FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Have The Turbo Bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Paparoach,Jun 10 2004, 02:21 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Jun 10 2004, 01:44 PM Wrote:yeesh.. fine, here it is: calculating volumetric efficiency

:D
Now I have grown to love you ;)

Thank you very much....off to reading.
Let me retrack my last statement I hate you....unless you have readings from your MAF when it was a stock unit both engine and MAF.

Which I doubt....

I think I am just gonna use 80% off to the bat cave. :D
Paparoach,Jun 10 2004, 06:32 PM Wrote:
Paparoach,Jun 10 2004, 02:21 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Jun 10 2004, 01:44 PM Wrote:yeesh.. fine, here it is: calculating volumetric efficiency

:D
Now I have grown to love you ;)

Thank you very much....off to reading.
Let me retrack my last statement I hate you....unless you have readings from your MAF when it was a stock unit both engine and MAF.

Which I doubt....

I think I am just gonna use 80% off to the bat cave. :D
I did some quick calcs..

at 110HP to the wheels, the car was injesting about 13.5lbs of air at 6500RPM

that numbers should be enough to fake a VE for yourself.
Nice....78.4% VE awesome........
Now boys and girls this is where I start to learn what turbo is the sheat for me car. :wub:
Paparoach,Jun 10 2004, 02:46 PM Wrote:Now boys and girls this is where I start to learn what turbo is the sheat for me car. :wub:
disca potata ;)
Flofocus,Jun 10 2004, 02:51 PM Wrote:
Paparoach,Jun 10 2004, 02:46 PM Wrote:Now boys and girls this is where I start to learn what turbo is the sheat for me car. :wub:
disca potata ;)
I have read a little about the potato do you know where I can find a map....GT28RS right?

I have some findings right now though....thank you puppet :D
frig....I'll try scanning a mag tonight, they have three pages dedicated to that turbo!
Flofocus,Jun 10 2004, 07:11 PM Wrote:frig....I'll try scanning a mag tonight, they have three pages dedicated to that turbo!
SCC by any chance?
That would be awesome because after FIGURING OUT what turbos would best be suited for our car. Seems like the:

T3 .60/.63 and the Potato

Are the two best....now I need to know about the units in particular.
the potato:

t-3 60 trim:
<a href='http://not2fast.wryday.com/turbo/maps/t3-60.gif'>[Image: t3-60.gif]

and t-3 super 60 trim:
<a href='http://not2fast.wryday.com/turbo/maps/t3-s60.gif'>[Image: t3-s60.gif]</a>
It actually seems like the T3 60 and 60 super trim are better suited for our car.

But I would love to know more about the potato. ;)
I think I am going to get a compressor map tatooed on my back. :lol:

Great article on BOVs and CBVs:

Click Me
Uhh, here is what it boils down to:

-T-bird T3, ~150$ used

-Disco potato, ~1200$US (probably, dual ball bearing GT series turbo's are mentally expensive)

I mean, the &quot;best&quot; turbo might be a dual ball bearing GT25 or something. Anything in the GT series will be 1000000% better then the standard turbo's...that's what you will find..however, consider the cost.

It's just not worth worrying about stuff like that...if you keep going with these remarks, I'll have to start calling you P-51..or arskiker... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:
No no I am done with that...just needed to know that stuff.

You were right okay..fuker.

But I do have another question:

If I understand correctly what a wastegate does one you have attain you maximum boost determined by the inside the wastegate it opens and exhaust bypass the turbine?

If that is true why a boost controller?
A wastegate vents excess exhaust flow. So when your boost controller sees x amount of boost, it can open the wastegate and allow the exhaust to bypass the turbine blades. This allows you to have a turbo small enough to prevent lag, without the risk of overspooling it.

Without a wastegate, boost continues to build, and you risk overspooling your turbo
I understand that the controller opens the wastegate....but why different spring setting if the controller opens it?
Wanna buy my setup? No, really.

Thinking of maybe doing a GT28R setup.

Quote:It's just not worth worrying about stuff like that...if you keep going with these remarks, I'll have to start calling you P-51..or arskiker...

WTF is that supposed to mean.
papa.. buy p-51's setup, fabby up yourself a FMIC for it, and you've got yourself some semi-budget, kickass performance. -- and you still get to weld stuff.
P-51,Jun 11 2004, 10:50 AM Wrote:Wanna buy my setup? No, really.
What is your setup first off?

Secondly someone answer my wastegate question.
*looks around*

Still waiting... ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5