Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need New Battery
Well i guess as the topic says

I need a battery for the Focus
it didn't start with remote starter, but i was lucky enough to have it started manually, i knew this was coming i was just too lazy to do anything about it

so the question would be where would you buy a cheap battery?

i know walmart has them for cheap but i was told to stay away from those
Costco has some good ones and i might just go and get it from them, any other place that you guys might know?

Thanks MO
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

mo_focus,Dec 20 2004, 09:27 AM Wrote:Well i guess as the topic says

I need a battery for the Focus
it didn't start with remote starter, but i was lucky enough to have it started manually, i knew this was coming i was just too lazy to do anything about it

so the question would be where would you buy a cheap battery?

i know walmart has them for cheap but i was told to stay away from those
Costco has some good ones and i might just go and get it from them, any other place that you guys might know?

Thanks MO
[right][snapback]75549[/snapback][/right]

Crappy Tire - Eliminator series. Nuff said. Never seen a car NOT start that wasn't running on gel for oil with an Eliminator.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
There is not much play in wires leading to the battery. Make sure you get one that is the right size.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
The eliminator doesnt come in the focus size. the motormaster 72 does though,.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Dec 20 2004, 02:34 PM Wrote:The eliminator doesnt come in the focus size. the motormaster 72 does though,.
[right][snapback]75571[/snapback][/right]

Crap, i dont like the 72's
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold

you could always wedge in a 34-78 eliminator..... but the battery cables probably wont reach.
05 Altima SE-R
scoobasteve,Dec 20 2004, 03:37 PM Wrote:you could always wedge in a 34-78 eliminator..... but the battery cables probably wont reach.
[right][snapback]75584[/snapback][/right]
10-7584-4 wouldnt this be better?
since our batteries are 9X7X6.5
--Henry Ford

01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold

its the 7584 the 1000cca eliminator i havent worked there for a while. so i cant remember the exact sizes.

nevertheless. i haven't heard of people using the 75 series batteries. but the 34- series seems to be a bit more common.
05 Altima SE-R
If you want you can always make your own battery tray...........

that's what i did to fit my yellow top in.

$10 bucks @ crappy tire for a universal tray (metal with rubber coating)

there's three bolts that hold your stock tray in, 2 in the frame and 1 in the tranny brace. i just drilled two holes in the bottom of the tray and one in the side and took a piece of aluminum and lined it up with the hole in the tranny brace and bolted it all together.

it gave me enuff clearance for the optima and enuff slack for the cables
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
Ya I tried a shitload of batteries and the Motomaster 72 was the only one that would fit. Hey if you kill it within 3 years you get a new one for free.
MAlby7,Dec 20 2004, 11:38 PM Wrote:Ya I tried a shitload of batteries and the Motomaster 72 was the only one that would fit.  Hey if you kill it within 3 years you get a new one for free.
[right][snapback]75663[/snapback][/right]

haha, actually its two years now, the eliminator is 3
i like the fact it comes with road side assistance as well for 2 years

--Henry Ford

01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold

I had an interstate battery in my old Sunbird......

that battery rocked.
A buddy i went to college with worked at crappy and he liked the 72's alot better then the eliminator's, he told me they had alot of trouble with them but the 72's are tuff as nails. We have a 72 in the car here, it rocks. I seen some people with eliminator's and never have trouble with them.
My Mom Says I'm Special