FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cruise To FR12 thread... Discuss!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I got nothing. Lil. But an sct tuner for engine lights. I'm also gonna bring extra timming belt and serpentine belt.... I got no spare or a jack.. Speaking of jack. Who's got a low pro one for us really low guys?
(03-13-2012, 10:16 AM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]I got nothing. Lil. But an sct tuner for engine lights. I'm also gonna bring extra timming belt and serpentine belt.... I got no spare or a jack.. Speaking of jack. Who's got a low pro one for us really low guys?

I'll probably have one lol
I should probably buy one lol. Anyone no where toget a good one?
(03-13-2012, 10:31 AM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]I should probably buy one lol. Anyone no where toget a good one?

Buy one at Princessauto. They will warranty it for life no matter how much it gets beat up lol
Very tru
Im going to have a spare set of spark plugs, small tool set along w/ a portable compressor and other small things. This is a pretty minor drive but it is a good idea to have some stuff just in case ofcourse.
Also I will get the route from last year off my gps
(03-14-2012, 12:21 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]Im going to have a spare set of spark plugs, small tool set along w/ a portable compressor and other small things. This is a pretty minor drive but it is a good idea to have some stuff just in case ofcourse.

Just don't go "too overboard" on the tools; US border guards don't like it when it looks like you're coming in looking like you're going to work.

Just a tip.
(03-14-2012, 06:07 AM)OAC_Sparky Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2012, 12:21 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]Im going to have a spare set of spark plugs, small tool set along w/ a portable compressor and other small things. This is a pretty minor drive but it is a good idea to have some stuff just in case ofcourse.

Just don't go "too overboard" on the tools; US border guards don't like it when it looks like you're coming in looking like you're going to work.

Just a tip.

Very true!!

I've heard some bad stories from people about this. Thanks for the reminder.
(03-14-2012, 06:07 AM)OAC_Sparky Wrote: [ -> ]Just don't go "too overboard" on the tools; US border guards don't like it when it looks like you're coming in looking like you're going to work.

Just a tip.

I'm well aware. It will all be in my spare tire well and by compressor i mean a little portable 12v tire inflator

Border guards are dicks in general so remember not to bring contraband or anything that they may think is sketchy
i could put a bunch of stuff under my floor aswell mines a whore to take out...i guess bringing the NOS bottle is out of the question eh?? never even thought of that
ya your going to want to limit the non sense as much as possible...

the NOS bottle... what a shame it wont make the trip Sad You could bring it, but be prepared for an explanation for it!

(03-15-2012, 04:03 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]ya your going to want to limit the non sense as much as possible...

the NOS bottle... what a shame it wont make the trip Sad You could bring it, but be prepared for an explanation for it!

There is a way you can do it. The tank is ment to power ur car and also bring some documents off the internet about the dangerous goods in that bottle and what harm they do and proceedures you will require if there is a accident.

If you have all that they shouldn't have an issue with it. And if they do I have my tdg for canada and us so I could just take it threw but that will take longer getting through.
Personally, I've got dual citizenship so I very rarely get a hassle because I AM a US citizen. I go over 20+ times a year.

To those that aren't and only occasionally cross the border, be smart about bringing crap in and trying to skirt the system.

I've been at the border when they walk the drug dogs up and down the rows of cars waiting in line.

If you get pulled in and you're in an obvious group, you put the whole group at risk. Sometimes you are judged by the company you keep.

If you get pulled in and they find contraband (pot, hidden goods), it will (best case scenario) get seized and you'll get sent back. End of road trip.

Make sure your passport/enhanced driver's license is valid. They won't let you over without one of them. And if you've ever had a criminal record in the past (and even not) it's never a bad idea to visit your local OPP or police detachment and get a police clearance letter. Since 9-11 they don't screw around.

Not trying to be a killjoy, just trying to save you guys from getting a hassle.
I have been searched many times, it is a pain in the butt. Fortunately each time was just cuz and I was good. They do toss your stuff around a lot tho and waste a pile of time
just a heads up if you pass port is coming due and with in 6months of its renewal they will reject you and send you home.

im still trying to make this trip.
but on the tool note i know from experience if you can bring a Full size spare at least something that will clear your brakes ex. 16" for the svt brakes.do so as you dont want a flat tire and a mini spare at highway speeds to ruin a good weekend
ya i lost my passport, dad lost my birth certificate so im waiting for my new Birth certificate to apply for my new passport at the moment.

fortunately these days you can pay an extra like 50$ and get your passport in 5 days

but yes, make sure it isn't up for renewal within 6 months
haha thats brutal, i surprisingly havent lost my passport yet. seeing as i lose everything else lol.
i still need to get one lol
(03-15-2012, 11:07 PM)PEGASIX Wrote: [ -> ]just a heads up if you pass port is coming due and with in 6months of its renewal they will reject you and send you home.

im still trying to make this trip.
but on the tool note i know from experience if you can bring a Full size spare at least something that will clear your brakes ex. 16" for the svt brakes.do so as you dont want a flat tire and a mini spare at highway speeds to ruin a good weekend

I think I know what you mean here ... but just to be clear: you can cross the border today with a passport due to expire tomorrow.

What I think PEGA is getting at is the planning ahead part ... making sure now that your passport doesn't expire between now and the time you're coming back from FR12.

And yeah, you can get your new passport within a week - it will cost you $50 on top of the usual $85 renewal, and you will have to go to a special office and pick it up. For me, the closest office for pickup was in Mississauga so not too bad ... if it's the same for you Jamie that's a bit of a hike.
(03-15-2012, 10:15 PM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]I have been searched many times, it is a pain in the butt.

I heard it gets easier in time after they've loosened you up. Tongue

Bah-dum-dum....tish!!

(Thank you, thank you very much. I'll be here all week folks, please try the fish!)
Pages: 1 2 3