FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Jrsc And Warranty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I start to feel the love. we are getting somewhere.

can I sleep at your place when I visit saskatoon?
What the hell is your problem. Damn, you got some serious issues man.... SERIOUS......
well, I had 12 serious problems, but I drank them all, so now I consider myself problem free. :D
Yeah another typical drunk bitchy frenchman.... now I UNDERSTAND what's up with your 'replies' on here.....
french_connection,Sep 2 2004, 10:45 PM Wrote:well, I had 12 serious problems, but I drank them all, so now I consider myself problem free. :D
Hahaha Oh Marc...

Dan and Steve must find this entertaining. I'm surprised the thread's not locked yet :P
LOL

this thread just went to hell

Jason...fuk it, why not...for a grand, you can't go wrong...unless Jay is willing to replicate his old home made turbo setup for you at cost with free labour :D

just be sure you're warranty is covered...then do it!
just for the record, even thought I am of french language root, I am a QUEBECER, not a frenchman. you dont see me wearing a berret and dragging a baguette under my arm... jezzz..... common toon buy, you can do better than that. :lol:
Raine,Sep 3 2004, 03:49 AM Wrote:Dan and Steve must find this entertaining. I'm surprised the thread's not locked yet :P
Dan and steeve are probably too busy spreading the love I gave to them last week end... a whole lotta love.
^^^ as if a Quebecer is better :rolleyes:

;)
french_connection,Sep 2 2004, 09:50 PM Wrote:just for the record, even thought I am of french language root, I am a QUEBECER, not a frenchman. you dont see me wearing a berret and dragging a baguette under my arm... jezzz..... common toon buy, you can do better than that. :lol:
Whatever, and yeah I don't see you dragging a baguette under your arm, it's to far up your ass like your head......
oh, thats what the smell is, dang ma I'd be havin figured out why it smell like funny, my headz up ma butt hey! Good side if Im ungry, I can always much on the baguette.... :lol:

keep em coming, I start to love you so much I might just buy the house next door to you and move in next week.
Jay honestly though, for a grand that is one sweet price. Like I said, I read lots into it and just heard and read alot of problems with the JRSC but either way, for a grand, hell if you have any problems, you can sell it and probably make enough to get those scissor doors you want! :D
Here is some information to 'back' my post..... don't get to excited with that Napoleon, I can see how 'back' might excite ya....

Vortech has a option for a intercooler, JRSC doesn't.
Vortech (175HP/140TQ), JRSC (160HP/130TQ) for reference ZETEC engine.

A quote off 'another' focus site....

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it true that the JRSC performs worse stock, but if you do some modifications it can be better than the Vortech? Which one has a higher power capability (and on octane 92)?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not a chance in hell. Nothing against the JRSC, but the JRSC is an awesome reliable simple bolt-on solution with reasonable gains. The JRSC cannot hold a candle to the Vortech or a turbo kit when it comes to any kind of performance upgrade path. Anything you can do to the roots, the same on the Vortech would provide even more.

and another quote of that same thread.....

"I voted Vortech. Each dyno I see just blazes the JRSC one."

There are TONS more theads like this. One reason why a VORTECH might give you problems though is the fact that it is alot more 'involved' then the JRSC. VORTECH comes with a blower, shaft, air/water intercooler, water pump, different injectors, different tune, etc so of course with having more parts there is an increased chance that there could be more problems based on statistics....

Shall I continue???
And another thing, not SC but the JR throttle body, have you read how many 'problems' there has been with them.... just another reason to maybe 'look elsewhere' for your SC.....
Another 'reference' thread relating to the JRSC, VORTECH, TOM's TURBO, ETC....

http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/showfla...&fpart=all&vc=1
yeah, I totaly agree with s2 steeda, you can put it on your car and enjoy some fun low boost for a while, for that price, sell it the same price next year in USD$ ;) on the jet if you feel its not enough power for you.

thing is, it might not be the most powerfull kit, but it does place itself into a power target that act in a friendly way with the focus and not too many people have problems with them if they dont mess around with the kit.

reliable, engine and clutch and tranny friendly, no maintenance, ford dealership only friendly after market boost solution, better fuel economy if not always in boost. Easy/Fast to access/get replacement parts.

And you get a hell of a deal.

Mine realy grew on me, I think all focus should have one from factory, its so factory like driveability, its actualy seamless.

-thabrat

to answer your earlier question:

mine is all bone stock and I made a custom bracket to have a short ram typhoon type filter with screen on the tip and around the cone too so it breath better. thats all.
One really good thing is that the JRSC is basically a 'bolt on' sorta a put on and done setup. Of course FI isn't something you just install and done, but it's the closest thing to a 'bolt on' big performance upgrade out there.

I agree though with french_connection with that you could turn around serious profit with the JRSC if it's not what your expecting. Why not buy two at that price, even if you keep one, it'll basically be free.
Geezus christ... I was at a funeral mass thingy ma jiggy...

Calm down boys... caaaaalm down .. =P

Ive always said ... JRSC is the BEST solution for any focus if you just want to bolt on and forget it.

Its the most streetable everyday FI setup for the focus without touching alot of things.
I agree with you, it's basically a 'bolt on' like I posted.

Yeah this thread got way out of hand, actually pretty funny now that I read it again. No harm french_connection? Truce?

Anyway, for the price, the 'bolt on' style, the JRSC is very good, but like I did originally post (and no I am not trying to battle this again) but the VORTECH does put up better numbers..... but also more $$$$. Then you can go the turbo route and even do better then both of the major SC's on the market....
Dan tell them how fun it was last week end when we went for a spin!

:blink:

dude, your from saskatoon, I cant hold a grudge against you man, it would be like wrong, mummmmkay..... :lol: I just had so much fun you cant beleive... :P
Pages: 1 2 3 4