FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Water Meth Injection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Both my mechanic and I are looking at water meth injection systems for our cars ... thought I'd see if any of the boosted gang on here might also be interested.

I have no idea about suppliers etc at this point - so just looking for expressions of general interest and info about what you might need.
I was looking into it...I was going to use it for the FMIC
Tiketz,Mar 13 2010, 07:09 PM Wrote:I was looking into it...I was going to use it for the FMIC
[right][snapback]303282[/snapback][/right]

would you be looking for a stage 1 (on/off) system, or a stage II that could be controlled by MAF or temp or boost?
Maybe when I get my engine block built up, I might be interested.
I think it was stage one....Its very cheap to maintain lasts long and refills are not pricey
Tiketz,Mar 13 2010, 08:24 PM Wrote:I think it was stage one....Its very cheap to maintain lasts long and refills are not pricey
[right][snapback]303286[/snapback][/right]
Actually stage one systems tend to use more mixture than the controlled ones - but they are definitely less expensive to buy in the first place.
What are you running Ken? turbo? s/c? is this for the Fusion?
Without an intercooler option for your JRSC, water meth injection is the next best thing.
SL8RZZX3,Mar 13 2010, 08:41 PM Wrote:What are you running Ken? turbo? s/c? is this for the Fusion?
[right][snapback]303288[/snapback][/right]
Fusion is now relegated to daily driver status ... I bought a 2003 ZX5 for track duty.

So far I've installed the SVT brakes front and rear and a new suspension and I bought a JRSC BBK off a Focaljet member who was desperate for money ... that will be going on sometime next few weeks, hopefully with WMI and then tuning by Pat at Steeda - hopefully in time for my first track weekend at the end of April. I also have an LSD and new clutch ready to go on.

Still need an exhaust solution (got dibs on Kona's - but timing is iffy) and I'm looking for rims, but otherwise she's pretty much ready to go.
dBlast,Mar 13 2010, 09:22 PM Wrote:Without an intercooler option for your JRSC, water meth injection is the next best thing.
[right][snapback]303292[/snapback][/right]
Exactly - and I only want to tune once, so if I'm doing it, it will be in the next little while.

Pat at Steeda quoted my 450 for a Snow Performance Stage II with digital controller and shut off solenoid, so not cheap.

Hey Vince ... do you have WMI? Also: off topic - do you know if strut tower brace fits over JRSC
Wow sounds awsome! i knew you were looking for a focus, junst didn't know you picked one up yet.

Becareful at Steeda, Pat is great for tuning, but i wouldn't suggest buying or getting anything installed as they are VERY pricey
ZTWsquared,Mar 13 2010, 09:06 PM Wrote:
dBlast,Mar 13 2010, 09:22 PM Wrote:Without an intercooler option for your JRSC, water meth injection is the next best thing.
[right][snapback]303292[/snapback][/right]
Exactly - and I only want to tune once, so if I'm doing it, it will be in the next little while.

Pat at Steeda quoted my 450 for a Snow Performance Stage II with digital controller and shut off solenoid, so not cheap.

Hey Vince ... do you have WMI? Also: off topic - do you know if strut tower brace fits over JRSC
[right][snapback]303296[/snapback][/right]

I don't have WMI.

The strut tower brace should fit over the charger portion (it sits pretty low and the power steering reservoir is re-located toward the front) but depending on what you have on the intake side it may be a tight squeeze. My custom intake tube actually rubs a bit on the hood liner. If you are using the stock JRSC corregated tube running into a SVT air box it should be OK.
Here is some info and prices for the AEM kit from Garage16.ca

1 Gallon Water Injection Kit

5 Gallon Water Injection Kit

So the Meth is Methlhydrate, or gasline antifreeze mixed with water injected into where? Across the intercooler to boost the cooling properties or am I totally off base?
Focus man, Focus.,Mar 15 2010, 01:25 PM Wrote:So the Meth is Methlhydrate, or gasline antifreeze mixed with water injected into where?  Across the intercooler to boost the cooling properties or am I totally off base?
[right][snapback]303350[/snapback][/right]
There are systems that spray water right onto the face of the intercooler, but that's not what this is.

This is 50/50 water/meth sprayed directly into the intake to significantly reduce the intake air temperature, as well as significantly boosting the octane ... in my case it will be injected after the blower and just before entering the cylinders, and so I will be also relocating the Intake Air Temp sensor from the MAF to the intake manifold after the blower.
Focus man, Focus.,Mar 15 2010, 12:25 PM Wrote:So the Meth is Methlhydrate, or gasline antifreeze mixed with water injected into where?  Across the intercooler to boost the cooling properties or am I totally off base?
[right][snapback]303350[/snapback][/right]

I think if its injected then it might be in the engine. But the cooling of the intercooler would be the safest idea.
Intercooler spayer is better with CO'2 Or nitrous but from expereince nitrous is way to expensive. Meth Injection has been around for awhile just not used to often by the normal public.
Hey Ken, depending on price, I am interested.
Natch ... LOL price is what I'm working on.

Would you be more interested in a Stage 1 or 2 ... Stage 1 = on / off based on boost pressure switch - Stage 2 injects increasing amounts of mixture over a range determined by data input such as MAP or MAF voltage

Flofocus,Mar 16 2010, 03:00 PM Wrote:Hey Ken, depending on price, I am interested.
[right][snapback]303413[/snapback][/right]
Stage 2
Pages: 1 2