crappy Tire - Eliminator series. Nuff said. Never seen a car NOT start that wasn't running on gel for oil with an Eliminator.
There is not much play in wires leading to the battery. Make sure you get one that is the right size.
The eliminator doesnt come in the focus size. the motormaster 72 does though,.
scoobasteve,Dec 20 2004, 02:34 PM Wrote:The eliminator doesnt come in the focus size. the motormaster 72 does though,.
[right][snapback]75571[/snapback][/right]

Crap, i dont like the 72's
you could always wedge in a 34-78 eliminator..... but the battery cables probably wont reach.
scoobasteve,Dec 20 2004, 03:37 PM Wrote:you could always wedge in a 34-78 eliminator..... but the battery cables probably wont reach.
[right][snapback]75584[/snapback][/right]
10-7584-4 wouldnt this be better?
since our batteries are 9X7X6.5
its the 7584 the 1000cca eliminator i havent worked there for a while. so i cant remember the exact sizes.

nevertheless. i haven't heard of people using the 75 series batteries. but the 34- series seems to be a bit more common.
If you want you can always make your own battery tray...........

that's what i did to fit my yellow top in.

$10 bucks @ crappy tire for a universal tray (metal with rubber coating)

there's three bolts that hold your stock tray in, 2 in the frame and 1 in the tranny brace. i just drilled two holes in the bottom of the tray and one in the side and took a piece of aluminum and lined it up with the hole in the tranny brace and bolted it all together.

it gave me enuff clearance for the optima and enuff slack for the cables
Ya I tried a shitload of batteries and the Motomaster 72 was the only one that would fit. Hey if you kill it within 3 years you get a new one for free.
MAlby7,Dec 20 2004, 11:38 PM Wrote:Ya I tried a shitload of batteries and the Motomaster 72 was the only one that would fit.  Hey if you kill it within 3 years you get a new one for free.
[right][snapback]75663[/snapback][/right]

haha, actually its two years now, the eliminator is 3
i like the fact it comes with road side assistance as well for 2 years

I had an interstate battery in my old Sunbird......

that battery rocked.
A buddy i went to college with worked at crappy and he liked the 72's alot better then the eliminator's, he told me they had alot of trouble with them but the 72's are tuff as nails. We have a 72 in the car here, it rocks. I seen some people with eliminator's and never have trouble with them.