FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ebay coilovers....?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK i have a set of "eBay" coilover i want to install in my 2000 zx3....

Has anyone used these yet?
i can't figure them out for the life of me....

I have

KYB top mounts
KYB GR2 shocks/struts
eBay "coilovers"

thanx in advance
Gord
dont you usually have to cut the perches off the front struts and weld the bottom sleeve one?
Hmm... well KYB doesn't do coilovers. Perhaps iots just a height adjustment on the rear spring.

But I'd say No Go!!!

I have a set of used Apex 1.5" springs for $60 if you want.
the rears will be like every other kit out there, its the fronts that you have to do the work on
i know KYB doesn't do coilovers LMAO

these are ebay coilover sleeves... you know the wanna-be coilovers

and i'm pairing them up with the KYB's
(09-14-2010, 05:59 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]dont you usually have to cut the perches off the front struts and weld the bottom sleeve one?

The sleeves don't even fit down that far

it looks like it just fits over the part of the strut that travels
what happen to d2 u have?
not going to install?
(09-14-2010, 06:23 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: [ -> ]what happen to d2 u have?
not going to install?

Yeah the "ebay" ones are going on the 2000 focus zx3 (EVO3)
D2's are going on the 2002 zx3 lol
if they dont fit down far enough, you have to do a couple things

a) grind the s**t out of them
b) grind the GR2 down
c) try em on a stock shock and see whats up

usually those ebay kits are designed for a stock shock, and in most cases still wont fit that. they make them generic so they fit a variety of vehicles so dont be surprised if they dont work

last but not least good luck and let us know how it all works out. if it works out good i think i mayb grab a set and mess around with a 3.5" drops LOL
If i put them together the way i think they are supposed to go....

then it would have no top mount? which is really F'd up
you have to reuse the strut mount from the factory set up

basically like installing lowering springs, goes strut mount, top hat, springs, locking collars, threaded collar then strut from top to bottom
yeah these don't seem to work that way.....

I looks like (from the bottom up) strut, coil seat, coil spring, threaded sleeve with locking collars. The threaded sleeve has a hole opening that only the threaded part of the strut fits through, but with the threaded sleeve on top the strut mount doesn't fit. Man this is really F'd up!!