Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is sway bars needed???
I was planning to lower the focus with shocks/struts and springs.... do i need to get sway bars??? please help
2007 Focus ZX3 SE Screaming Yellow
Mods: 7" Alpine Double Din In-Dash DVD, Projector Headlights w/ 8000K HID Upgrade, Tinted Windows, Tail lights and 3rd Brake, 17" Motegi MR125 Rims w/ 205 Falken FK452, Ford Racing Dampeners M-18000-ZX3, H&R Sport Springs
Away bars help stiffin the ride that's for sure
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
(06-23-2012, 12:38 PM)wilky1989 Wrote: I was planning to lower the focus with shocks/struts and springs.... do i need to get sway bars??? please help

I have a 21mm svt sway bar if you want it, I'm not sure if the zx3 has mounts for the rear bar. You can have it for free, just get it out of my garage.

And yes sway bars help keep the car level through the corners.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Well that depends on what your looking for.

My 2000 ZX3 swapped to the SVT bars because the package I bought came with them.

My CRX that I used for autoX I removed the front all together.

If I was building something for solo 1 or lapping days then I would go bigger.

are you just looking for a lower stance? Are you happy with what you have already? Do you not mind spending the money? Is it the wife's daily driver?

DRyanC
2000 Black ZX3 (sold)
2007 Liquid Grey ZX5 ses (sold)
2007 CD Silver ZXW ses
2013 F150 crew xlt 4x4 blue flame
Hey thanks for the reply,

After long discussions i went with Eibach Pro-Kit plus Ford Racing SVT –spec damper kit, and not picking up sways bars (but if the svt sway bar is better ill take that offer up, Ill send a PM)... All i was looking for was to decrease the gap and stay with a comfortable ride and i believe i will be getting this with the set up i bought
2007 Focus ZX3 SE Screaming Yellow
Mods: 7" Alpine Double Din In-Dash DVD, Projector Headlights w/ 8000K HID Upgrade, Tinted Windows, Tail lights and 3rd Brake, 17" Motegi MR125 Rims w/ 205 Falken FK452, Ford Racing Dampeners M-18000-ZX3, H&R Sport Springs

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sway Bars... shadowzx3 8 2,807 10-06-2009, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Gabriel
  Rear Anti-sway Suggestions Needed NOS2Go4Me 14 3,211 07-06-2006, 03:15 AM
Last Post: NOS2Go4Me