FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: etest/safety?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how much will it cost if car is in good condition and doesn't require anything to be fixed?
and where should i take it to?
quick search on google shows that canadian tire will try to sell parts because their mechanics are on commission.
(10-09-2010, 09:39 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: [ -> ]how much will it cost if car is in good condition and doesn't require anything to be fixed?
and where should i take it to?
quick search on google shows that canadian tire will try to sell parts because their mechanics are on commission.

Your looking at an hour or 2 labour and then what else they think is unsafe with your vehicle. Plus for some unknown reason if they do infact see a safety flaw with your car and the safety is up. They can stop you from taking the car back on the road again or call MTO and inform them about the car. Shops are stupid.

I think my buddy charges $100 for a safety and Etest is up to you.
i am talking to guy on kijiji, his car is zx3 with keyless but no pw and no pm, that is not a big problem for me, i can swap mine no problem.

his price is good but he won't do etest/safetied for me..
Ask him if you can take it to a shop before you buy to confirm it's condition. It's really the only way to ensure you aren't getting screwed.
Etest is 35$, Certification is anywhere from 40-70$ depending on who and how they do it!

if he is not doing etest and safety then just walk away. Something probably wrong with it and he doesnt want to admit it! Tel him you will pay the 100$ extra fee, but car MUST be certified and etested.
I find the best places for a safety are small little garages nobody has heard about in some out-skirts town. Unfortunately because I was working, had my wife bring the Focus in (garage charged $75), and they wanted $700 to repair it .... using all used parts. I put a little exhaust compound on the EGR tube, dropped in a SVT suspension kit for $300 and went somewhere else and had my safety for $50.
Leo really I would tell him that you will take the car to your mechanic to look at it.... I can get you a safety and e-test.
yeah i will look elsewhere..
i really hate this kijiji posters..he just post his car 2 days ago, and i contacted him..
now his post is gone and he is not replying back to me..

same thing happened to the one in windsor..
Maybe they sold and have blocked the replies in their e-mail.
(10-10-2010, 10:02 AM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe they sold and have blocked the replies in their e-mail.

i didn't know focus is that popular..sold less than 24 hours
If the price is right anything will sell. Hell even potatoes that look like Jesus sell on e-bay. LOL