FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: PCV Hose???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well I haven't posted up about the problems I have been having with my Focus. But here it is in a nutshell. Shortly after installing the header, cat, flex pipe, EGR valve and tube I started having a stalling issue at idle. Not when cold, only at opperating temperature. So I fixed a broken vacume line (small hole), did a lot of reading and replaced the DPFE sensor and no luck. Tonight I read some more and found the PCV hose collapsed at the intake.

Could this cause the stalling issue described above? I know this would be the next likely cause and the hose obviously needs to be replaced due to the fact it has collapsed. Also has anyone seen how that clamp comes off the intake? I can feel it but can't see it. It dosen't feel like a normal clamp.

Thanks in advance for your input and suggestions.
I had a similar stalling problem but mine was caused by a faulty O2 sensor
New leading O2 sensor installed with Cat.
i had same issue and replaced it like 2 years ago.

i dont remember correctly but as far as i remember it needed to be squeezed and lift up to relaease from the tab.
it was very hard to get that clamp off.

i would just cut off old pcv hose and replace clamp with the one has screw on it or the same style as coolant hose clamp.
Thanks Leo. That's exactly what I was thinking.
Replaced collapsed hose. Same issue idling in the drive way. Grrrr!!!! Going to eat something than take this bitch for a blast. See if I can throw another code. Keep getting P0401????

Already replaced:

EGR Valve
EGR Tubing
DPFE Sensor
PCV Tube

What next????

IAC Valve?
p0401 is related to egr and u did take care of them all..
have you cleared code or mayb reset the ecu?

I've reset/cleared codes twice tonight. After replacing the hose, and after a 40KM round trip on the highway. It stalled a couple times between the highway and home. Cleared the codes again and went for a slow drive simulating my morning and evening commute. No problems during my second drive....... Until I pulled into the driveway and she died again. Pulled P0442 and P1000.

I'll drive it to work tomorrow and see what happens. I am at a loss right now.
they are related to evap system, when you were replacing pcv hose or installing other stuff, you might have knocked hose off or something.
or might pinched hose or line goes to evap canister.

and check gas cap
Hey Kev,

I heard tint might help your situation out.

Seriously though (and btw I'm not giving up on the tint), when you figure out what the problem was do let me know. I still have that gas cap light and rough idle/stumble when I come to full stops. Sometimes it nearly stalls me out.
P0442 has been coming and going for quite sometime now. Gas cap replaced, all small vacuume lines have been checked other than the fuel vapour canister at the rear. I don't think it has anything to do with the P0442 code, like I said it has been around for a while.

Luc, if you think a tint would help you are more than welcome to donate the funds to do so. LOL
Thanks Leo. I've been checking that site for info for quite sometime now. It's quite helpfull.
I do know that the fuel vapor canister will get gas in it if you tend to fill your tank up 'all the way'.

edit: I think so anyway... something gets gas in it if you fill the tank up too much and it can interfere. IIRC anyway...
i kept throwing evap codes awhile back, turned out my evap vent control solenoid popped out of the canister. i stuffed it back in, put some RTV silicon around the out side and nvr again had an issue
Thanks for the tip Mikey. I found the other hose was coming out. Fixed that. While checking for other leaks I pulled the hose that runs between the intake tube and the rocker cover and it started running better. Not perfect but better. She didn't stall. What does that mean???

I know Jamie has a little filter on his V/C. Where can I get one?
I'm assuming zetecs have idle air control valves like duratecs? If so have you tried cleaning it with some carb cleaner?
IAC valve is next on my list. But when I remove the hose (stops drawing air from the rocker cover) it runs fine. Even with the hose nipple capped. Do I have a bad PCV valve. I did clean that a little while back when trying to diagnose this issue.

The ZETEC does have an IAC Valve. But it is between the intake and the head on the back side of the engine compartment. Not the easiest to access.
From what your describing it sounds a lot like when I had a egr valve that was stuck open on a previous car. Pull the hose coming out of the egr and see what happens
Did that. Same issue. Rough idle, then stall.
Pages: 1 2 3