FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Latest Focus Tsb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
TSB 04-21-5

Difficulty Changing Gears - Unable To Engage Gears

2000-2005 Focus

Issue
Some 2000-2005 Focus vehicles, equipped with manual transmissions, may exhibit difficulty in changing gears, or an inability to engage certain gears.

Action
Check for proper adjustment of gearshift cables and attachment of the cables to the bracket (located under the battery tray area). If the cable(s) are detached from the bracket, reattatch and lock in place per procedure in Workshop Manual Section 308-06. If the cable(s) are still attached, perform gearshift cable adjustment per procedure in Workshop Manual in Section 308-00. DO NOT replace the shift cable(s) unless there are signs of damage.

Warranty Status
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage.

CanadaSVT,Oct 13 2004, 06:24 PM Wrote:Warranty Status
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage.
So why do they even bother including the 2000`s in the TSB if they are past there 3 year warranty period already, all I can see coming from this is more pissed off Ford customers.
cause some people like me got a 5 year warrenty that came with the car .
K_OS,Oct 14 2004, 12:49 PM Wrote:So why do they even bother including the 2000`s in the TSB if they are past there 3 year warranty period already, all I can see coming from this is more pissed off Ford customers.
Because it's a TSB not a recall.

The purpose of Technical Service Bullitens is just to prevent wasted hours of diagnosis.
i know that one of the cables on my focus on the tranny side of it broke....

the tranny end of the cable has an eyelet with a rubber bushing in the middle that slips over a barb on the tranny that keeps it in.....well....the ruber separated...tore in half....i had the shifter cable held on by a tiny zip tie for like 6 months lol
2001 ZTS,Oct 14 2004, 08:36 AM Wrote:
K_OS,Oct 14 2004, 12:49 PM Wrote:So why do they even bother including the 2000`s in the TSB if they are past there 3 year warranty period already, all I can see coming from this is more pissed off Ford customers.
Because it's a TSB not a recall.

The purpose of Technical Service Bullitens is just to prevent wasted hours of diagnosis.
good point :D
D-Dub,Oct 14 2004, 08:20 AM Wrote:cause some people like me got a 5 year warrenty that came with the car .
With the Focus you will need it, I`m glad I got out while the getting was good :)
Just had this TSB done to the car, it shifts much better, but i think my tranny syncros got a bit warn out from all the stiff shifting, but its an improvement from before.
kos--------you"got out while the gettin was good"? Firstly, you got out of a Focus and into a Hyundai Accent. That is a step-------no leap downward you FUCKTARD. So don't start chiming in about getting rid of a decent car, I said decent, not grand, not the best there is, but a decent car, and now you own an Accent. That is the cow dung of cars. Welcome to one step closer to the Salvage Yard. Your brother sure didn't do you any favours.

meford4u,Oct 25 2004, 02:59 PM Wrote:kos--------you"got out while the gettin was good"? Firstly, you got out of a Focus and into a Hyundai Accent. That is a step-------no leap downward you FUCKTARD. So don't start chiming in about getting rid of a decent car, I said decent, not grand, not the best there is, but a decent car, and now you own an Accent. That is the cow dung of cars. Welcome to one step closer to the Salvage Yard. Your brother sure didn't do you any favours.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: B)
I dont want to side with anyone here and I know K-OS has been on the board for awhile now, but dude if you think going from a focus to an accent is a step up you must be joking. I would rather buy myself a squareback honda cause there is really no difference, the honda is cheaper and will outlast the Hyundi. Just look on the roads you see old tempo's, taurus's and even aerostars, the chance of seeing a old hyundi is slim to none.

A friend of mine is in the military and him and his buddy drive from Hamilton to Ottawa every single week, one week my buddy stayed home cause he was on vacation and his friend drove solo up to Ottawa fell asleep at the wheel and wrote the car off, when he called my friend to tell him he wrote the car off he basically said good riddance cause that car was just hell. Theres seriously no difference then sitting on a wooden bench or in an accent.
paolo,Oct 25 2004, 02:45 PM Wrote:Just had this TSB done to the car, it shifts much better, but i think my tranny syncros got a bit warn out from all the stiff shifting, but its an improvement from before.
how much? or was it covered?
BerinG, my car still has factory warranty, so the TSB was covered. It took 4 hours for ford to do the work, cus they had to work on a bunch of OPP Cruisers before they touched my car.
paolo,Oct 26 2004, 01:38 PM Wrote:BerinG, my car still has factory warranty, so the TSB was covered. It took 4 hours for ford to do the work, cus they had to work on a bunch of OPP Cruisers before they touched my car.
ok oh.. warranty bla bla bla... :lol:

