FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Had The Car In For An Oil Change Last Week.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
And turns out the guy comes out to me to point out that either my head gasket or cylender head is leaking. He said there is a small trail of oil down the side of the engine and it looked like the head gasket was leaking.

I called Ford on this situation yesterday and was informed that it was covered under the powertrain warrantee.

My question is this.....

I'm a little scared about having these guys take the head off of my engine. I have these terrible thoughts that once they disturb this motor, everything is going to go for a s**t. I was wondering if anyone has ever had the head off of their engine and weather or not they experienced any diffuculties after the job was done.

Also, is this something I can live with? Is it absolutely dire that I get this thing replaced? Or can the car make the 2 more years before I dump it?

Thoughts?

No comments on my luck with this car please guys.

I'm tired of thinking about it. :(
poopy. well I would get it done. I did have a problem with my CRX when I had to replace some valves, the head wasn't planed properly so it was leaking badly (1 quart/tank of fuel) but they would have repaired that except I was on my way to calgary when I realized :o :angry: lol

Anyway, personnally I would get it done.
If it's covered under warranty, I'd get it done personally. If it wasn't, and it's just a small leak, I'd hold out until it became a real problem.

Not sure how the car is going to run after the fact, but I'd hope for the best. There's no reason why it wouldn't be just fine when they're done.

But either way, I think that it's going to feel like the car is going to s**t. .. repairs, once they start don't stop.
darkpuppet,Dec 16 2004, 10:37 AM Wrote:But either way, I think that it's going to feel like the car is going to s**t. .. repairs, once they start don't stop.
[right][snapback]74830[/snapback][/right]

Don't you know it. :rolleyes:
Whats ford's #, i had this problem a year ago, and i didnt get it covered under warranty and it cost me almost 200 bucks or something like that?? If u have the # can u give it to me, i want my money back!
I'm not too sure if it will work.... i believe anthony got an extended warranty.
But i still have my powertrain warranty??
1.800.565.FORD

Call the customer service guys.

The gaskets fall under the powertrain 100k warrantee.

Everyone has it. :)
Well ford was useless, the lady told me id have to talk to my dealership about the issue, and she didnt discuss if it was under warranty or not. My god if the dealership bitch slapped me once, there not all of a sudden gonna change their mind. Boo erns. :(
I'd get it done post-haste.
If they do pull the head off the engine, change the head bolts. They stretch. I've had a V6 and a V8 from Ford with leaky head gaskets and it was no problem after it was all said and done.

if the leak is small and you know you'll ditch the car soon, i'd say just leave it be.. check the oil frequently, go into 'as little money as it takes to keep it running' mode and just ditch it when you are ready
Get it fixed. Theyll take the head off as once piece.. changet the gasket and youll be fine. I dont think changing a headgasket on a focus would be that hard of a job at all actually... Looks pretty straight forward.

If you were a performance guy this would be a perfect time to do other wonderful things but I know thats not the direction your heading with the car.
Aslong as they use a quality gasket, new head bolts and do everything as said in the book it should be good b/c from my experience if yah don't do a headgasket by the book it will just cause you a ton of hassle in the long run. I would hold off though until it causes a major problem then i would bring it in.
Thanks for the input guys.

I'm going to wait until the new year to set up an appointment to have it changed.

I just hope it doesn't cause more problems than it solves. :rolleyes:
ANTHONYD,Dec 20 2004, 12:06 PM Wrote:Thanks for the input guys.

I'm going to wait until the new year to set up an appointment to have it changed.

I just hope it doesn't cause more problems than it solves. :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]75608[/snapback][/right]

Get it done ASAP, it's not that hard anyway 2hours and your back on the road.
My red focus was doing the same thing. but out of warranty thouugh. so i traded 'er in...
Looks like this is becoming a common problem. Turns out a lot of guys on the "OTHER SITE" have had the same issue.

Imagine. A head gasket going on a car after 3 years.

What a fackin joke.
The 3.8L V6 Ford motor was the same shite in the late 80's and into the 90's. Head gasket replacement for FORD------------Line up here.
ANTHONYD,Jan 4 2005, 05:51 PM Wrote:Looks like this is  becoming a common problem. Turns out a lot of guys on the "OTHER SITE" have had the same issue.

Imagine. A head gasket going on a car after 3 years.

What a fackin joke.
[right][snapback]77340[/snapback][/right]

imagine one going after 2 years and 28 000 kms....

thats my case as of last week... I consume 2 liter of coolant in 1 month...

fuking stupid cheap ass parts....
Pages: 1 2