Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hooking UP LEDS to battery with a switch.
Hey , im trying to install LEDS to my car battery to a switch. Can someone on here give me an outline on what to do.... or if someone has done this before on there focus let me know.
2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
-2003 SVT Wagon - Euro Conversion , currently retired
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
2011 SES - daily driver will be modded soon .                                                                                                                                                        
what are you exactly doing?
adding underbody leds??
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
(05-25-2012, 03:45 PM)konafocuswrc Wrote: what are you exactly doing?
adding underbody leds??

Just basic LED strips , got them from Walmart haha. I have the wires through the car already .... But I can't figure out how to run a switch, im thinking that I need a resistor or i read somewhere that I need to run it to the fuse box.
2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
you should run it through a fuse, but you can get by with an inline fuse. What voltage are the strips rated for? If you bought them at wallmart, and they're 12v, you likely won't need a resistor as it'll be in the light strip.

If not, you'll need to put an inline resistor. a very simple calculator for figuring out what resistor you would need can be found by googling -- or here
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

(05-26-2012, 12:05 AM)darkpuppet Wrote: you should run it through a fuse, but you can get by with an inline fuse. What voltage are the strips rated for? If you bought them at wallmart, and they're 12v, you likely won't need a resistor as it'll be in the light strip.

If not, you'll need to put an inline resistor. a very simple calculator for figuring out what resistor you would need can be found by googling -- or here

Hey , i ended up just taping into the daytime runner fuse , "low beam" i guess. I think i was overthinking things... i didnt bother running a switch inside to much of a hastle. thanks for the replies!
2002 SVT Focus
Day time is no good.
That runs the bulbs at a lower voltage. In return that actually increases the heat in the wire and may cause damage. Find and empty fuse slot, run a line from the battery to the fuse box and then fuse it up and there you glow. haha get it Tongue
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car