FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Best exhaust system for 2010 ford focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

I'm starting to look at exhausts for my 2010 ford focus, but i'm having a hard time trying to choose the best one. I DON'T want it to sound ricey (cuz it just reminds me of shitty civics). I want it to sound deep but not too loud. any suggestions? Tongue I was looking at FSWERKS or a Magnaflow..
(12-22-2010, 05:15 AM)amandina_xo Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys,

I'm starting to look at exhausts for my 2010 ford focus, but i'm having a hard time trying to choose the best one. I DON'T want it to sound ricey (cuz it just reminds me of shitty civics). I want it to sound deep but not too loud. any suggestions? Tongue I was looking at FSWERKS or a Magnaflow..

MBRP (a Canadian mfgr in Huntsville) used to make a beautiful sounding and high-quality exhaust for Focus that had the added benefit of being inexpensive.

They recently de-listed Focus from their product line-up, but we've heard stories that they still have some or are in fact willing to make them to order.

I haven't heard the FSWERKS setup, but the reviews seem positive especially for their stealth setup.

Magnaflow has a part # on their site for the 2010 but it isn't loaded into our system yet. The # is 15550 but they do not have pricing on that either. I will keep searching my suppliers.

MBRP was the best. I have it on my ride. I would call them and see if they would do a custom build. They have moved the nature of their business in to 4X4 and off road.
well since i am a FSWerks fanboy, that is by nature what i would recommend, but if you dont want it to loud, pick up a stealth exhaust. the only other thing is, magnaflow makes the mufflers for the FSwerks exhaust, so really you can buy a magnaflow and add in another canister style muffler in the center section and it will sound identical.
I think i'm going to get the FSWerks Race Exhaust. I like the sound better on the race over the stealth, the stealth is too quiet and not as deep sounding as the race. The MBRP does sound the best out of the all the exhausts but I'm honestly not too too picky over what exhaust brand I get, as long as it dosen't sound ricey lol
MBRP if you can still get it.
i bought the last MRBP kit in september....muhuhahhahaaaa Big Grin
I think I started with a Ractive unit (2.25" polished SS, mandrel bent with a single "muffler" - I use that term loosely - and a nice 3" polished tip). It's crap the way it sits, but makes for a nice, inexpensive foundation for a proper system. I chopped off the header flange, bumped up some spare SS tubing and welded in a 2.5" cat, 2.5" resonator and 2.25" reducer under the tunnel (i.e. before the first bend and supplied "muffler"). It certainly has a unique sound and revs up effortlessly now - the way it should have arrived from the factory.
My wife (principal driver) returned from her trip to Poland with a sinus infection that compromised her aural faculties. She drove her Focus to the doctor's office on the second day back and didn't notice a difference in the exhaust tone.
The next week her health improved and she resumed her usual driving activities and, while I was in the car, asked "Did you do something to the car? It sounds louder than I remember." Taking a page from Clinton, I denied everything, until she remembered that I mentioned something about replacing the exhaust. I fessed up and told her about the whole system. She laughed it off as the exhaust tone isn't obnoxious and she actually likes the growl ("it sounds like a sports car!"). Later she went on the highway and couldn't believe the acceleration. All in all I think she's happy with the sound and power. She later said "Wouldn't it be funny if you built a turbo system for the Focus so that I could blow by unsuspecting BMWs!" Another seed has been planted in my fertile mind.
(12-23-2010, 01:41 AM)amandina_xo Wrote: [ -> ]I think i'm going to get the FSWerks Race Exhaust. I like the sound better on the race over the stealth, the stealth is too quiet and not as deep sounding as the race. The MBRP does sound the best out of the all the exhausts but I'm honestly not too too picky over what exhaust brand I get, as long as it dosen't sound ricey lol

Just a thought (not trying to dissuade you in any way) but once you land the FSWerks exhaust it will probably cost you in the neighbourhood of $530 CAD ... the last MBRP exhaust I purchased (for my late 07 wagon) I got on special at 289 ... and they routinely sold for less than 350 ... I don't know about you, but for me the possibility of saving 180 bucks is worth a phone call.
hmm.. two people have said now to go with MBRP exhaust. What would the number be to call and what exactly would I ask them? If they could order me a MBRP exhaust for my focus?
MBRP = 1-888-636-7223. Ask if they would do a custom install on your 2010. Tell them you are from Focus Canada, and you would drive to Huntsville for the install.
they speak the truth on how much the FSWerks one will cost, i paid about 70$ shipping (now if they do it for you USPS u can get it cheaper) another 389$ for the exhaust and about 40$ at the border (only because i have a broker) so all in it cost me around 500$

also, the FSWerks and the Magnaflow sound the exact same as they are the same mufflers... just saying as you can likely get the magnaflow for 400$ or so
Thanks for the phone number Focus man. Focus I'l give them a call and see if they can do it for me!
Borla is my choice for exhaust systems. But they are a pretty penny.
+1 more to mbrp, 2.5'' svt system was the nicest tone ever, with a header on everyone will hear you coming lol.

p.s. come back to bbm chat amanda!
My conversation with Martin Barkey earlier this year was... disappointing. They've bailed on sport compacts completely.

MBRP WAS the best pound-for-pound, dollar for dollar exhaust for the Focus. Now, I'd say go either FSWerks or Magnaflow.

This from the guy that had MBRP use his car as the "re-engineering mule" for the Duratec exhausts. I miss the sound of my 2.0 Duratec with the 2.5" MBRP and the secondary cat removed.

The Zetec with the Magnaflow is doing an awesome job of making me happy tho Smile Can't wait to finally bolt on the header and hi-flow cat in the spring.
(12-24-2010, 10:27 PM)NOS2Go4Me Wrote: [ -> ]My conversation with Martin Barkey earlier this year was... disappointing. They've bailed on sport compacts completely.

Hey Adam ... Merry Christmas btw ... did Martin give you any indication that they would consider a group buy or a quantity purchase ... I'm thinking that if I bought 10 kits or so at a price, I could probably sell them and make a bit of dough ray me.
I'd be interested in something of that sort, eventually... but I have a slightly different idea in mind.
Hey Ken,

I have no idea on the availability of units right now, someone who wants one should call and inquire.

Merry Christmas to you too! My Magnaflow's holding up well, so unless there was a SVT 2.5" kit available for my upgrade ideas for Subsonic, I'm out.
Try and find one.... +3 on the MBRP!!!
Pages: 1 2