Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
almost got into an accident
this is same fuel pump issue in 2000 focus..
tank was little bit less than 1/4 full, i was turing hard right entering gardiner on kipling. i was going uphill, car was bogging and almost like misfiring, thanks god there was not much cars at my back and i could pull right onto shoulder.
I restarted car and i was able to move and made safe to gas station.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
(04-13-2011, 06:24 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: this is same fuel pump issue in 2000 focus..
tank was little bit less than 1/4 full, i was turing hard right entering gardiner on kipling. i was going uphill, car was bogging and almost like misfiring, thanks god there was not much cars at my back and i could pull right onto shoulder.
I restarted car and i was able to move and made safe to gas station.

Fuel pump ... or fuel filter? Change the filter first - that could very well be your problem.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
same thing happened on my 2000 kona around 2009 or something..
but yeah, i will have to try fuel filter first and if it does same thing, i gotta go to the dealer for recall..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
(04-13-2011, 08:31 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: same thing happened on my 2000 kona around 2009 or something..
but yeah, i will have to try fuel filter first and if it does same thing, i gotta go to the dealer for recall..

think that was only a max 10 year recall.
In Europe FORD is pronounced "\kwa-le-te\"

2008 f250 6.4 powerstroke/twin turbo/crew cab/XLT/4x4 Edge programmer, Cat and Dpf delete, mbrp exhaust. 650hp 850ft/tq.....
2002 red SVT sport'in European Appearance package rims, AEM cai, #4111 of 4788, ranger 12v plug cover, 4500k HID HI/LO, eibach springs, H&R 15mm wheel spacers. sold Sad
2000 yellow zx3 sold
1994 mazda mx3 sold
1992 ford festiva (RIP)
oh no.. 10 yrs?

does anybody know how to drop fuel tank??
i might have to swap from kona to current focus..

or i will pay you $$ and come to my place and swap for me?
ok this doesn't make any sense to me..i was heading to my work, stop on uphill, half clutch, gave it a gas, wtf??nothing and was moving a bit and cutting out few and stalled.

then my fuel gauge was less than 1/4, i just filled gas yesterday to 1/2..i ignored and heading to work, fuel gauge was slowly moving up to 1/2..
now what this got to do with fuel delievery module or fuel pump??

i am going to go get fuel filter today and replace first.
I had a huge issue with my fuel pump back last year, just squeezed in the 10 yr warranty. Got the pump replaced under warranty and as far as I know its the SVT pump that they put in for the recall. She runs like a beaut after, but the most bizarre problems were popping up when I was under 1/2 tank. Chances are you're going to need a new fuel pump Sad
'01 Black Focus ZX3
Custom FI Built 2.2L Zetec // CM Clutch and Lightweight Flywheel // X3 Tune FSWERKS// Ford SVT Brake Kit F&R// KW Springs // KYB AGX Shocks // 22 & 25mm Eibach Sway Set // 2000 Ported IM // FC TB // SVT Header // 3" Custom Header-back Exhaust //many more mods to come...