FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: No more EVO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(03-03-2011, 06:46 AM)NikiterZTS Wrote: [ -> ]Funny, every Focus thread somehow goes into WRX or STi.

By the way Mitsubishi is going to stop producing EVO's. Just saying.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/blogs/autocarco...-more.aspx

Quote:The Lancer Evolution X, Eusegi told me, will be the last Evo. “There is still a demand [for the car],” he said, “but we must stop.” Eyebrow up.

“Our influence now is EV technology,” Eusegi said, adding that the decision was a “policy change”.

Any of you go to the Toronto car show? The mitsu booth was mostly hybrids.

Funny that US manufactures are in the middle of horsepower/displacement wars with a pending "gas crisis", yet others are looking at solely EV, some can see the future better than others I guess.
I don't think the EVOs sell well in NA.... I see way more eclipses for the people who want the 'performance' look.
Lol
Evo have no problem selling trust me.
you say they are having a horsepower war, however in the process of this, they are making some damn efficient motors and ones making very nice power and still being friendly at the pump.

look at ecoboost that ford has, better fuel economy, less emissions and more power. pretty much a no brainer if you ask me. the electric focus is on its way in, along with all the hybrids that are in. they are moving in the right direction.

we may be coming into an oil crisis again, but whos to say the same wont happen with electricity? we had a massive power outage back how many years ago, whats going to happen if every tree hugger has their car plugged in? power outages, high electricity bills and fees out the anus.

you can replace gas with electric, but thing will go south the exact same way. just wait and see
yeah, thats the argument I'm hearing, your hydro bill is going to increase also...but those same people assume gas prices wont increase. Gas prices are going through the roof and will continue to do so.
(03-04-2011, 05:51 AM)NikiterZTS Wrote: [ -> ]Lol

They don't sell well here at all.

How many Evo X's have sold in NA in the last couple of years?
im sure no one cares. Ive since moved from selling SVT for Summit ford to now selling for erin mills mitsubishi. My self and Burnin21( matt) both work there in sales. let me tell you these cars dont sell to well, they sit and sit and sit. there fun, stupid quick, the maintanence is uncontrolably expensive. a clutch costing thousands just in the GSR model, let alone the MR with the twin clutch tranny....or auto for short lol. They dont sell. Kids come in after playing gran tursimo and want to touch it and sit in it, and thats it. It just draws lookers and no real buyers. when someone does buy one the bank shuts them down and they can never get financed. the cars are fun, not really worth the cash they're very expensive costing nearly 50g's tax in on the GSR and nearly touching 60 when you buy the MR. The reason people dont buy, is usually because subaru is cheaper. The EVO's Super all wheel control can distribute power left and right as well as front to back at the same time, and the STI can only do front to back distrubution. so the more money spent can be worth it, but not like 5000 dollers worth it at the end of the day, its over priced, a very rare car to come across on the street, and it wont really be missed to much. other than that the production is no longer. After working the auto show this year for mitsu, they are investing heavily into the electric stuff. It'll be lame, but thats our future.
electric motors...hmmm...
(03-04-2011, 09:40 AM)SVTseller Wrote: [ -> ]im sure no one cares. Ive since moved from selling SVT for Summit ford to now selling for erin mills mitsubishi. My self and Burnin21( matt) both work there in sales. let me tell you these cars dont sell to well, they sit and sit and sit. there fun, stupid quick, the maintanence is uncontrolably expensive. a clutch costing thousands just in the GSR model, let alone the MR with the twin clutch tranny....or auto for short lol. They dont sell. Kids come in after playing gran tursimo and want to touch it and sit in it, and thats it. It just draws lookers and no real buyers. when someone does buy one the bank shuts them down and they can never get financed. the cars are fun, not really worth the cash they're very expensive costing nearly 50g's tax in on the GSR and nearly touching 60 when you buy the MR. The reason people dont buy, is usually because subaru is cheaper. The EVO's Super all wheel control can distribute power left and right as well as front to back at the same time, and the STI can only do front to back distrubution. so the more money spent can be worth it, but not like 5000 dollers worth it at the end of the day, its over priced, a very rare car to come across on the street, and it wont really be missed to much. other than that the production is no longer. After working the auto show this year for mitsu, they are investing heavily into the electric stuff. It'll be lame, but thats our future.

I agree with you 100% on this because lately with the Mitsubishi's that are coming at my work have been bank repos, like 1 out of every 3 Mitsubishi's that come in are EVO's...
ya we have had a few come in all bank repo's. people splurge and cant afford them. the monthly payment with nothing down is close to 1000 a month, if you finance for the maximum amount of years you can. its rediculous. Again fun car, but still not realistic for our market. they dont sell. mitsu, is going electric. you'll see the hybrid's soon, gas and electric, from this company.
(03-04-2011, 06:33 AM)darkpuppet Wrote: [ -> ]

How many Evo X's have sold in NA in the last couple of years?

Buddy works as a tech at Cambridge Mitsubishi. Says they come and go. They keep moving those cars.
I drove Evo X there. It's a nice car. Nice power out of the box.
i read 2046 Lancer GSR/MR models were sold in the states. So even worse here.

Sorry Nik - but thats garbage in terms of sales.
(03-05-2011, 06:36 AM)Flofocus Wrote: [ -> ]i read 2046 Lancer GSR/MR models were sold in the states. So even worse here.

Sorry Nik - but thats garbage in terms of sales.

that's, like, pontiac aztek territory..

I love the EVOs... I wish they would keep them around... having the choice between an STI and EVO was win-win for consumers.
Except when it comes time to insure either unless yer 50+ and have a clean driving record Dodgy

NefCanuck
how's the number compare to evo VIII and evo IX? those seems to sell well in the states, and now that it is allowed to be imported to canada those seems like a better option. well, you could always get a DSM...lol those are 1st gen evo...
(03-05-2011, 12:57 PM)NefCanuck Wrote: [ -> ]Except when it comes time to insure either unless yer 50+ and have a clean driving record Dodgy

NefCanuck

My subaru isn't that bad at all to ensure, not sure about the gsr model, but it can't be that much more....

2007 nitro, 2006 wrx, 160/month.
(03-06-2011, 12:00 AM)Flofocus Wrote: [ -> ]My subaru isn't that bad at all to ensure, not sure about the gsr model, but it can't be that much more....

That's 'cause the insurance company doesn't know you Tongue .. you head-faked 'em with the family.....
(03-05-2011, 12:57 PM)NefCanuck Wrote: [ -> ]Except when it comes time to insure either unless yer 50+ and have a clean driving record Dodgy

NefCanuck

This is not always the case. Just because you drive somewhat a sporty car it doesn't mean you pay out of your ass. Seems like it's a sterio type. My rate for 2 cars is pretty good.
(03-06-2011, 12:08 AM)darkpuppet Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-06-2011, 12:00 AM)Flofocus Wrote: [ -> ]My subaru isn't that bad at all to ensure, not sure about the gsr model, but it can't be that much more....

That's 'cause the insurance company doesn't know you Tongue .. you head-faked 'em with the family.....

I also dont live in toronto, and both cars get less than 15000km/year now that we both take the bus.
Pages: 1 2