FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New To The Club
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Everyone.

I will soon be a proud owner of a 2001 Ford Focus LX 4 Door Sedan. The car has a 2.0L Zetec Engine with a Manual 5 Speed Transmission. Car has 101,000KM's on it but it was owned by an older couple who woudl visit their kids in toronto. Car also comes wiht Power locks/remote locks, AC, Block heater and my favorite thing... A warranty.

Right now I drive a 1991 Ford Tempo. Great car and all but its taking too much to keep it on the road. What do you expect with a 13 year old car that was never intened to last longer then 5 years though.

Well I hope to meet and talk to alot of you. When I get the car I will post pics.

Nice, we need more sedan owners! You planning on modding it? Welcome to the site, s**t gets a little crazy here sometimes...
Welcome to the site.Enjoy.
Welcome
Welcome man
FociPhil,Dec 3 2004, 06:52 PM Wrote:Nice, we need more sedan owners! You planning on modding it? Welcome to the site, s**t gets a little crazy here sometimes...
[right][snapback]72725[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for the welcome all.

Actually I wasn't planning on doing too much to it. I was gonna install my Alpine head unit in it as its coming with a tape deck. Also dropping 2 12" infinity subs in the rear with a 1000watt amp to power them. I am also planning on replacing the stock speakers with better performing speakers...probably Focals.

As for exterior mods, I was thinking of replacing the headlights with those projector lights that I see alot of members here are sporting on their cars. As for engine...well I miht just leave it stock..maybe a cold air intake cuz I like that swoosh sound it makes but thats probably it.

This car is to replace the tempo which is my current daily driver. My other car is a 1988 Pontiac TransAm which I only drive in the summer.

[Image: 1.JPG]
ThraxXx,Dec 3 2004, 06:39 PM Wrote:Hello Everyone.

I will soon be a proud owner of a 2001 Ford Focus LX 4 Door Sedan.  The car has a 2.0L Zetec Engine with a Manual 5 Speed Transmission.  Car has 101,000KM's on it but it was owned by an older couple who woudl visit their kids in toronto.  Car also comes wiht Power locks/remote locks, AC, Block heater and my favorite thing... A warranty. 

Right now I drive a 1991 Ford Tempo.  Great car and all but its taking too much to keep it on the road.  What do you expect with a 13 year old car that was never intened to last longer then 5 years though.

Well I hope to meet and talk to alot of you.  When I get the car I will post pics.
[right][snapback]72721[/snapback][/right]

Dude,

So this is what the other day's MSN convo was about? Welcome to Focus Canada, and welcome to the "extremely fun to drive 4-door" club. So, you're turning the Trans Am into a show-only car?

I'll MSN you / call you next week.

:D :ph34r:

Obviously you know who this is now!

Ahh fuk off we don't need any new members :lol:
Welcome and don't listen to Paparoach! :blink:
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 4 2004, 10:52 AM Wrote:Dude,

So this is what the other day's MSN convo was about? Welcome to Focus Canada, and welcome to the "extremely fun to drive 4-door" club. So, you're turning the Trans Am into a show-only car?

I'll MSN you / call you next week.

:D  :ph34r:

Obviously you know who this is now!
[right][snapback]72800[/snapback][/right]

Hey Logan...wusup. Yeah I am pretty much done sinking money into my tempo. Thing is a money pit...I already put over $1000 into the front end and now my engine decided that gasoline would be its next diet. I get about 160km's to a tank...costs me about $32 to fill it. So basically every 3 days I need to refill.

Also I really want a car with a manual transmission so I figured I would see what ford had in their used lot. I always loved the lines on the Ford Focus since they were first released.

LOFOCI WAGON,Dec 4 2004, 03:00 PM Wrote:Welcome and don't listen to Paparoach! :blink:
[right][snapback]72826[/snapback][/right]

LOL ok I kinda got the idea to ignore him when I saw his sig. LOL
Welcome to the Board :)

~ Clutch