Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebay coilovers....?
OK i have a set of "eBay" coilover i want to install in my 2000 zx3....

Has anyone used these yet?
i can't figure them out for the life of me....

I have

KYB top mounts
KYB GR2 shocks/struts
eBay "coilovers"

thanx in advance
Gord
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
dont you usually have to cut the perches off the front struts and weld the bottom sleeve one?
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
Hmm... well KYB doesn't do coilovers. Perhaps iots just a height adjustment on the rear spring.

But I'd say No Go!!!

I have a set of used Apex 1.5" springs for $60 if you want.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

the rears will be like every other kit out there, its the fronts that you have to do the work on

i know KYB doesn't do coilovers LMAO

these are ebay coilover sleeves... you know the wanna-be coilovers

and i'm pairing them up with the KYB's
(09-14-2010, 05:59 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: dont you usually have to cut the perches off the front struts and weld the bottom sleeve one?

The sleeves don't even fit down that far

it looks like it just fits over the part of the strut that travels
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
what happen to d2 u have?
not going to install?
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
(09-14-2010, 06:23 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: what happen to d2 u have?
not going to install?

Yeah the "ebay" ones are going on the 2000 focus zx3 (EVO3)
D2's are going on the 2002 zx3 lol
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting
if they dont fit down far enough, you have to do a couple things

a) grind the s**t out of them
b) grind the GR2 down
c) try em on a stock shock and see whats up

usually those ebay kits are designed for a stock shock, and in most cases still wont fit that. they make them generic so they fit a variety of vehicles so dont be surprised if they dont work

last but not least good luck and let us know how it all works out. if it works out good i think i mayb grab a set and mess around with a 3.5" drops LOL

If i put them together the way i think they are supposed to go....

then it would have no top mount? which is really F'd up
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting
you have to reuse the strut mount from the factory set up

basically like installing lowering springs, goes strut mount, top hat, springs, locking collars, threaded collar then strut from top to bottom

yeah these don't seem to work that way.....

I looks like (from the bottom up) strut, coil seat, coil spring, threaded sleeve with locking collars. The threaded sleeve has a hole opening that only the threaded part of the strut fits through, but with the threaded sleeve on top the strut mount doesn't fit. Man this is really F'd up!!
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting