FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: R.i.p. My Daily Driver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just lost my autocross/daily driver today -25 4wd going to fast in a parking lot I swerved to avoid the incident but I got clipped my baby was a 2000 zx3 with 251k ran like a top never burnt a drop of oil took crap from me daily and asked for more I was not hurt but she is deemed a rolling loss heres her life
Shes looking tired decied to give her a face lift
BEFORE

[Image: HPIM4519.jpg]
[Image: HPIM4513.jpg]

DURING
[Image: HPIM4549.jpg]
[Image: HPIM4548.jpg]
[Image: HPIM4525.jpg]

AFTER

[Image: hpim4614.jpg]
[Image: hpim4602.jpg]
[Image: HPIM4592.jpg]

Completed
[Image: HPIM4733.jpg]
[Image: HPIM4720.jpg]
[Image: HPIM4693.jpg]
[Image: HPIM4689.jpg]
[Image: HPIM4686.jpg]

Autocross bumper cam vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3hyxwjYuk4

ICBC deemed it as a rolling loss since its an old car with high KM
DONE off to the happy autocross grounds the damage is not that bad but more than my insurance is willing to pay to fix it I may protest but well see, I may have the opportunity to but it back but its up to them I put the request in.

[Image: IMG_0520.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0521.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0523.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0524.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0525.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0526.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0495.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0496.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0497.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0486.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0487.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0488.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0489.jpg]
ouch...its fixeble though

while you're at it get rid of that freacking wing
LOL @ Nik.

Sorry about your loss man. It totally sucks. Will you be able to retireve your Mods before they take it away? What colour is that? Is it a stock colour or something custom?
That'll buff right out.

A driver's rear quarter, rear clip, maybe a rear hatch at most and inspect/replace suspension as required won't fix it? Or is it because it got down to the unibody at the rear?

It was a nice ride - and good to hear you didn't get hurt! That's always the most important part!
I really hope he didn't go thru all that work to paint it a stock colour. Its to bad you swereved and lost it I thought that wing would give you enough downforce to keep it together. Anyways It sucks that you wrecked it but on the other hand some RS rear quarter panels are looking good right now
Dam,
Warning though, if rebuilt the car is tag as a rebuilt and the insurance will never be the same agian. Good luck
only way it will be titles rebuilt is if insurance writes it off and he buys it back. as for insurance a claim is a claim if its written off or fixed the rate shouldn't be that different
ZX3_2NV,Feb 27 2009, 06:33 AM Wrote:I really hope he didn't go thru all that work to paint it a stock colour. Its to bad you swereved and lost it I thought that wing would give you enough downforce to keep it together. Anyways It sucks that you wrecked it but on the other hand some RS rear quarter panels are looking good right now
[right][snapback]281796[/snapback][/right]
I swerved to avoid a head on and got clipped it would have been alot worse I was doing 15-20 km she was doing 50km no its not a stock color its from acura and it is written off had it looked at today ths damage is strictly cosmetic its an old car in their eyes 200 with 251k
If you can get proof that the frame is okay and that the rear suspension isn't screwed up, I'd say buy it back, fix it up for track use and screw what the title on it says, not like you'd be using it for anything other than track days right?

NefCanuck
NikiterZTS,Feb 27 2009, 06:23 AM Wrote:ouch...its fixeble though

[right][snapback]281791[/snapback][/right]

I can see your dilemma - after all the work you put into it, to have a fender-bender write it off is harsh ... but having recently been in the very same situation (well, sort of - my car only had 60k and was an '07) I've come to the conclusion that the numbers don't lie - and if an insurance company figures out the least expensive course of action is to write it off, my inclination would be to respect their expertise.

Having said that, I had full replacement value coverage which essentially gave me all my money back for the full, as new value of my car ... what does ICBC do for you in the case of a total loss?

And yeah - props to your car except for the wing ... and double props for the colour you chose.

Now that's a PITA comment. CUDO's.

The only tragedy I see is the car put itself out of the misery of that wing.
meford4u,Feb 27 2009, 10:26 AM Wrote:

Now that's a PITA comment. CUDO's.

The only tragedy I see is the car put itself out of the misery of that wing.
[right][snapback]281830[/snapback][/right]

Holy what a bunch of communists! each to their own I like the wing my Father hand made it out af aluminium I decided NOT to rebuild it 1250 for the rear quarter alone bumper maybe 250 + my time and paint probably 1700ish + 10 hoursish of time RS quarters are not going to happen Ill keep my eyes open for another ZX3 zetec
NefCanuck,Feb 27 2009, 08:36 AM Wrote:If you can get proof that the frame is okay and that the rear suspension isn't screwed up, I'd say buy it back, fix it up for track use and screw what the title on it says, not like you'd be using it for anything other than track days right?

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]281816[/snapback][/right]

This was my daily driver as well as my autocross car
U wanna buy mine its got mint quarter panels and a mean motor
That sucks man, I like the colour it looks sweet. How did you do with the ins. settlement hopfully they dont lowball you, dont take their first offer.
Too bad that happened. The colour is pretty awsome. I'll extend an offer to sell you my car too....eh..its the same colour at least :P
hardk0re,Feb 27 2009, 06:56 PM Wrote:Too bad that happened.  The colour is pretty awsome.  I'll extend an offer to sell you my car too....eh..its the same colour at least :P
[right][snapback]281872[/snapback][/right]

Yous car has an Acura color as well? I have not got any info yet as to what they will be settling at Im sure it will not be to my satisfaction well see I would like to buy it back but not fix but rather strip it down for autocross since where we autocross its on private land so no insurance is required well see.
On a sort of happier note I purchased a car a month back a 2000 ford focus sedan auto with the SPI motor(junk) the owner had it listed as parts since her "Mechanic" told her it needed a valve job since it was missing on one cylinder to the tune of 1500-2500$ I picked it up and did some tests compression 160psi on every cylinder it ended up being a fouled plug I had planned on selling it to make a profit untill this happened yesterday so at least I still have wheels

[Image: HPIM7220.jpg]
[Image: HPIM7222.jpg]
[Image: HPIM7224.jpg]
[Image: HPIM7225.jpg]
[Image: HPIM7228.jpg]
[Image: HPIM7230.jpg]
[Image: HPIM7232.jpg]
nothing wrong with that. makes a good winter beater.
Pages: 1 2