Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dyno Day?
Hey guys Im currently in Talks with DaSilva to put together another Dyno day since we had such a great turnout last year.

Do you guys have any suggestions on what weekend to run it?

or what to do different this year?

Here is the posting from last year.Dyno Day 2010
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
I'd be down if I can run two tunes....I want to compare the stock PW tune with my current tune. Seat of pants dyno says I lost a #$#$load of HP.

So run+10minute reflash+run....going to stock usually never fails, its reflashing so risk is there. I'm ok with paying a marginal fee for this "service".
If my project ride is resurrected by then, sure.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I'm interested. I can't say what weekend yet though, I don't know what'll work for me.

maaaaaaaaybe invite the mazda guys out? I lurked their forum and they seem to be looking forward to meeting up with us again on MASIV mondays so maybe we can do it up this year and do some combined events?
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
I need to unload the SLOCUS tag dammit(although I probably wont). I'm in!!!!!
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
im in again
It my not be fast but its LOUD
im game again, need to get some new #s with new tuning and add ons
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
i'd be down for another dyno day, cept it better not be that same BS as last time where we cycled through everyone in the matter of like 30 minutes.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
(03-24-2011, 07:29 AM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: I need to unload the SLOCUS tag dammit(although I probably wont). I'm in!!!!!

dont worry Kevin, last year i just beat you .This year you will kill my wagon

It my not be fast but its LOUD
I'm in. Should be able to go.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
if i still have the svt im in. heck if i have the f150 ill dyno it lol.
In Europe FORD is pronounced "\kwa-le-te\"

2008 f250 6.4 powerstroke/twin turbo/crew cab/XLT/4x4 Edge programmer, Cat and Dpf delete, mbrp exhaust. 650hp 850ft/tq.....
2002 red SVT sport'in European Appearance package rims, AEM cai, #4111 of 4788, ranger 12v plug cover, 4500k HID HI/LO, eibach springs, H&R 15mm wheel spacers. sold Sad
2000 yellow zx3 sold
1994 mazda mx3 sold
1992 ford festiva (RIP)
(03-24-2011, 02:57 PM)Spinal Wrote: i'd be down for another dyno day, cept it better not be that same BS as last time where we cycled through everyone in the matter of like 30 minutes.

I agree. I'd rather have a dyno DAY than a dyno "see how many cars I can fit in at once and make as much money possible so I can then leave as fast as possible" half-hour.

also, better pricing this year. We did it once, it was a success. He can do it again for a better price.
Hey guys to respond to some of the comments, I will work out the details on pricing but it will more than likely be the same. It was a success for us but they have much bigger annual dyno days and they all pay the same thing. As for rushing thru the cars thats how DaSilva rolls they can go thru 100 cars in an afternoon there is no slow pace for them. But we can always plan something after the dyno day like a small cruise or a photo shoot. Kev as for having down town while your sitting on the dyno I'm not to sure but I will ask. I deff don't have a problem with asking the Mazda guys out after we set the details if you guys are members over there post it up.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
I'm in. i missed last year and regret it. keep updating, it sounds like a fun day and i would loved to meet some more focus drivers.
Current: 2006 Focus ZX4 ST. Tuxedo Black and Sterling Grey
Mods: 7" double din Alpine touch screen audio unit, K&N typhoon CAI, Steeda short shifter, custom two tone paint, rear wing delete, Angel eye headlight kit with 6000K HID upgrade, tinted windows, tail lights, and marker lights, Eibach Sportline springs on Tokico shocks and struts, Eibach front and rear sway bar kit. 17x7 Ikon Black Zen Wheels. Massive front and rear upper strut bar.
(03-25-2011, 07:07 AM)ZX3_2NV Wrote: Hey guys to respond to some of the comments, I will work out the details on pricing but it will more than likely be the same. It was a success for us but they have much bigger annual dyno days and they all pay the same thing. As for rushing thru the cars thats how DaSilva rolls they can go thru 100 cars in an afternoon there is no slow pace for them. But we can always plan something after the dyno day like a small cruise or a photo shoot. Kev as for having down town while your sitting on the dyno I'm not to sure but I will ask. I deff don't have a problem with asking the Mazda guys out after we set the details if you guys are members over there post it up.

What about finding a new place to do it then?

And, just give the OK and I'll post it there. A few of them seemed to look forward to seeing us at the monday meets, i dont know how much crossover there was between the two groups in the past but it'd be neat to have two decent sized groups into one bigger one.
(03-25-2011, 02:07 PM)Mystake Wrote:
(03-25-2011, 07:07 AM)ZX3_2NV Wrote: Hey guys to respond to some of the comments, I will work out the details on pricing but it will more than likely be the same. It was a success for us but they have much bigger annual dyno days and they all pay the same thing. As for rushing thru the cars thats how DaSilva rolls they can go thru 100 cars in an afternoon there is no slow pace for them. But we can always plan something after the dyno day like a small cruise or a photo shoot. Kev as for having down town while your sitting on the dyno I'm not to sure but I will ask. I deff don't have a problem with asking the Mazda guys out after we set the details if you guys are members over there post it up.

What about finding a new place to do it then?

And, just give the OK and I'll post it there. A few of them seemed to look forward to seeing us at the monday meets, i dont know how much crossover there was between the two groups in the past but it'd be neat to have two decent sized groups into one bigger one.

FWIW the last time we had a dyno day at Steeda, Pat didn't mind if we took the time between pulls to reflash the ECU ... now, having said that, both the Fusion and the Zetec Focus took no more than 60 seconds or so to reflash ... IIRC the SVT takes considerably longer.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
If DaSilva wants to treat a community day as a meatgrinder, I'm out. I didn't realize it was at DaSilva. I'm not a Steeda fan, but if they're going to be a little more respectful then sure - I'll go there.

And Daniel and I need AWD dynos, LOL! Just in case the ZX3 isn't ready in time.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
TBH, I liked Steeda better than DaSilva. Plus Pat seems pretty cool.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
to be honest here, i would go da silva over steeda. one main reason being, they know how to calibrate a dyno properly and its not a MD its a Dynojet which is far more accurate. We are dynoing cars, why have a 10 minute break in between? it was quick, however if we want to do more then why dont we have a bbq or go out for a cruise and some grub. lots of things we can do to make the day more eventful.

We can also compare dynos to last year as it will be the same dyno just different ambient temps

plus, after all the crap steeda has pulled in the past, i dont dyno there whether it was free even. i dont want them touching my car regardless of the situation.
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
should do the dyno in the AM a small cruse to a small show n shine after at a place where people could eat if they wanted or do what ever.

In Europe FORD is pronounced "\kwa-le-te\"

2008 f250 6.4 powerstroke/twin turbo/crew cab/XLT/4x4 Edge programmer, Cat and Dpf delete, mbrp exhaust. 650hp 850ft/tq.....
2002 red SVT sport'in European Appearance package rims, AEM cai, #4111 of 4788, ranger 12v plug cover, 4500k HID HI/LO, eibach springs, H&R 15mm wheel spacers. sold Sad
2000 yellow zx3 sold
1994 mazda mx3 sold
1992 ford festiva (RIP)