Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paint question...sorta
So I was thinkin today...I was gonna niteshadez my tails and turns, but have done it before on 2 of my other cars, not that I don't like it, but want to do something different. So here is my thought...If I went to Cross Canada and had them mix Me up some clear with some of my base color in it...about 80% clear to 20% base color...would it be translucent enough for my lights to shine through while still making them somewhat body color? In theory it sounds good but would like to hear what you guys have to say. I kinda want the lights to blend with the car.Cool
it might work but i dont think it will be translucent enough to let lights go through.

cool idea though
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
see what pegasix did with the black pearl he sprayed over his tails, im sure he could give a paint ratio that works
E.O MASIV
(07-16-2011, 10:24 AM)05blackzx5 Wrote: see what pegasix did with the black pearl he sprayed over his tails, im sure he could give a paint ratio that works

Ya I saw that ...His car looks mint. I pm'd Him on this. I am hoping it'll work. If not I'll prob just use Niteshadez.
Cool
OMG WTF
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
I'm with Meford on this. Nightshade = bad idea.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
(07-16-2011, 11:37 PM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote: I'm with Meford on this. Nightshade = bad idea.

No niteshade?? Any other ideas then?
nooooooooo.
your other option is a set of morette tail lights
[Image: 13465Morette_Tails_b.jpg]
E.O MASIV
you can always tint the tails too, with actual tint.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
Do what you want, dont listen to anyone else.

i still get flack for having nite shade and i dont give a sh!t, if done CORRECTLY you can see perfectly the lights, however if not done correctly you wont see really anything from them
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
You might not want to cover the whole taillight either. I got a couple of inexpensive spares to play with. Wrapped them in a non-slip for a carpet. (I borrowed this idea from a computer modding site showing how to air-brushed a carbon-fiber look.) Then I sprayed through the holes in the foam, pulled the foam off, then sprayed the edges darker. The middle is just lightly covered. You could also tape off an area with a pattern, etc. Get creative!

[Image: taillight2.jpg]
(I chose this picture because it shows the pattern better, but in reality, one can barely make out any red)

With just a light covering in the middle part, I think the brake lights themselves are very visible. I tried a set of LED's from CTC, and they're garbage so I went back to regular bulbs that do a better job.

[Image: Taillight.jpg]
After looking at this, think I'll wash her tonight!
^^YES! someone else who left the reverse light alone, looks minty fresh Big Grin
(07-20-2011, 01:14 AM)sonic_mikey Wrote: ^^YES! someone else who left the reverse light alone, looks minty fresh Big Grin
Thats how I did the tails on my 03 SX 2.0...looks better imo. I like the morette tails, but I looked into a set of morette headlights for my SX and they were about $400...little too much for me!!