FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Help Me Decide.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've decided to buy a focus after driving a friends, right now i'm thinking a black or blue 2004 svt fully loaded. I wanted a rs but found out they are really expensive and aren't sold here (i think). I just wanted to know whether you guys have some insight to me buying this car, where are the best places to go for a good price and where i can test drive one as i haven't found any svt's at the dealerships. I live in Oakville Ontario if that helps with giving me some locations

Thanks, The Dude ;)
well...go blue..!
I know that Dixie Ford sells SVT and Donway Ford too..
check them out.
good choice of car...haha..you are going to like it.!

good luck.
l8r.
Do yourself a favour and don't buy a car at Donway Ford nothing but craptacular service.
i fyou do goto a regular focus. I wouldnt go any earlier then 2002. They got alot of the bugs out them them in the newer focus's..
thanks guys, are there any benifit's to getting anything other than an svt, i heard they have lot's problems nothing major but lot's of em.
well, for an SVT you will most likely to buy it used since they dont make em anymore.

they made them only for 3 years in limited quantity.
did you plan on doing mods? if your planning on a svt because of the power difference you can easily get a zx3 and with the chunk of cash you save put that towards mods and you can way mor epower then a SVT. That if your looking new. As far as used svt you can usualy find some good deals and pick up a used svt with low km cheaper...

its up to you. I had everything set and go to trade in my zx3 for an svt but the sales man actually talked me out of it. he said with the money I would be paying more for it I can put it into the ZX3 and get more out of it..

then a again that extra power aint going to do anythign for anyone if you dont know how to use it.. I found that out last sunday...
thabrat,Sep 29 2004, 11:42 PM Wrote:did you plan on doing mods? if your planning on a svt because of the power difference you can easily get a zx3 and with the chunk of cash you save put that towards mods and you can way mor epower then a SVT.
show me 1 zx3 that has easily made that... :rolleyes:

not to diss you, but to get a zx3 into svt performance, you will lose some reliability, driveability, and warrenty.

svt is hand down all over a mildly modded zx3, unless you do a head, and cams, and race headers and all, but at that point, your zx3 will be so loud and not friendly to drive neither.

the SVT is way better than a zx3 in my book.

I back up what I said by having owned a ZX3 running 15.3 (heavily modded) AND a SVT that ran 15.3 (stock)
blah...

zx3 = 20g + 5g for a nice turbo kit. Your going to run laps around an svt....who needs warranty these days. cars dies just buy a new one... SIMPLE! :lol:
i do plan for mods, i'm usually a more of go before show guy but i plan on swapping in the headlights that thebrat has and putting on rs fenders, quarter panels and front bumper if they fit decently, other than that probably just a k&n filter and minor performance enhancements.
oh and you can still order 2004 svt's new from ford
thabrat,Sep 30 2004, 12:14 AM Wrote:blah...

zx3 = 20g + 5g for a nice turbo kit. Your going to run laps around an svt....who needs warranty these days. cars dies just buy a new one... SIMPLE! :lol:
plus an exaust, all the gauges, pod, clutch, differential, maybe wanna have suspension at that power level, oups I forgot, Brakes, might want better tire and wheels.... :rolleyes:

yeah yeah yeah... ZX3 are kings, fack svt's...... :lol: its the never ending battle of the most basic being the best cuz it please and suit the bigger crowd to think so.
french_connection,Sep 29 2004, 08:25 PM Wrote:
thabrat,Sep 30 2004, 12:14 AM Wrote:blah...

zx3 = 20g + 5g for a nice turbo kit. Your going to run laps around an svt....who needs warranty these days. cars dies just buy a new one... SIMPLE!  :lol:
plus an exaust, all the gauges, pod, clutch, differential, maybe wanna have suspension at that power level, oups I forgot, Brakes, might want better tire and wheels.... :rolleyes:

yeah yeah yeah... ZX3 are kings, fack svt's...... :lol: its the never ending battle of the most basic being the best cuz it please and suit the bigger crowd to think so.
SRT owns all :lol:
Someone do another calculation: used Focus, turbo and all the necessary goodies.

I think you could still be <20 and be pretty solid. On the other hand I now see used WRX's in the low 20's.

But Dude, with the way things are going like insurance, cops, DriveClean, dealers etcetera I think getting a car with everything you want "out of the box" is the way to go, even if it means driving a s**t box for a few years more till what you really want comes into reach.

Am I right to assume because you are from Oakville you or your family is tied to Ford in some way and are ruling out other makes/models?
actually right now my dad has a chevy my mom drives a plymouth and i got a toyota right now. If you want to go on, my grandma drives a volvo, my aunt drives a saab, my uncle drives a volkswagen, come to think of it no one in our family has a ford yet.
I'd hate to say it but for the price range, go look at a used WRX ;)

OR

http://www.trader.ca/VLotsEnlarged.asp?str...AT=1&unitcode=K

+

http://www.focus-power.com

=

FUN!

;)
I think a test drive in the svt will answer all your questions, even if you want more power later on the svt can respond well to engine upgrades. B)
well i'm not interested in a wrx i want a focus hence the reason i came here. I have the money to buy a $28,000 fully loaded focus at the moment and just wanted to get some insight on what years of the svt are better or if they are all just the same and any problems people have had with an svt.
when you get the svt, ask for no traction control, it is just a pain in the butt if you like performance.

its all about contour SVT's :D but man im just playing, the svt is a good car. it totaly is up to you.
Pages: 1 2 3