FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Svt Tires
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey Guys....
Will 225/45/17s fit svt factory wheels ? will they rub or anything like that. one of my buddies has a set of slightly used contisports... liek 8000km on them that he wants to sell to me for cheap
that is a beefy tire with the 45 series. I think 225 were hard to fit even with a 40 series. If you plan on lowering it at all i would def stay clear.

As far as I knew, you could only get a 215 on that rim..... I think the SVT factory tire is a 205 though...

EDITED....

I was reading up this morning, seems like anything I could find recommended to stick with 205/45. Some posts even said with a 215 you might have rubbing issues. If that is the case, then damn a 225 would not be the way to go. I actually couldn't find any information about a 225/45 tire anywhere on a focus.
225/45/17's will fit on a SVT rims but with the stock SVT suspension will rub when pushed hard. But it can be done. There are several posts on [FJ] about running 225/45/17 Azenis and Kuhmo MX tires on 17x7 rims.

As for 225/40/17 I've never seen any tires in that size?

Jeremy

Nitto has a 225/40-17.......

Steeda caries a rebadge of this tire
why in hell do you need 225? the stock tires are 215/45/17 but in my opinion, its overkill,

Im going with a kumho 205/40/17 to replace my tires I hope to gain at least 1 tenth in the 1/4 mile.
i dont need em
but im getting one hell of a deal... my buddy had them on his bmw ... but they would rub (2.5 inch drop) so im gettin all 4 tires for less than 100.00
GET THEM...if not..let me know..ii'll give him 150.!!!!jajaja
:ph34r: :ph34r: :lol: :lol:
dad,Jun 1 2004, 05:23 PM Wrote:Nitto has a 225/40-17.......

Steeda caries a rebadge of this tire
Good to know.
french_connection,Jun 1 2004, 05:49 PM Wrote:why in hell do you need 225?  the stock tires are 215/45/17  but in my opinion, its overkill,

Im going with a kumho 205/40/17 to replace my tires I hope to gain at least 1 tenth in the 1/4 mile.
wider = better!
bullshit, wider dont mean better at all, wider mean slower, unless you realy need to hook up, which I strongly doubt since I run around 205 whp and dont have any traction problems...

admit its for the bling factor... <_<
french_connection,Jun 2 2004, 11:57 AM Wrote:bullshit, wider dont mean better at all, wider mean slower, unless you realy need to hook up, which I strongly doubt since I run around 205 whp and dont have any traction problems...

admit its for the bling factor... <_<
<_<

Ok, I'm not going to argue about which is better.
It's all about what you want.

Jeremy

P.S. "which I strongly doubt " -- don't ever assume man, it will bite you in the ass.
lol... come bite my ass if you can catch me.... lol....

;)
You're a tool
your just frustrated cuz I tell you the truth... who care if im a tool, at least I see clear... sorry to break your dream, but your 225 will cost you almost 1/3 of a seconde in the 1/4 mile... Plus, you will most likely rub holes in your fender wells...

btw, what kind of insult is that.. A TOOL... :rolleyes:

try a FROG... an ass hole, a jerk, a moron, a fucktard, a retard... whatever you wish, im all of them... but im not a tool... except for my wife...

:lol:
*looks at the two arguing in the corner*

is it safe to say that the useful discussion about wether the tire will fit is done?
darkpuppet,Jun 3 2004, 05:39 PM Wrote:*looks at the two arguing in the corner*

is it safe to say that the useful discussion about wether the tire will fit is done?
A long time ago.
JSI,Jun 1 2004, 11:05 PM Wrote:
french_connection,Jun 1 2004, 05:49 PM Wrote:why in hell do you need 225?  the stock tires are 215/45/17  but in my opinion, its overkill,

wider = better!
I don't know about this cause I have over 230whp and 270+wtq and all I have is 205/50/17"so you put on your WIDE tires and I'll keep my "skinny's" and we will see each other at the track :rolleyes: :unsure: :blink:
DD1,Jun 4 2004, 01:34 AM Wrote:
JSI,Jun 1 2004, 11:05 PM Wrote:

wider = better!
I don't know about this cause I have over 230whp and 270+wtq and all I have is 205/50/17"so you put on your WIDE tires and I'll keep my "skinny's" and we will see each other at the track :rolleyes: :unsure: :blink:
SRT-4's rule!

but still, I think the original question has been answered... if we want to go to the performance aspects, I'll let it continue-- for the sake of discussion.. name calling will lock this thread.
i agree with marc that if you don't need the extra traction wider tires are just for bling bling stylez

but at the same time.. i think there is advantage to having more contact patch.. you can get on the throttle sooner exiting a corner, you can carry more speed along the same line.. can brake harder without locking up..

i dunno.. i guess i would take 185/60/14 for my beater over 155/80/13 any day.. its not because the car has MaDD PoWA and has a hard time launching.. but it does a lot better in the twisties with more rubber
Pages: 1 2