Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
screw focus! got a new love!
wow, just wow. It looks amazing. Very excited and cant wait until it comes out bc i will be at the Ford dealership to see it in person.

http://www.ford.ca/app/fo/en/future_vehicles.do#escape1

[Image: 2013-Ford-Escape-i020.jpg]

love the shape, love the options and love the 2.0 Eco on it. We were considering tiguan, but this by far is a better choice!

Can anyone get me some pricing? is it released yet?
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

2013 Escape, theres more info on Motortrend.com

David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
front end looks impressive but rear end reminds me hyundai veracruz..........................................
this hyundai veracruz
[Image: Hyundai_Veracruz_Crossover.jpg]

BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
I think my favorite is the 2009 ford kuga. That thing looks awesome. This new escape reminds me of the kuga
the back end looks like the European Ford Galaxy mini van, I guess that is the new Kuga in Europe
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Apparently, it's based on the Focus For All chassis. The interior is also VERY familiar to those that own a 2012 Focus. There is going to be at least two engine choices one with the Ecoboost!! So, save up your pennies.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
:-I
http://www.iamacim.com/wp-content/upload...iguan1.jpg
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
(11-18-2011, 03:42 AM)NikiterZTS Wrote: :-I
http://www.iamacim.com/wp-content/upload...iguan1.jpg

that Tiguan looks pretty freaking nice...
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
VWs are where Ford was 10 years ago.
Build quality issues. Blush
[Image: 2009-Ford-Kuga-Front-Side-590x443.jpg]

this is the Kuga that i like, i think the new Escape has the same kinda look.
I'm still growing on the new design, the front is a great step in the right direction though! And I completely agree that the back looks a little too much like a hyundai... that was one of my first impressions when I first saw these online a couple days ago. Seeing one in person though, is the only way to judge.. so i'm looking forward to seeing them on the street.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
well the wife likes the tuscan, only issue with is that it was gutless! i press the petal and it didnt go anywhere!

Tiguan, is nice, its a vw and i know them, but it was just too boring! if you want nice toys then you would have to step up to Audi Q5 and thats lot of money. So I like to see the Focus all jacked up! Smile

I really liked the focus with all its toys! but its just a bit small for us and if we are going to get a focus, mind as well keep the Golf tdi and get great mileage.

I'm hoping the Escape will have a little bit bigger trunk compared to the previous model and i will be a happy camper!
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold

I believe job 1 is May 2012 with release to the dealers in early July of 2012 for the new escape. Neighbour is in marketing and drove one last month. Bigger inside and just a small step down from the Explorer but bigger than the old Escape.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
(11-18-2011, 11:49 AM)meford4u Wrote: I believe job 1 is May 2012 with release to the dealers in early July of 2012 for the new escape. Neighbour is in marketing and drove one last month. Bigger inside and just a small step down from the Explorer but bigger than the old Escape.

that would be perfect! Golf lease is up in Nov 2013 so by then 2nd batch of escapes must be coming off line and most bugs must be out! Smile

--Henry Ford

01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold

Bigger than the current escape eh Brian? Stupid pictures don't do it justice then... exactly like I said. To me, the new escape looks smaller... glad to hear they stepped it up in size.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
I just wish there was more inexpensive vehicle options for people with a family. All of these are too small.
^ used and 84 month financing. or the chevy orlando, it seats 1000 mexican toddlers and has been around the world 5 times over on one tank of gas
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
(11-18-2011, 08:10 PM)moon111 Wrote: I just wish there was more inexpensive vehicle options for people with a family. All of these are too small.

you can always get a minivan or as others have said Orlanda or Mazda 5.

You got to pay to play! Smile
--Henry Ford

01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold

Spoke with my neighbour again about the Escape and the ST Focus. I have to admit I jumped the gun with my info.. The Escape is only marginally bigger on the inside, and certainly not noticeably bigger inside. Trunk space is only 5 cubic cms bigger than previous models.

But the ST, he couldn't stop raving about.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Gona bring this one from the dead. I know I asked about x and a plans before, but can someone please remind me of them.

Trying to see if it's worth getting a new escape titanium or just get an ex rental from auctions in couple of months. Don't need it until nov 2012
--Henry Ford

01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold