Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
etest/safety?
how much will it cost if car is in good condition and doesn't require anything to be fixed?
and where should i take it to?
quick search on google shows that canadian tire will try to sell parts because their mechanics are on commission.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
(10-09-2010, 09:39 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: how much will it cost if car is in good condition and doesn't require anything to be fixed?
and where should i take it to?
quick search on google shows that canadian tire will try to sell parts because their mechanics are on commission.

Your looking at an hour or 2 labour and then what else they think is unsafe with your vehicle. Plus for some unknown reason if they do infact see a safety flaw with your car and the safety is up. They can stop you from taking the car back on the road again or call MTO and inform them about the car. Shops are stupid.

I think my buddy charges $100 for a safety and Etest is up to you.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

i am talking to guy on kijiji, his car is zx3 with keyless but no pw and no pm, that is not a big problem for me, i can swap mine no problem.

his price is good but he won't do etest/safetied for me..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Ask him if you can take it to a shop before you buy to confirm it's condition. It's really the only way to ensure you aren't getting screwed.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Etest is 35$, Certification is anywhere from 40-70$ depending on who and how they do it!

if he is not doing etest and safety then just walk away. Something probably wrong with it and he doesnt want to admit it! Tel him you will pay the 100$ extra fee, but car MUST be certified and etested.
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

I find the best places for a safety are small little garages nobody has heard about in some out-skirts town. Unfortunately because I was working, had my wife bring the Focus in (garage charged $75), and they wanted $700 to repair it .... using all used parts. I put a little exhaust compound on the EGR tube, dropped in a SVT suspension kit for $300 and went somewhere else and had my safety for $50.
Leo really I would tell him that you will take the car to your mechanic to look at it.... I can get you a safety and e-test.
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]
yeah i will look elsewhere..
i really hate this kijiji posters..he just post his car 2 days ago, and i contacted him..
now his post is gone and he is not replying back to me..

same thing happened to the one in windsor..
Maybe they sold and have blocked the replies in their e-mail.

(10-10-2010, 10:02 AM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: Maybe they sold and have blocked the replies in their e-mail.

i didn't know focus is that popular..sold less than 24 hours
If the price is right anything will sell. Hell even potatoes that look like Jesus sell on e-bay. LOL