FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Tyler (zx5) Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So whats going on with the clutch? Are they covering it? You should looking into a performance clutch. They run way cheaper then the actual OEM ford ones..
he's in bed so I'll reply.

We are currently fighting them, and I mean fighting them. The clutch quit the day after we got it back, it has less than 20K and having seen the disc, pressure plate and flywheel, there is no way I am paying to fix it. To the pressure plate itself there are very few hot spots (which are normal due to the nature of friction anyway), no score marks, no warping, etc. It looks like any clutch would given the fact that it had been driven. Please note there was also 300K on the car when we picked it up, so someone else had obviously driven it.

Now, what we find odd is the fact that our car (incl. clutch) was running fine. We had the time so we thought since they have warranty paint work to do we'll fix the "ticking" that was in the clutch. When we got it back the clutch was really tight and awkward, but they said that it would be that way and it was fine. Why then did it blow the next day?? In my opinion they fcuked it up when they put it together, or they didn't put it together right.

This makes them angry, but yet they have no problem throwing the abuse card in our faces. I basically told the Fixed Operations Manager where he could stick it without making him mad. It really pissed him off when I, a girl, started poking holes in his argument for "we don't know what caused it, and it's probably due to abuse". I don't think he liked the fact that I knew more about what he needed to do than Tyler!! :P Girl Power

Now what really makes this whole thing interesting is that on Sat Am when they called us they immediately said it was the pressure plate, and that it was our fault and we had to pay. The funny thing is, they hadn't even opened up the car yet. Talk about jumping the gun and putting thier feet in their mouths. This pissed us off, and we asked to talk to the Dealer Principal (Trevor). He was nicer, but very unhelpful and turned us over to Bernie the FOM. He acts like he's trying to help but really doesn't give a shite what we say. Ironically enough he told me yesterday that they couldn't tell us what was wrong until they opened the vehicle and took a look. huh? :huh: I thought they determined that by the fact that it was sitting there dormant and they used their x-ray vison to see what was wrong.

Anyhoo, to make the situation worse, they used a truck armed with a red metal barrel (battering ram) named Rhino to push/bump our car into the garage. :o This just made me more angry, and due to the fact that they tell us we abuse our car, they have the nerve to use a truck armed with a rusty metal barrel to bump our car to where they want it. BEWARE, they seemed to think this was okay, and normal? :huh: Apparently the Focus is sooo heavy they couldn't stick it in neutral and get two guys to roll it?? :rolleyes: Funny how they just had to do $2000 body work, but they seem to like doing it for free or something.

Then when they put the tires back on they didn't even put all the lugs on properly, so our $2500 tires are now precariously perched 6 ft in the air with very little holding them on. I think they are asking for me to bring in my gloch and shoot the place down. :angry:

In the end, which is not anywhere near, we are getting screwed. They are treating our car like s**t, us even worse, and claiming that they are doing their job. To make it worse, Ford Canada won't do s**t, so far anyway, cuz they apparently feel that "they stand behind the dealer 100%". So what if two opposing dealers had two opposing opinions? I guess they would both be right :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So, not only has Bennett lost a customer for life, so has Ford. Too bad cuz I like them, but we're done. My first and last venture into the realm of domestics. The worst thing for them is that we will tell everyone on earth our horror stories, and being that I were 23 and 20 ist is a shame for them to drive out their future business. We are on a lease right now until 2007, but are feeling out our legal options. If I have to come up with $7000 switch it to a purchase I may have to do it so we can never go bak there again. Percival, although I can't tell my family I'll go there, will have to be our new home until we can figure this out.

In the meantime we have no car, no options, no patience, and no fuse left to fcuk with. We love our Focus, but unfortunately Ford had to go and ruin our first Brand new car experience. :(

Erin, the livid one

P.S.

Any advice, help, suggestions from anyone, but don't tell us to suck it up cuz I am a crusader and will stop at nothing until I am happy!! Look out Bennett-Dunlop :D :rolleyes:

P.P.S.