i miss having one :P

*on another note:
i had asked how to do it before but never got a real answer.. besides unclip the cable.. adjust it.. reclip the cable. its the "adjust" it part im not sure.. i doupt it adjusts itself just by unclipping it..
meford4u,Oct 25 2004, 01:59 PM Wrote:kos--------you"got out while the gettin was good"?  Firstly, you got out of a Focus and into a Hyundai Accent.  That is a step-------no leap downward you FUCKTARD.  So don't start chiming in about getting rid of a decent car, I said decent, not grand, not the best there is, but a decent car, and now you own an Accent.  That is the cow dung of cars.  Welcome to one step closer to the Salvage Yard.  Your brother sure didn't do you any favours.
let me see if I can be mature about this if you can`t, the Focus was falling apart but I was willing to keep it till it totally fell apart, I don`t know about your situation but my experience with Ford was like they stole 20,000.00 from me, Ford SCREWED ME out of all that money even when I went to the dealership (DONWAY) they wouldn`t do s**t for me, I got into a heated argument once with the dealer manager over my Focus. Now let me educate you a bit my Accent has never been recalled for anything, everytime I go to Hyundai they treat me like a human being and not as another chance to screw somebody out of money, the Accent costs allot less to maintain(Focus 525.00 for brake job, Accent 350.00 for brake job) the Accent wastes allot less gas, the Accent is cheaper to insure, I checked with the Hyundai dealer and because my car is in such great shape they will give me almost 10,000.00 for it on trade in 2 years after owning the Focus Ford would only give me 8,000.00 for my Focus. Actually my brother did do me a favour he could easily have sold me such a great car for allot more than he did. Don`t get me wrong I love the way the Focus looks and as for thinking that the Accent is a better car probably not but it`s never given me as many problems as the Focus did.

Also the other reason I sold the Focus was that I wanted to grow my Austin Mini collection and that was the only way I could do it, right now between my brother and I there are 7 of them including a beautifull `61 Mini wagon that just arrived and it was just appraised for 25,000.00 :) , thanks to BMW`s MINI the Classic Mini`s have become highly sought after collector pieces. Also I got married back in April I was going to buy a new car till I got engaged then I decided to keep the Accent and save up the money till the day that the wife tells me she`s pregnant then I have 9 months to figure out what car I should buy because having a kid in a 3 door is pain in the ass.
i bought a '96 accent for my winter beater... can't wait to snow drift it in parking lots over the winter :P
BrooksZX3,Oct 27 2004, 09:48 AM Wrote:i bought a '96 accent for my winter beater... can't wait to snow drift it in parking lots over the winter  :P
The last car I had the pleasure of ice racing was a friends 5spd `95 Accent that car must of had about 80hp but it was one of the fastest ice racers on the track.

PS: if you want a good sleeper trade in the Accent`s motor for a 1.8L or a 2.0L Hyundai Beta motor, with it`s lightweight and the addition of a 140hp engine it would make for a very fast car at the drag strip.
Ok, first, like many other foreign car companies, they are very sneaky about recalls. They don't do them. They hope you bring your car in for a "quick" oil change, they tell you they need the car for the day--to do an oil change- and then they fix what the recall is, without your knowledge. I have seen it before, and I don't think this is the better way. I would personally like to know what any problems are arising out of the car I am driving. If I need to get the car in on a recall, I might think about getting it there a little sooner if it means I might be stuck in the middle of nowhere.
Secondly, do you really believe everything the salesman tells you when you buy a car from him? I can tell you that there is no way in hell your going to get 10k for a 2 year old Accent. In your dreams. That car depreciates faster than a Catholic school girl on a Saturday night. When you drive that car, do it with the windows open and a fistfull of cash in your hand, constantly letting the money fly out the window. That's what you did buying a Hyundai.
They might be cheaper brakes, but let see the difference in how often you change your brakes. Twice as much you say? That's really not a savings then, is it.
And the mini----------the new one is definately a POS-------no comment on the old.
Anyone else had the TSB done on their car?
I have a couple more TSB updates infront of me, but with the way this one went maybe I should leave well enough alone, and keep the OASIS info to myself. :unsure:
Pages: 1 2