FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Jrsc And Warranty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Yeah good point. I did own a car with a turbo before, had to do the whole, start up and let it 'idle' for a bit before you leave and vise versa when you get to where your going.

Starting to think with everything that I have read about FI, if it's even worth it. I mean sure you get a faster car in the end but the side effects (possible ones) are nasty..... plus that warranty issue, I sure the hell wouldn't be putting on a FI component and loose the warranty on the surounding components on my car, hell no... not even in writing as someone posted, sure one dealership might warranty the car but the majority won't......
S2 Steeda,Sep 3 2004, 02:02 PM Wrote:Yeah good point. I did own a car with a turbo before, had to do the whole, start up and let it 'idle' for a bit before you leave and vise versa when you get to where your going.

Starting to think with everything that I have read about FI, if it's even worth it. I mean sure you get a faster car in the end but the side effects (possible ones) are nasty..... plus that warranty issue, I sure the hell wouldn't be putting on a FI component and loose the warranty on the surounding components on my car, hell no... not even in writing as someone posted, sure one dealership might warranty the car but the majority won't......
Then whats the point of tuning & tweaking with cars? <_< :P
If my Ford dealership would warranty my JRSC hands down I would go put one on my cc right now. These things chew up ATX like no other. The research I have done shows that the JRSC will no doubt kill an atx over time, it's just a matter of how much time. (ie: how bad you beat on it) I'd love just a little more pep in my focus, I dun need massive amounts of HP, Jason, if u can get one for 1000 I say buy it, don't think about it, just buy it. Cause even if u don't want it in 6 months I bet there will be a line up even on this board to buy it for a profit from you.
As for steeda FI kit its just a rebadged precision turbo like stated in that post witch I think is not to bad of a setup.

The one thing that still bugs me about any time I see any post about turbo or supercharger is someone who always posts "read more about it". DONT READ JUST DO IT!! Alot of ppl like myself are hands on learners. None of this reading bullshit. If you plan on doing turbo or any FI you know what the consquences are. So what. You break it you fix it. Its just a car..
thabrat,Sep 3 2004, 03:36 PM Wrote:As for steeda FI kit its just a rebadged precision turbo like stated in that post witch I think is not to bad of a setup.

The one thing that still bugs me about any time I see any post about turbo or supercharger is someone who always posts "read more about it". DONT READ JUST DO IT!! Alot of ppl like myself are hands on learners. None of this reading bullshit. If you plan on doing turbo or any FI you know what the consquences are. So what. You break it you fix it. Its just a car..
I sure hope your not doing your own tuning then! ;) :lol:
You can put a smaller pulley on the Sc to boost power, but from what I have read, yep i read it, that anything smaller than a 2.6" pulley, which is around 7 lbs of boost, i think, you have to start changing the MAF, injectors and that annoying black box on the JRSC.

I dunno Jay, I got to disagree with you on that. If you planning on dumping TONS of cash into something, I suggest you read up on what your actually buying. At least that's what I would do and have done....
Yes I well be doign my own tuning if there is any? since what I am after is a full bolt on kit and SCT chip will take care of all the rest. seriously i dont get why ppl think a turbo is such a big thing. if you do it right your safe. you dont have to spend hours and hours reading up on it to do a turbo setup or sc setup right. its either you end up with a blown engine in the end or everything works out good. My setup will work out when its compelete if not i take it off and start over again and keep doing it till its right. if worse comes to worse I just buy a new engine. Tis the reason i am keeping enough extra money aside in case any thing does happen.

I been going all out so far on my car I might as will spend another 15k and put it towards the engine..

as far as the jrsc i talked to the guy today and he allready sold it and i found out it was a svt jrsc so it wouldnt of worked.
I just heard all the SVT guys go DAMN!!!
LOL wish i owned an SVT. how ever this guy was needing the money asap and he got rid of it allready..
It's nice that you have such a cavalier outlook on things Jason, but a lot of us don't spend every penny on our cars and if we are going to do it, then we want to do it right the FIRST time. Spending money on a blown engine is stupid. If all it took was some prior knowledge and research before hand. I wish I had money to waste like you seem to do. And if you truely do have that much money to throw around why did you even start this thread? Shouldn't you already have this SC installed and ready to go?

If research and my time is the only cost in saving myself a lot of heartache and trouble down the road of not having to do things twice then yes, I will spend as MUCH time reading and as MUCH time learning from other people's mistakes before I dump 1000's or even 100's of dollars on something. It's stupid to throw away money like you seem to make it sound. Just plain stupid.

Do it once, do it right. Or don't do it at all.

Hands on or not, its plain STUPID to have to learn by your own mistakes when you can learn from the mistakes of others.
Ass, basically my thoughts on this also. I mean, it's good to learn first hand but at the cost of what...... All I know is that I read up on EVERYTHING about the focus, to back my 'fight' before, I work for the government and mostly just sit off the 'focus' websites cause I got nothing to do and learn stuff. Might explain my 2600 posts over at FF.com in less then 6 months.

Anyway, what your saying ASS is the right thing to do. You need to find out exactly what your buying into. Jay your car rocks man, it's one of the nicest foci I have ever seen but don't risk messing that thing up. I also know what you were meaning though when you said 'hands on'.... not exactly as extreme as we took that on here.

So with that JRSC gone now, what's your next plan. I know I can get one brand new for not alot more than that (few connections up here) but are you thinking of maybe going back to your turbo idea now? Curious....
Pages: 1 2 3 4