FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Jrsc Again...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anybody send me a wave file or some sort of sound file or a JRSC installed focus that:

a) The sound of the car @ idle
B) The sound of the car under some throttle..

Just want to sample what it sounds like.. Is it true the jrsc is very quiet?
Very quiet. You cant tell its there at idle.
Look at this video.

Dyno pull
Bluetoy.. a couple of questions:

a) Did you replace your clutch after your jrsc install?
B) What kind of dyno numbers after the install?
c) Did your colder plugs help?
Stock clutch, 36,000 km's.
197hp at the wheels
Colder plugs make zero difference with a JRSC.
I was going to answer for you, but you can answer for yourself. Maybe you could answer a question/opinion for me. I have ordered a race head, shaved .040. Any problems I might incur with the shaved head/JRSC mixture.

After asking those in the know in the US and putting the question out here, everyone seems a little miffed, but they" think" it will be ok.

Any thoughts Steve-bluetoy?

meford4u,Oct 4 2004, 11:17 PM Wrote:I was going to answer for you, but you can answer for yourself. Maybe you could answer a question/opinion for me. I have ordered a race head, shaved .040. Any problems I might incur with the shaved head/JRSC mixture.

After asking those in the know in the US and putting the question out here, everyone seems a little miffed, but they" think" it will be ok.

I think you should be okay with the race head. It may lower your boost level a little because it will flow better. The .040 shaving shouldn't have any effect. I really don't forsee any problems at all.

Not enough power already???
Just catching up to you.
bluetoy,Oct 5 2004, 07:46 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Oct 4 2004, 11:17 PM Wrote:I was going to answer for you, but you can answer for yourself.  Maybe you could answer a question/opinion for me.  I have ordered a race head, shaved .040.  Any problems I might incur with the shaved head/JRSC mixture.

I think you should be okay with the race head. It may lower your boost level a little because it will flow better. The .040 shaving shouldn't have any effect. I really don't forsee any problems at all.

Not enough power already???
Actually I did think of something. You'll have to port match the JRSC manifold to the probably larger ports on the head...

It's easy to catch me... Car is still broken. No fuel pressure plus lazy owner = no go..
Already thought of that thanks.

But your still right.