FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Paint question...sorta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was thinkin today...I was gonna niteshadez my tails and turns, but have done it before on 2 of my other cars, not that I don't like it, but want to do something different. So here is my thought...If I went to Cross Canada and had them mix Me up some clear with some of my base color in it...about 80% clear to 20% base color...would it be translucent enough for my lights to shine through while still making them somewhat body color? In theory it sounds good but would like to hear what you guys have to say. I kinda want the lights to blend with the car.Cool
it might work but i dont think it will be translucent enough to let lights go through.

cool idea though
see what pegasix did with the black pearl he sprayed over his tails, im sure he could give a paint ratio that works
(07-16-2011, 10:24 AM)05blackzx5 Wrote: [ -> ]see what pegasix did with the black pearl he sprayed over his tails, im sure he could give a paint ratio that works

Ya I saw that ...His car looks mint. I pm'd Him on this. I am hoping it'll work. If not I'll prob just use Niteshadez.
Cool
OMG WTF
I'm with Meford on this. Nightshade = bad idea.
(07-16-2011, 11:37 PM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote: [ -> ]I'm with Meford on this. Nightshade = bad idea.

No niteshade?? Any other ideas then?
nooooooooo.
your other option is a set of morette tail lights
[Image: 13465Morette_Tails_b.jpg]
you can always tint the tails too, with actual tint.
Do what you want, dont listen to anyone else.

i still get flack for having nite shade and i dont give a sh!t, if done CORRECTLY you can see perfectly the lights, however if not done correctly you wont see really anything from them
You might not want to cover the whole taillight either. I got a couple of inexpensive spares to play with. Wrapped them in a non-slip for a carpet. (I borrowed this idea from a computer modding site showing how to air-brushed a carbon-fiber look.) Then I sprayed through the holes in the foam, pulled the foam off, then sprayed the edges darker. The middle is just lightly covered. You could also tape off an area with a pattern, etc. Get creative!

[Image: taillight2.jpg]
(I chose this picture because it shows the pattern better, but in reality, one can barely make out any red)

With just a light covering in the middle part, I think the brake lights themselves are very visible. I tried a set of LED's from CTC, and they're garbage so I went back to regular bulbs that do a better job.

[Image: Taillight.jpg]
After looking at this, think I'll wash her tonight!
^^YES! someone else who left the reverse light alone, looks minty fresh Big Grin
(07-20-2011, 01:14 AM)sonic_mikey Wrote: [ -> ]^^YES! someone else who left the reverse light alone, looks minty fresh Big Grin
Thats how I did the tails on my 03 SX 2.0...looks better imo. I like the morette tails, but I looked into a set of morette headlights for my SX and they were about $400...little too much for me!!