FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: screw focus! got a new love!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
wow, just wow. It looks amazing. Very excited and cant wait until it comes out bc i will be at the Ford dealership to see it in person.

http://www.ford.ca/app/fo/en/future_vehicles.do#escape1

[Image: 2013-Ford-Escape-i020.jpg]

love the shape, love the options and love the 2.0 Eco on it. We were considering tiguan, but this by far is a better choice!

Can anyone get me some pricing? is it released yet?
2013 Escape, theres more info on Motortrend.com

David
front end looks impressive but rear end reminds me hyundai veracruz..........................................
this hyundai veracruz
[Image: Hyundai_Veracruz_Crossover.jpg]

I think my favorite is the 2009 ford kuga. That thing looks awesome. This new escape reminds me of the kuga
the back end looks like the European Ford Galaxy mini van, I guess that is the new Kuga in Europe
Apparently, it's based on the Focus For All chassis. The interior is also VERY familiar to those that own a 2012 Focus. There is going to be at least two engine choices one with the Ecoboost!! So, save up your pennies.
(11-18-2011, 03:42 AM)NikiterZTS Wrote: [ -> ]:-I
http://www.iamacim.com/wp-content/upload...iguan1.jpg

that Tiguan looks pretty freaking nice...
VWs are where Ford was 10 years ago.
Build quality issues. Blush
[Image: 2009-Ford-Kuga-Front-Side-590x443.jpg]

this is the Kuga that i like, i think the new Escape has the same kinda look.
I'm still growing on the new design, the front is a great step in the right direction though! And I completely agree that the back looks a little too much like a hyundai... that was one of my first impressions when I first saw these online a couple days ago. Seeing one in person though, is the only way to judge.. so i'm looking forward to seeing them on the street.
well the wife likes the tuscan, only issue with is that it was gutless! i press the petal and it didnt go anywhere!

Tiguan, is nice, its a vw and i know them, but it was just too boring! if you want nice toys then you would have to step up to Audi Q5 and thats lot of money. So I like to see the Focus all jacked up! Smile

I really liked the focus with all its toys! but its just a bit small for us and if we are going to get a focus, mind as well keep the Golf tdi and get great mileage.

I'm hoping the Escape will have a little bit bigger trunk compared to the previous model and i will be a happy camper!
I believe job 1 is May 2012 with release to the dealers in early July of 2012 for the new escape. Neighbour is in marketing and drove one last month. Bigger inside and just a small step down from the Explorer but bigger than the old Escape.
(11-18-2011, 11:49 AM)meford4u Wrote: [ -> ]I believe job 1 is May 2012 with release to the dealers in early July of 2012 for the new escape. Neighbour is in marketing and drove one last month. Bigger inside and just a small step down from the Explorer but bigger than the old Escape.

that would be perfect! Golf lease is up in Nov 2013 so by then 2nd batch of escapes must be coming off line and most bugs must be out! Smile

Bigger than the current escape eh Brian? Stupid pictures don't do it justice then... exactly like I said. To me, the new escape looks smaller... glad to hear they stepped it up in size.
I just wish there was more inexpensive vehicle options for people with a family. All of these are too small.
^ used and 84 month financing. or the chevy orlando, it seats 1000 mexican toddlers and has been around the world 5 times over on one tank of gas
(11-18-2011, 08:10 PM)moon111 Wrote: [ -> ]I just wish there was more inexpensive vehicle options for people with a family. All of these are too small.

you can always get a minivan or as others have said Orlanda or Mazda 5.

You got to pay to play! Smile
Spoke with my neighbour again about the Escape and the ST Focus. I have to admit I jumped the gun with my info.. The Escape is only marginally bigger on the inside, and certainly not noticeably bigger inside. Trunk space is only 5 cubic cms bigger than previous models.

But the ST, he couldn't stop raving about.
Gona bring this one from the dead. I know I asked about x and a plans before, but can someone please remind me of them.

Trying to see if it's worth getting a new escape titanium or just get an ex rental from auctions in couple of months. Don't need it until nov 2012
Pages: 1 2