FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: almost got into an accident
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
this is same fuel pump issue in 2000 focus..
tank was little bit less than 1/4 full, i was turing hard right entering gardiner on kipling. i was going uphill, car was bogging and almost like misfiring, thanks god there was not much cars at my back and i could pull right onto shoulder.
I restarted car and i was able to move and made safe to gas station.
(04-13-2011, 06:24 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: [ -> ]this is same fuel pump issue in 2000 focus..
tank was little bit less than 1/4 full, i was turing hard right entering gardiner on kipling. i was going uphill, car was bogging and almost like misfiring, thanks god there was not much cars at my back and i could pull right onto shoulder.
I restarted car and i was able to move and made safe to gas station.

Fuel pump ... or fuel filter? Change the filter first - that could very well be your problem.
same thing happened on my 2000 kona around 2009 or something..
but yeah, i will have to try fuel filter first and if it does same thing, i gotta go to the dealer for recall..
(04-13-2011, 08:31 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: [ -> ]same thing happened on my 2000 kona around 2009 or something..
but yeah, i will have to try fuel filter first and if it does same thing, i gotta go to the dealer for recall..

think that was only a max 10 year recall.
oh no.. 10 yrs?

does anybody know how to drop fuel tank??
i might have to swap from kona to current focus..

or i will pay you $$ and come to my place and swap for me?
ok this doesn't make any sense to me..i was heading to my work, stop on uphill, half clutch, gave it a gas, wtf??nothing and was moving a bit and cutting out few and stalled.

then my fuel gauge was less than 1/4, i just filled gas yesterday to 1/2..i ignored and heading to work, fuel gauge was slowly moving up to 1/2..
now what this got to do with fuel delievery module or fuel pump??

i am going to go get fuel filter today and replace first.
I had a huge issue with my fuel pump back last year, just squeezed in the 10 yr warranty. Got the pump replaced under warranty and as far as I know its the SVT pump that they put in for the recall. She runs like a beaut after, but the most bizarre problems were popping up when I was under 1/2 tank. Chances are you're going to need a new fuel pump Sad