FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: HELP!! Wipers not Parking properly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The front wipers in my car are not dropping to the bottom of the window. When I turn the switch off, they stop wherever they are.
I've changed the wiper motor assembly and the switch, but it hasn't fixed the problem.
Anyone have any ides??
(12-24-2011, 10:37 PM)Platinum6316 Wrote: [ -> ]The wipers in my car are not dropping to the bottom of the window. When I turn the switch off, that's where they stop.
I've changed the wiper motor assembly and the switch, but it hasn't fixed the problem.
Anyone have any ides??

its under the dash, yu have to work at it, go to u.s. focus forums thats where l found the info..the senser has to be replaced, this you should have checked in the first place..
(12-25-2011, 02:20 AM)garythewolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-24-2011, 10:37 PM)Platinum6316 Wrote: [ -> ]The wipers in my car are not dropping to the bottom of the window. When I turn the switch off, that's where they stop.
Anyone have any ides??

its under the dash, yu have to work at it, go to u.s. focus forums thats where l found the info..the senser has to be replaced, this you should have checked in the first place..

You have a link to that? or can you show me where the sensor is? I can't find anything about it in any books.
(12-25-2011, 02:25 AM)Platinum6316 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-25-2011, 02:20 AM)garythewolf Wrote: [ -> ]
Anyone have any ides??

You have a link to that? or can you show me where the sensor is? I can't find anything about it in any books.
I had the same problem and replaced the relay under the dash

Alright, I'll try that.
Sounds to me like it's the relay under the dash. It's a bit of a PITA to get to. I replaced mine last year and have to do it again...

http://automotivetool.wordpress.com/2009...just-park/
Yup! Replaced both relays under the dash, now they work just fine! I wish I had started with that. Would have saved myself a lot of work and aggravation.
These relays are like $18 each at Ford, sigh.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's the relay under the dash... Justa guess... Lmao
Hmm not to revive the issue, but can the same relay cause all the functions but one to work, as well as the same issue? My friend's mom is asking me about this.
(01-18-2012, 02:14 AM)Frost__2001 Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm not to revive the issue, but can the same relay cause all the functions but one to work, as well as the same issue? My friend's mom is asking me about this.

My understanding is that if you lose both intermittent and park function it could also be the so-called "multi-function" switch
(01-18-2012, 03:22 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-18-2012, 02:14 AM)Frost__2001 Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm not to revive the issue, but can the same relay cause all the functions but one to work, as well as the same issue? My friend's mom is asking me about this.

My understanding is that if you lose both intermittent and park function it could also be the so-called "multi-function" switch

Yup, that's likely what it is if all wiping functions are affected.
(01-18-2012, 04:19 AM)NOS2Go4Me Wrote: [ -> ]

And one would replace this how?
(01-19-2012, 10:23 PM)Frost__2001 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-18-2012, 04:19 AM)NOS2Go4Me Wrote: [ -> ]

And one would replace this how?

http://www.myfordfocus.com/how-to/wiper-mod.htm

LOL you could have just said replace the switch.... I've done that once already, so I know how to swap it out
I now have a spare wiper switch from a wagon if any one is interested. PM me if interested