FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Is sway bars needed???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was planning to lower the focus with shocks/struts and springs.... do i need to get sway bars??? please help
Away bars help stiffin the ride that's for sure
(06-23-2012, 12:38 PM)wilky1989 Wrote: [ -> ]I was planning to lower the focus with shocks/struts and springs.... do i need to get sway bars??? please help

I have a 21mm svt sway bar if you want it, I'm not sure if the zx3 has mounts for the rear bar. You can have it for free, just get it out of my garage.

And yes sway bars help keep the car level through the corners.
Well that depends on what your looking for.

My 2000 ZX3 swapped to the SVT bars because the package I bought came with them.

My CRX that I used for autoX I removed the front all together.

If I was building something for solo 1 or lapping days then I would go bigger.

are you just looking for a lower stance? Are you happy with what you have already? Do you not mind spending the money? Is it the wife's daily driver?

DRyanC
Hey thanks for the reply,

After long discussions i went with Eibach Pro-Kit plus Ford Racing SVT –spec damper kit, and not picking up sways bars (but if the svt sway bar is better ill take that offer up, Ill send a PM)... All i was looking for was to decrease the gap and stay with a comfortable ride and i believe i will be getting this with the set up i bought