We have pictures of everything, including the battering ram Rhino and our bumper just dirt now, but once cleaned off we will examine with a microscope)

P.P.S.

The performance thing is a possibility, but we don;t have cash and won't it void out warranty? (mind you they don;t honour it anyway :rolleyes: )
wow, what a mess... sorry to hear about your terrible experience. Ya know, sometimes the worst experiences can turn into great experiences if handled properly. It doesn't sound like they are attempting to even come half way on this. Fcuk em. I'm a 'crusader' too, and I'd be in their face every opportunity I had... almost for the fun of it. Bastards. Good luck with the whole situation guys... and suck it up would ya :P !

Jebus..that's insane!

can you write in to the local newspaper as well? write up about the mess they've made, and include some pics... this sounds like something you don't want to leave to just the forums.. share it with the world!

And definitely check out your legal options. I'm sure there has to be one ambulance chaser out there that would love the opportunity to stick it to a ford dealership.

good luck, and keep us posted!
Why did they have to use Barnie? Couldnt the car start up at all? Or was it totaly dead.
I had to goto there on Saturday for my oil change and the service wasnt to bad. How ever the fact I requested that only this certain mechanic can work on my car and blah they end up getting some other dude to do it :angry:

Seriously if I was in this situation Percival would have my car right now or I would have ordered a stage 2 clutch, wipped out the hanes manual and off I go....
when we left it the car started just fine, but you putting it in gear might as well of been neutral, so yeah they coulda pushed it.

The car is in a million pieces right now so how would I get it there without them "losing" something or breaking it.

My papa was calling Trevor yesterday, so when I talk to him we'll see if doing it ourselves is the way to go.

We just really don't feel like paying for something we shouldn't have to pay for.

E

P.S.

The mechanic thing, they seem to do that a lot. We always request the same guy, but if they won;t give the job, if we are there we stay with the car and babysit it. :D

P.P.S.

why does it take my father calling before they will take us seriously?? :huh:
WTF is up with Regina dealerships, especially that one. My dad (before he passed away 5 months ago from lung cancer) worked as the fleet manager at Jubilee Ford in Saskatoon here. Anyway, some of the stuff I seen Jubilee deal with was amazing. It seemed like if anyone "bitched" about something, be it a problem with Ford or just a "bitchy" person, they would just get the stuff fixed and get them out of the dealership. I also ran alot of dealer transfers for him and have picked up alot of cars from "this Regina dealership" before. Never really liked it there, never got a professional attitude from them. Just my experience....

Man, I read that story again, that is harsh. Best of luck to you too, I would seriously check into contacting Ford Canada on this. It's things like this that hurt their business seriously....
That part where you said "why does it take my father to call".....

I don't know, it's funny but it seems that they won't do stuff until someone "older" gets on the phone and gives them some s**t. I will never get it. It's just something that happens I guess. Dumb as hell IMO....
So far Ford Canada just says the Dealer is always right. I guess they are willing to lose thousands of $$$ in future business over a clutch. Their loss IMO, as I will just go back to my imports ( :o ) when the ZX5 is done (sorry guys).

And Darkpuppet, I do plan on going to the papers or something to let the world know they bite, but I want to wait and see how it will progress. Don't want to put my foot in my mouth and ruin any chance of resolution.

E
You know, I would really go at contacting Ford Canada and basically saying that you love the car, that this will severely damage any possible future purchases of Ford automobiles in the future. I would have done a flip out on the service department if they gave me this bullshit runaround. I feel bad for you guys, horrible.

What year is his car anyway? Shouldn't there be warranty on this anyway? I am actually getting my final warranty finished up on my car next week and I do remember Tyler telling me something about making sure to get my clutch disc checked. I know they are doing that next week, if they fix anything on mine under warranty, I will definitely let you know. He said my car is starting to do the same thing his was....

