FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: eibach pro-kit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i picked up a Eibach Pro Kit and wanted to know if you guys can tell me where i can get these installed? thanks
......any mechanic shop....
just springs?

your drive way with a socket set, jack, 2 stands and a springs compressor
(06-11-2010, 12:41 AM)X TUH BOARD Wrote: [ -> ]i picked up a Eibach Pro Kit and wanted to know if you guys can tell me where i can get these installed? thanks

Where are you located?
I'm located in Brampton/Mississauga area...
(06-11-2010, 09:32 AM)X TUH BOARD Wrote: [ -> ]I'm located in Brampton/Mississauga area...

I can hook you up with my mechanic in Brampton ... but as to what the others said, this really is a DIY job - especially if you're not also doing struts ... the cost of paying someone to do just springs is about the same as doing struts and springs - not very cost effective to do just one or the other.
i have never done it b4 so i'm not sure if i want to attempt it..plus i don't have a springs compressor
(06-11-2010, 11:06 AM)X TUH BOARD Wrote: [ -> ]i have never done it b4 so i'm not sure if i want to attempt it..plus i don't have a springs compressor

Partsource (part of the Canadian Tire org, lots of locations) - will lend you one for free (refundable deposit) ... but hey, I hear ya ... I used to do all that stuff myself and now I'd rather just pay someone else.

So if you're willing to spend the money, that's certainly up to you - don't let any of us stand in your way ... PM me if you want the contact info for my guy up here in Brampton.
Depending on the number of KMs and rust on the bolts/subframe, you may not be able to remove the bolts with hand tools. Impact tools will be requied. An air hammer and MAP torch was required on my car to remove the pinch bolt on the front struts. And it only has 35,000km.

As well, unless your car is only a year or two old, or never winter driven, odds are you will not be able to remove the rear LCA bolts without cutting off the entire LCA and replacing. It is possible to replace the spring with an internal spring compressor though.
(06-12-2010, 01:02 AM)Lowe9 Wrote: [ -> ]It is possible to replace the spring with an internal spring compressor though.

Possible, but a huge b!tch... Cool That's how I did it.

Front suspension: 2.5 hours
Rear suspension: 6.5 hours (due to spring compressor fun)
No compressor required for the rears. Just remove the outer lower control arm bolt at the wheel while it is supported by a jack and lower the control arm down and out of the way. Spring removed. Smile
(06-12-2010, 01:31 AM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: [ -> ]No compressor required for the rears. Just remove the outer lower control arm bolt at the wheel while it is supported by a jack and lower the control arm down and out of the way. Spring removed. Smile

But if the bolt is siezed in the bushing, which it is on a good portion of Canadian cars that have seen a single winter with salt, this won't work, even with air tools. The LCA has to be cut off.
i got quoted $260 in Mississauga and $240 in Scarbrough..both with Allingment done
(06-12-2010, 02:35 AM)X TUH BOARD Wrote: [ -> ]i got quoted $260 in Mississauga and $240 in Scarbrough..both with Allingment done

that would be a good price if you had to install stuts as well.

I remember when I was installing AND uninstalling springs on my car, i went to drive it out to the field, cover in gasolin and burn itDodgy
I paid $200 a couple years ago when I had my Eibach's installed and I didn't get an alignment. Now I will just do it myself from now on. After doing everything I just did to my car I think I can take on anything. Woot!!
anyone with tools willing to assist?
Dude, before you attempt doing this in your garage. Start spraying every bolt possible in that suspension for a week before trying lol. Sorry I just had a very bad experience and when I was swapping back to the stock suspension I actually had to buy new rear control arms cause bushings were so done for it.
(06-13-2010, 07:36 AM)NikiterZTS Wrote: [ -> ]Dude, before you attempt doing this in your garage. Start spraying every bolt possible in that suspension for a week before trying lol. Sorry I just had a very bad experience and when I was swapping back to the stock suspension I actually had to buy new rear control arms cause bushings were so done for it.

thanks for the heads up
I used PB Blaster when doing mine. The best penetrating fluid I've ever used! Grab a can, and soak your nuts. Big Grin Oh, and bolts too.
PB blaster for the win!!!! Also, if you look in On Demand 5 or Mitchell, removal of the rear LCA bolts is actually unnecessary to remove the spring. You must unbolt the shock from the trailing arm, pull the assembly down as much as you can, then use the spring compressor that canadian tire carries as a lend-a-tool. For the front McPherson strut, you must unbolt the bottom of the shock from the steering knuckle, then gently pry it out with a good pry bar. After that, you just have to unbolt it from the tower and yank her out, compress the spring, remove the pillow bearing, insert new spring, reinstall and get an alignment.
Pages: 1 2