FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Exhaust Upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a 2002 SE Wagon.
I have to replace the exhaust, so I'm looking to upgrade.
Anyone have any suggestions?
I'm looking first for a Cat-Back to pass the cert, with the possible addition of a 4-2-1 header later on.
Thanks
FSWerks, Borla. If you can still get an MBRP, get it.
I know we (MBRP) have a sedan system in stock, however that won't fit a wagon without a little bit of modification to the tailpiece.
nothing an exhaust shop can't fix.
(08-16-2011, 08:20 PM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]I know we (MBRP) have a sedan system in stock, however that won't fit a wagon without a little bit of modification to the tailpiece.

So, How much would that system be?
How much modification would be required for the tail?

I tried on the MBRP site, but it doesn't show anything for the focus.
Magnaflow's a decent option as well, and they should have a wagon system still available...
Yea, there won't be anything on the MBRP website about the focus... Our system was discontinued a couple years ago... However we still have a few systems lingering around... The modification to the tail is you'd just need to get a short piece welded in... The wagon rear is longer than the sedan... As for price, best thing would be to call and talk to someone... Also if you have the time I'm sure you could bring your car up here and we could fab the tailpiece up to fit right and install the system for you... Also, as mentioned borla makes a great system, magnaflow is ok... And then you can get into trubendz systems where you can choose your mufflers and resonators... There's plenty of choices... Also forgot about fswerks systems as well
(08-17-2011, 06:07 AM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]Yea, there won't be anything on the MBRP website about the focus... Our system was discontinued a couple years ago... However we still have a few systems lingering around... The modification to the tail is you'd just need to get a short piece welded in... The wagon rear is longer than the sedan... As for price, best thing would be to call and talk to someone... Also if you have the time I'm sure you could bring your car up here and we could fab the tailpiece up to fit right and install the system for you... Also, as mentioned borla makes a great system, magnaflow is ok... And then you can get into trubendz systems where you can choose your mufflers and resonators... There's plenty of choices... Also forgot about fswerks systems as well

That sux about being discontinued. As the car isn't drivable right now getting it up there is difficult. I would like to pick it up and install it when I can.
I looked at the other systems by MBRP and I like the look and the fact that they're built in canada (from what I see). So if you'd be able to find something out regarding the price or at least a part number so I can call and ask.
Maybe you could get it for me at a better price than retail??
Thanks!
Oh yea they're built right up here in Huntsville... The part number is S4040 for the sedan system... If you callthey could give you a shipping quote I'm sure... Or I can get some info for you tomorrow if you don't feel like calling
(08-17-2011, 11:42 AM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh yea they're built right up here in Huntsville... The part number is S4040 for the sedan system... If you callthey could give you a shipping quote I'm sure... Or I can get some info for you tomorrow if you don't feel like calling

I'd really appreciate it if you could get me some info.
Totally forgot today... I'll see what I can dig up tomorrow!
If Platinum doesn't take it then depending on the price, I'll take it and make the drive to huntsville and have it installed there too.

Thanks,
Any know the prices of the various exhausts mentioned?
Haven't heard back from MuskokaZX3 ...
Hoping to hear soon.
Bah sorry man... Tomorrow... I promise!!
If you can see if they have a zx3 exhaust still that would be pretty awesome. Would rather Have a canadian manufactured product which hopefully would actually survive life up here rather than something made for them gingerly southerners with their mild winters etc.
I thought I posted in thi thread after I talked to the salesman... We have ONLY 2 systems and BOTH are SEDANS... $250 picked up or we can ship at your expensive... If you wanna use a sedan system on a zx3/5/wagon the tail piece would have to be modified!
I'm calling tomorrow. See you guys this weekend (i hope LOL)

can you guys do install too?
Prolly not install!
MBRP IS THE BEST EXHAUST SYSTEM I HAVE EVER HAD. Shame they stopped making it for the Focus. I see a new demand for a quality system coming with the '12s.
Pages: 1 2