Basically if you start the car, put the shifter in neutral and without stepping on the clutch, slowly move the shifter towards a gear and it should not do anything, mine starts "ticking" and Tyler said that is what his was doing. Getting worried here now, but will let you guys know next week what my outcome is.... not sure if this is the same thing you guys are going though with the ZX5 but yeah, hopefully not in my case.
:o I just GAVE away a clutch and flywheel with less than 60K on it.
You better delete that post Flofocus, that will just piss him off more... poor guy...
S2 Steeda,Jun 30 2004, 03:48 PM Wrote:I would have done a flip out on the service department if they gave me this bullshit runaround.

What year is his car anyway? Shouldn't there be warranty on
this anyway? I am actually getting my final warranty finished up on my car next week and I do remember Tyler telling me something about making sure to get my clutch disc checked. I know they are doing that next week, if they fix anything on mine under warranty, I will definitely let you know. He said my car is starting to do the same thing his was....
Did the be calm thing, the angry but not yelling thing, and are in the process of threatening to never, ever return, but the higher up we go the less they really seem to care. Nothing is working yet!! :angry:

Year: 2003
Date of pick up: Oct 31/03 (yeah I know, we've only had it eight months)
Km's at pick up: 250 something
Km's now: approx. 20,000
Amount of free work they've had to do cuz of manufacturer defects in paint, body, leaky light housings, etc.: over $2500 (I personally think they are trying to milk us cuz they did so much for free)

yeah, I don't get it either

Also note that we did purchase extra warranty to carry it to the end of the lease, and tried to get it bakc theother day b/c we said why should we buy extended when they don;t even honour the original one. They said we'd get 1/4 of it back. They really don't want to keep us around i guess. Too bad, cuz we were getting all oil changes, accessories (except when cheaper elsewhere), and even recommended a few people to our sales guy. Oh well, apparently they don;t like guaranteed income form their car owners. :huh:

E.

I need to hurt someone/thing. :o
Flofocus,Jun 30 2004, 03:50 PM Wrote::o I just GAVE away a clutch and flywheel with less than 60K on it.
there's no emoticon for crying.

E :lol:
S2 Steeda,Jun 30 2004, 03:48 PM Wrote:Getting worried here now, but will let you guys know next week what my outcome is.... not sure if this is the same thing you guys are going though with the ZX5 but yeah, hopefully not in my case.
Sounds the same. Let us know though.

Don't worry too much, you'll be okay. :P
Holy s**t E, sorry for the language but that is serious bullshit. Extra warranty, brand new car with under 20,000kms. WTF is up with that dealership. I would actually contact the other one in Regina (whatever it is called, can't remember) and see if you can get your car taken there or seriously even mention Jubilee Ford. They are Western Canada's biggest Ford dealership the last time I heard. I can't believe this.....

Seriously I would very very seriously consider contacting Ford Canada and talking to them til they fix this. What a bunch of horseshit!!
I'm in the process of calling as we speak, will let you know how it goes.

And tyler talked to Percival, and they didn't say anything special as far as I know. I'll have to check it out though.

E
Yeah let me know, I might mention this to the guys at the dealership (I am very good friends with the shop foremans there) and see what they say. Seriously can't believe this, I can see them bitching if the car was at the end of it's warranty but the thing is brand new basically..... Let me know....
Okay, I just got off the phone and could scream.... :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

***takes deep breath***

Okay, I was on there until now. "Basically in terms of diagnosis, Ford Canada stands behind it's dealership in all situations" :huh:

Not a direct quote, but almost. I thought customers were supposed to be right, I realize not always, bu c'mon.

i told her everything including that my anger was not directed at her, and she said for the bad treatment they would lose "customer service ponits" big whoop. They don't seem to care that they've lost a customer and will have the badword spread.

I am even more angry now, and feel like no one will do anything to fix this situation short of me parting with over $1000 and that is not going to happen.

HHHHHHEEEEELLLLLPPPPP!

E.

P.S.
Does anyone have a machine gun I can borrow? <_<
Like DP said, go to your local paper and make sure you mention it to your dealership what your doing....
Pages: 1 2 3