FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dyno Day?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hey guys Im currently in Talks with DaSilva to put together another Dyno day since we had such a great turnout last year.

Do you guys have any suggestions on what weekend to run it?

or what to do different this year?

Here is the posting from last year.Dyno Day 2010
I'd be down if I can run two tunes....I want to compare the stock PW tune with my current tune. Seat of pants dyno says I lost a #$#$load of HP.

So run+10minute reflash+run....going to stock usually never fails, its reflashing so risk is there. I'm ok with paying a marginal fee for this "service".
If my project ride is resurrected by then, sure.
I'm interested. I can't say what weekend yet though, I don't know what'll work for me.

maaaaaaaaybe invite the mazda guys out? I lurked their forum and they seem to be looking forward to meeting up with us again on MASIV mondays so maybe we can do it up this year and do some combined events?
I need to unload the SLOCUS tag dammit(although I probably wont). I'm in!!!!!
im in again
im game again, need to get some new #s with new tuning and add ons
i'd be down for another dyno day, cept it better not be that same BS as last time where we cycled through everyone in the matter of like 30 minutes.
(03-24-2011, 07:29 AM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: [ -> ]I need to unload the SLOCUS tag dammit(although I probably wont). I'm in!!!!!

dont worry Kevin, last year i just beat you .This year you will kill my wagon

I'm in. Should be able to go.
if i still have the svt im in. heck if i have the f150 ill dyno it lol.
(03-24-2011, 02:57 PM)Spinal Wrote: [ -> ]i'd be down for another dyno day, cept it better not be that same BS as last time where we cycled through everyone in the matter of like 30 minutes.

I agree. I'd rather have a dyno DAY than a dyno "see how many cars I can fit in at once and make as much money possible so I can then leave as fast as possible" half-hour.

also, better pricing this year. We did it once, it was a success. He can do it again for a better price.
Hey guys to respond to some of the comments, I will work out the details on pricing but it will more than likely be the same. It was a success for us but they have much bigger annual dyno days and they all pay the same thing. As for rushing thru the cars thats how DaSilva rolls they can go thru 100 cars in an afternoon there is no slow pace for them. But we can always plan something after the dyno day like a small cruise or a photo shoot. Kev as for having down town while your sitting on the dyno I'm not to sure but I will ask. I deff don't have a problem with asking the Mazda guys out after we set the details if you guys are members over there post it up.
I'm in. i missed last year and regret it. keep updating, it sounds like a fun day and i would loved to meet some more focus drivers.
(03-25-2011, 07:07 AM)ZX3_2NV Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys to respond to some of the comments, I will work out the details on pricing but it will more than likely be the same. It was a success for us but they have much bigger annual dyno days and they all pay the same thing. As for rushing thru the cars thats how DaSilva rolls they can go thru 100 cars in an afternoon there is no slow pace for them. But we can always plan something after the dyno day like a small cruise or a photo shoot. Kev as for having down town while your sitting on the dyno I'm not to sure but I will ask. I deff don't have a problem with asking the Mazda guys out after we set the details if you guys are members over there post it up.

What about finding a new place to do it then?

And, just give the OK and I'll post it there. A few of them seemed to look forward to seeing us at the monday meets, i dont know how much crossover there was between the two groups in the past but it'd be neat to have two decent sized groups into one bigger one.
(03-25-2011, 02:07 PM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-25-2011, 07:07 AM)ZX3_2NV Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys to respond to some of the comments, I will work out the details on pricing but it will more than likely be the same. It was a success for us but they have much bigger annual dyno days and they all pay the same thing. As for rushing thru the cars thats how DaSilva rolls they can go thru 100 cars in an afternoon there is no slow pace for them. But we can always plan something after the dyno day like a small cruise or a photo shoot. Kev as for having down town while your sitting on the dyno I'm not to sure but I will ask. I deff don't have a problem with asking the Mazda guys out after we set the details if you guys are members over there post it up.

What about finding a new place to do it then?

And, just give the OK and I'll post it there. A few of them seemed to look forward to seeing us at the monday meets, i dont know how much crossover there was between the two groups in the past but it'd be neat to have two decent sized groups into one bigger one.

FWIW the last time we had a dyno day at Steeda, Pat didn't mind if we took the time between pulls to reflash the ECU ... now, having said that, both the Fusion and the Zetec Focus took no more than 60 seconds or so to reflash ... IIRC the SVT takes considerably longer.
If DaSilva wants to treat a community day as a meatgrinder, I'm out. I didn't realize it was at DaSilva. I'm not a Steeda fan, but if they're going to be a little more respectful then sure - I'll go there.

And Daniel and I need AWD dynos, LOL! Just in case the ZX3 isn't ready in time.
TBH, I liked Steeda better than DaSilva. Plus Pat seems pretty cool.
to be honest here, i would go da silva over steeda. one main reason being, they know how to calibrate a dyno properly and its not a MD its a Dynojet which is far more accurate. We are dynoing cars, why have a 10 minute break in between? it was quick, however if we want to do more then why dont we have a bbq or go out for a cruise and some grub. lots of things we can do to make the day more eventful.

We can also compare dynos to last year as it will be the same dyno just different ambient temps

plus, after all the crap steeda has pulled in the past, i dont dyno there whether it was free even. i dont want them touching my car regardless of the situation.
should do the dyno in the AM a small cruse to a small show n shine after at a place where people could eat if they wanted or do what ever.

Pages: 1 2 3 4