FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: FS European Spec Tails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For Sale: European Spec Focus Tails no wiring or pigtails

Price: $130 obo

[Image: DSC01559.jpg]
(04-21-2011, 12:29 PM)xXCMGXx Wrote: [ -> ]For Sale: European Spec Focus Tails no wiring or pigtails

Price: $130 obo

Hatch or wagon ... do they include the bulb holders?

GLWS.
Hatch, I dont have the bulb holders
BUMP!!
Pics? I might have a buyer...
Pics? I might have a buyer...
i added a picture tell your friends!
bumpity bump!
bump!!!!! OBO lets go
(07-20-2011, 10:58 PM)xXCMGXx Wrote: [ -> ]bump!!!!! OBO lets go

PM sent
Still have these????
(11-07-2012, 09:10 AM)2MuchDub4U Wrote: [ -> ]Still have these????

He doesn't - I do LOL.
(11-07-2012, 11:09 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2012, 09:10 AM)2MuchDub4U Wrote: [ -> ]Still have these????

He doesn't - I do LOL.

what do you have to do to make those work on a focus? im confused when people on FF say they dont have the harness.
these put turn signals and brakes in the tail lights, instead of reverse and brake/turn together. requires some modification to the wiring harness, along with plugs and bulbs to match the lights. They are different then the USDM bulbs
(11-08-2012, 07:25 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]these put turn signals and brakes in the tail lights, instead of reverse and brake/turn together. requires some modification to the wiring harness, along with plugs and bulbs to match the lights. They are different then the USDM bulbs

yup - not only are the bulbs different (P21 type) the bulb holders are different and require different connectors to plug into the holders. Until I found a harness for sale I was resigned to the fact that I had to more or less create my own.

The issue, as Jamie alluded to, is that the turn signal function is now a different bulb than the brake light function and within the housing there is no reverse light - so altering the output from the stock harness is also required.

There are a lot of ways to do that, I chose not to cut and connect at the PCM and instead will be using a 2 to 3 adaptor - sort of the opposite of what you might use to connect a three-bulb car to a 2-bulb trailer.
What ken said, except for 00-01, there is no gem module and so you just cut one wire by driver door sil, and then tap into 3rd brake light for brake signal and splice in all your goodies. There are numerous write ups but 02+ is different as I did the conversion on taylors 00
(11-08-2012, 11:31 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]What ken said, except for 00-01, there is no gem module and so you just cut one wire by driver door sil, and then tap into 3rd brake light for brake signal and splice in all your goodies. There are numerous write ups but 02+ is different as I did the conversion on taylors 00

yeah I had to cut / splice wires at the GEM for the euro tails on my 07 wagon. makes sense now why Ford went with the combined brake/turn bulb on the 02+ sedan.

didn t realize it was so simple for 00-01
Ahh I see , good to know for the future if I ever get my hands on some. Thanks
i have a set that i havent installed cause i didnt know the bulb holders or pig tails
bulb holders/pig tails can be sourced from VW, i believe from a VW bettle tail lights. There are numerous sources of this info, both FJ and FF have it.
Pages: 1 2