Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP!! Wipers not Parking properly
The front wipers in my car are not dropping to the bottom of the window. When I turn the switch off, they stop wherever they are.
I've changed the wiper motor assembly and the switch, but it hasn't fixed the problem.
Anyone have any ides??
(12-24-2011, 10:37 PM)Platinum6316 Wrote: The wipers in my car are not dropping to the bottom of the window. When I turn the switch off, that's where they stop.
I've changed the wiper motor assembly and the switch, but it hasn't fixed the problem.
Anyone have any ides??

its under the dash, yu have to work at it, go to u.s. focus forums thats where l found the info..the senser has to be replaced, this you should have checked in the first place..
(12-25-2011, 02:20 AM)garythewolf Wrote:
(12-24-2011, 10:37 PM)Platinum6316 Wrote: The wipers in my car are not dropping to the bottom of the window. When I turn the switch off, that's where they stop.
Anyone have any ides??

its under the dash, yu have to work at it, go to u.s. focus forums thats where l found the info..the senser has to be replaced, this you should have checked in the first place..

You have a link to that? or can you show me where the sensor is? I can't find anything about it in any books.
(12-25-2011, 02:25 AM)Platinum6316 Wrote:
(12-25-2011, 02:20 AM)garythewolf Wrote:
Anyone have any ides??

You have a link to that? or can you show me where the sensor is? I can't find anything about it in any books.
I had the same problem and replaced the relay under the dash

Alright, I'll try that.
Sounds to me like it's the relay under the dash. It's a bit of a PITA to get to. I replaced mine last year and have to do it again...

http://automotivetool.wordpress.com/2009...just-park/
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
Yup! Replaced both relays under the dash, now they work just fine! I wish I had started with that. Would have saved myself a lot of work and aggravation.
These relays are like $18 each at Ford, sigh.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's the relay under the dash... Justa guess... Lmao
07 ST 23D • MBRP 2.25 cat-back • cfm 67mm TB • K&n Typhoon • Massive poly dogbone insert • Massive BSD • FRPP Dynamic springs & struts • carbon fibre shift boot & brake boot • SVT HVAC controls • steeda short throw shifter • Tinted w/ brow • SOON TO BE BOOSTED •
Hmm not to revive the issue, but can the same relay cause all the functions but one to work, as well as the same issue? My friend's mom is asking me about this.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
(01-18-2012, 02:14 AM)Frost__2001 Wrote: Hmm not to revive the issue, but can the same relay cause all the functions but one to work, as well as the same issue? My friend's mom is asking me about this.

My understanding is that if you lose both intermittent and park function it could also be the so-called "multi-function" switch
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
(01-18-2012, 03:22 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote:
(01-18-2012, 02:14 AM)Frost__2001 Wrote: Hmm not to revive the issue, but can the same relay cause all the functions but one to work, as well as the same issue? My friend's mom is asking me about this.

My understanding is that if you lose both intermittent and park function it could also be the so-called "multi-function" switch

Yup, that's likely what it is if all wiping functions are affected.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
(01-18-2012, 04:19 AM)NOS2Go4Me Wrote:

And one would replace this how?
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
(01-19-2012, 10:23 PM)Frost__2001 Wrote:
(01-18-2012, 04:19 AM)NOS2Go4Me Wrote:

And one would replace this how?

http://www.myfordfocus.com/how-to/wiper-mod.htm

2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
LOL you could have just said replace the switch.... I've done that once already, so I know how to swap it out
I now have a spare wiper switch from a wagon if any one is interested. PM me if interested