FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Hooking UP LEDS to battery with a switch.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey , im trying to install LEDS to my car battery to a switch. Can someone on here give me an outline on what to do.... or if someone has done this before on there focus let me know.
what are you exactly doing?
adding underbody leds??
(05-25-2012, 03:45 PM)konafocuswrc Wrote: [ -> ]what are you exactly doing?
adding underbody leds??

Just basic LED strips , got them from Walmart haha. I have the wires through the car already .... But I can't figure out how to run a switch, im thinking that I need a resistor or i read somewhere that I need to run it to the fuse box.
you should run it through a fuse, but you can get by with an inline fuse. What voltage are the strips rated for? If you bought them at wallmart, and they're 12v, you likely won't need a resistor as it'll be in the light strip.

If not, you'll need to put an inline resistor. a very simple calculator for figuring out what resistor you would need can be found by googling -- or here
(05-26-2012, 12:05 AM)darkpuppet Wrote: [ -> ]you should run it through a fuse, but you can get by with an inline fuse. What voltage are the strips rated for? If you bought them at wallmart, and they're 12v, you likely won't need a resistor as it'll be in the light strip.

If not, you'll need to put an inline resistor. a very simple calculator for figuring out what resistor you would need can be found by googling -- or here

Hey , i ended up just taping into the daytime runner fuse , "low beam" i guess. I think i was overthinking things... i didnt bother running a switch inside to much of a hastle. thanks for the replies!
Day time is no good.
That runs the bulbs at a lower voltage. In return that actually increases the heat in the wire and may cause damage. Find and empty fuse slot, run a line from the battery to the fuse box and then fuse it up and there you glow. haha get it Tongue